'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Georgia was stacked when Kirby got there. The recruiting machine went into overdrive when he got there. They're doing the same thing they were doing before NIL. So you've got cash payments, plus NIL, plus the car giveaway.

Comparing ourselves to Kirby is unfair. That man was handed the keys to a perennial 10 win team stacked with 5 and 4 stars and still lost to Vandy in Y1. He’s never coached a team lack of talent. I wonder if his vaunted defense would translate to a non stacked team. Seems to me his scheme is just having elite talent. He needed a generational OC and injured elite WRs to win his two nattys.

Huepel was handed a hot pile of **** and turned it to a 10 win team in Y2. It’s gonna take sometime before recruits start trusting us again.

Comparing ourselves to Kirby is unfair. That man was handed the keys to a perennial 10 win team stacked with 5 and 4 stars and still lost to Vandy in Y1. He’s never coached a team lack of talent. I wonder if his vaunted defense would translate to a non stacked team. Seems to me his scheme is just having elite talent. He needed a generational OC and injured elite WRs to win his two nattys.

Huepel was handed a hot pile of **** and turned it to a 10 win team in Y2. It’s gonna take sometime before recruits start trusting us again.

Great post and very true. JH is a better coach scheme wise and on the field wise than Kirby is. Kirby just out talents people.

🤮🤮🤮🤮.

Enough with the excuses already...

Well back up your Assumptions with some REAL facts and not your, other posters, or even a service experts SPECULATION. It is conjecture till it is not.
Declaring losses for things they never had is just plain weak.

I am sure guys we invested time in that the staff thought were worthy of a scholarship as falented fits selected other places when we did not match rhetoric in todays world or NIL, but you play the cards you want to play and if that is not enough so be it. Lying or over paying might win a player battle but cost you integrity or create room or squad discord; now there is a real loss. You can NOT WIN after playing your cards perfectly.

Bear in mind declaring a loss IN A FORUM can in fact be a LIE, lying is also covered by board rules, the time honored OPINION card we see played all the time. Way too many declarative statements without fact sets to back them up.

Reactions: BigBadVol
UGA is not missing as much.

That's who I'm comparing our recruiting to.
Is it fair? Sure is!

I don't care about the rest of the country's recruiting. We compete against Bama and UGA. Hell, even UF is up and running again in recruiting.

The staff is doing the best they can i believe. But it's not good enough to beat UGA right now. Hasn't been good enough for 3 cycles now.

Yeah we'd be undefeated in the PAC-12 or ACC. Well...guess what?
I agree somewhat of what you’re saying. To be CONSISTENTLY competitive and have a great shot at taking them down Tennessee should keep trying to upgrade the roster. Completely agree with that. With the current situation we’d probably beat them 2-3 times in a 10 year span. Upgrade recruiting and that goes to 4-5 times odds. But again we can certainly get them when the iron strikes hot like last year vs Bama. Just will take some things to happen. We’ll eventually get to the consistency Vol fans desire

Also, saying we’re too 10 nationally sounds good but in reality that’s still like 6-7th in the SEC.
2024 Recruit Football Team Rankings

In reality, Tennessee is currently 4th in the SEC in the 247 Class of 2024 Composite Team Rankings.

#1 ........ Georgia
#3 ........ Florida
#5 ........ Alabama
#10 ..... Tennessee

I don't mind Gloomy Gus negativity (unless you're a troll), but can you at least get it right? Try linking sources.

In reality, Tennessee is currently 4th in the SEC in the 247 Class of 2024 Composite Team Rankings.

#1 ........ Georgia
#3 ........ Florida
#5 ........ Alabama
#10 ..... Tennessee

I don't mind Gloomy Gus negativity (unless you're a troll), but can you at least get it right? Try linking sources.
Linking sources? Do you know how difficult it is to find evidence of non-factual opinions? That takes lots of time and effort. Eck has lots of required 'Trolling 101' Zoom meetings to squeeze in-between his shifts teaching at the Pruitt Academic Academy for gifted young football coaches. He got no time to find evidence to support incorrect facts.

Reactions: SoilVol
Yep...

E Rushing 5 star
W. Nwaneri 5 star
K Franklin 5 star
J Reddell 4 star
J Marshall 4 star
B Russell 4 star
C Bates 4 star
K Fountain 4 star
D Calhoun 4 star
T Singleton 4 star
Ify Obidegwu 4 star

Just guys that we lead on until we didn't
Rushing was ALWAYS an Oregon lead that we got in the battle for.
I don't ever remember Calhoun leaning towards us, it was always UGA.
Same with Singleton, just for LSU. both in state kids, always going visiting the instate school and rarely us.
I don't remember leading for Reddell, we were in on some Missouri guys, so everyone thought they would all commit to us with no real reason behind it besides the echo chamber.

I don't even remember Marshall.

Bates, Franklin, and Nwaneri haven't committed anywhere yet.

Russell was another instate guy, who had committed to Arkansas before. that was always going to be a steal.

in an often years long process "leading" for a day, or week, according to some recruiting analyst who don't even know when they are being catfished, is meaningless.

flips happen.
Signing day hasn't happened.
Kids transfer.
and despite all of this we still have a top 10 class, and are in on plenty of talented guys.

Also, saying we’re too 10 nationally sounds good but in reality that’s still like 6-7th in the SEC.
try 4th. and two of those have more recruits than us.

and for what its worth, we beat two of those teams with higher recruiting classes than us, so recruiting rankings aren't the end all be all of football mr. TAMU.

#1 ........ Georgia
#3 ........ Florida
#5 ........ Alabama
#10 ..... Tennessee

floridas class is nice on paper. a butch class

20+ of those will end up at 3 programs… we can guess who those 3 are…

A little more spread out than that but 72%(23) of last years 5 stars went to top 6 teams(just included teams with over 2), 47%(15) went to top 3 teams, and 34%(11) to the top 2 teams. There were 9 teams that picked up 1 five star each.

2023 5 stars- 32 total(based off of ON3 #s)

Alabubba Gumps- 7

Bullpuppies- 4
Fake UT- 4

USC Prophylactics- 3
OU boomer sooners- 3

Sliami- 2

Real UT- 1
Corndogs- 1
Oregon quacks- 1
Ole Piss- 1
Rocky mountain buffalos- 1
Bruins- 1
Joel Osteen U- 1
Midnight Yell boys- 1
Lamecocks- 1

Notably missing-
Ohio st suckeyes- 0
Meechigan- 0

I believe Tennessee has a better developmental & schematics staff than Georgia but their staff has so many elite recruiters led by the Head Coach it kinda neutralizes that advantage. They go anywhere and everywhere to land kids. We’ll have to be patient though
Easy way to put it, You copy our team and hand it to Kirby. Put them on the same field. We blow that team out. Period.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
People acting like this staff isn’t having issues getting kids across the finish line reminds me of the “this is fine” meme.
I think this staff has a very concrete, defined player they want to get. It fits inside a box. Sometimes you have to look outside the box.

Botch was the anti-Huep. He offered everyone, based on analytics and perceived rankings. To me, his evals were off. Jermy trusted his evals too much, which were usually off.

Huep and company do a great job with evals. Tthe criticism Ive heard is that their board isnt big enough. We arent GA, Bama, or even Flarduh or Clemsuck, yet.

I do think thereve been more tossups this yeae than in the past. I also think our overall averages are up.

There needs to be a mesh point, a happy balance between taking guys. You do need to have depth, and we still dont have that. You cannot rely on the portal for all that, and when you lose what we're losing on OL/DL there is a cause for concern.

But you nor I have any control over it. So? Trust these guys to close strong.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols

VN Store

Back