'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

He's asking if LSU paid more in NIL money.

Probably did IMO. I don't think it's always money but when it comes down to team teams being equal I'd guess it could be a deciding factor. This staff has said it's not going to get in a bidding war for a recruit. I'm guessing with many of these recruits that we're missing on at the last min are other teams raising their bid and the VOLS are not playing that game. The coaches seem to have a number for a kid and they lay it out up front what his NIL value is and they stick to it. JMO
I wonder if at some point underbidding bites us in the butt? True difference makers are going to expect a generous NIL. And we need true difference makers at more than just QB.

NIL is still new, and there are still lots of unknowns and questions. It gets confusing. Who decides how much a player is worth? Is it the coaches, or is it Spyre? Do we underbid because we don't have the monetary support, or are we just set on players being worth a specific value? I'm sure there are all kinds of ins and outs that we lay people are not privy to. But I am curious about the whole process.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back