'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

If we led for them what act of omission or commission by our staff LOST these guys for us?

Language by prospects DURING THE DANCE better be validated by multiple sources. Leading before the last visit with all the cards on the table means nothing.

In college I was in the lead for lots of girls hearts till they completed their dance card. I survived the truth and avoided bouts of depression. But yeah sometimes I thought they were losing ground with their selections, ego is what it is.
🤮🤮🤮🤮.

Enough with the excuses already...

If this weren't totally false it would be true. But it's not true, so you should probably stop saying it.
2021: 4 SEC teams in Top 10 (Vols at #22)
2022: 3 SEC teams in Top 10 (Vols at #17)
2023: 3 SEC teams in Top 10 (Vols at #10)
2024: 4 SEC teams in Top 10 (Vols at #10)

People don’t care about facts when they can express their opinion. It’s how the world works these days.

actually we did have him, we led for 2 weeks and the final 3 days LSU made a harder push than us. Not sure what to make of that, maybe our staff didn't feel like he was worth the money
Maybe you should have just stopped at not sure what to make of it.

View attachment 565572
first year I recall recruiting info being compiled was 2000. Gridscape/Scout. I was in HS in 1994 (when he committed). First year I recall following any info about it was Dec of 99. We recruited some noodle armed Golden boy from Thousand Oaks...

Your post got me to recall getting my first signed football in 1997, my step sister had a class with Peyton - got his signature. My son will be beneficiary of that one.

Anyway, cool story. My brother used to see Peyton on his way to the Law School. They'd nod.

Years later, sitting in skybox. My brother was relaxing, watching the game. Guess who plopped in the seat next to him? Peyton. Said he just likes to talk ball and watch games like a normal dude.

Will always be one of my faves.
Signing Shuler is where I started paying a bit of attention to what recruiting is...I was about 12 or 13. I remember, because he was so big time, and everyone was talking about landing him...the recruiting aspect of getting him started to interest me. By the time Manning committed, I was reading everything I could get my hands on...also, I'm sure playng HS football at that time myself, added more to it, as well.

But, yeah, Heath Shuler, man. To me, landing him was in every way, as important as landing Manning.

We will probably never know what swayed him. They could have promised him the moon and the stars, a starting spot as a Frosh or set him mom or dad up with jobs etc. Move on and get the next guy

Reactions: hooter vol
Some of y’all need another hobby. You miss more in recruiting than you ever get.
So UGA recruited Burns??
They didn't get him.

How about Heard? Swung and miss there too?

Tennessee is missing more than they hit right now. But don't act like it's common place 🙄. That's not to say Tennessee is doing bad, either!

But to act like "it's fine" when we clearly wanted him is just silly as hell...

UGA is not missing as much.

That's who I'm comparing our recruiting to.
Is it fair? Sure is!

I don't care about the rest of the country's recruiting. We compete against Bama and UGA. Hell, even UF is up and running again in recruiting.

The staff is doing the best they can i believe. But it's not good enough to beat UGA right now. Hasn't been good enough for 3 cycles now.

Yeah we'd be undefeated in the PAC-12 or ACC. Well...guess what?

So UGA recruited Burns??
They didn't get him.

How about Heard? Swung and miss there too?

Tennessee is missing more than they hit right now. But don't act like it's common place 🙄. That's not to say Tennessee is doing bad, either!

But to act like "it's fine" when we clearly wanted him is just silly as hell...
It’s absolutely fine because there’s many players we clearly want. And we will get some and not get some. It’s how it works.

Is it fair? Sure is!

I don't care about the rest of the country's recruiting. We compete against Bama and UGA. Hell, even UF is up and running again in recruiting.

The staff is doing the best they can i believe. But it's not good enough to beat UGA right now. Hasn't been good enough for 3 cycles now.

Lol last year it was not good enough to beat AL, but then we did…..

I’ve been following long enough to know a blind homer and will put a positive spin on no matter what happens.

“This is fine.” 😉
Go to any sec team forum outside of Georgia and Alabama and there are a infinite number of you. We get it, no we don’t currently recruit to those teams levels. Maybe we never will. Maybe if we keep winning and improving we will continue to make up ground in recruiting accordingly. But I get it, we live in a instant gratification culture now.

Is it fair? Sure is!

Lol bs

We can beat UGA THIS year

We can't recruit like them overnight

What is the point of saying stuff like this?

Lol bs

We can beat UGA THIS year

We can't recruit like them overnight

What is the point of saying stuff like this?
What do you mean? After one good season in 20 years we should be recruiting as good as the defending two time national champions, and the school that is know as a nfl factory for defensive talent. After one good year. Guys delusional. After a few ten win seasons and we are still recruiting like this that is fair to complain about. But not after one ****ing good season.

Signing Shuler is where I started paying a bit of attention to what recruiting is...I was about 12 or 13. I remember, because he was so big time, and everyone was talking about landing him...the recruiting aspect of getting him started to interest me. By the time Manning committed, I was reading everything I could get my hands on...also, I'm sure playng HS football at that time myself, added more to it, as well.

But, yeah, Heath Shuler, man. To me, landing him was in every way, as important as landing Manning.
My first one was Eric Berry he committed on ESPN it was between USC, Tenn, UGA and we snagged him.
Also turned out to be my favorite Vol so….

VN Store

Back