'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

This tanked in a hurry, there’s so much gloom and doom, it’s like shark week (Which I’m watching when I can this week). We lose on ONE recruit and some of you lose your minds (that’s how it reads), he!!, we’ve lost on a few more this cycle, every year and y’all seem to be circling like sharks and thinks that’s the end all. @butchna, hell, I’m tired after mom in hospital, could you do me a favor and show these youngsters the errors of their ways? I’ll owe you one, but damn they’re stupid.

This tanked in a hurry, there’s so much gloom and doom, it’s like shark week (Which I’m watching when I can this week). We lose on ONE recruit and some of you lose your minds (that’s how it reads), he!!, we’ve lost on a few more this cycle, every year and y’all seem to be circling like sharks and thinks that’s the end all. @butchna, hell, I’m tired after mom in hospital, could you do me a favor and show these youngsters the errors of their ways? I’ll owe you one, but damn they’re stupid.
How should people react??

That's 11 min highlight. Watch it or not.

But don't sit here and call people stupid because they're upset that that same Red and Black team is maintaining that level of dominance while were not getting ENOUGH of the same type of guys to catch up.

How should we react??
Celebrate when we get a guy, when not just keep our mouth shut?!

Reactions: Volfan76
Take care of Mom…I’ll cover the (not Chas) Nimrods. 😏

But don't sit here and call people stupid because they're upset that that same Red and Black team is maintaining that level of dominance while were not getting ENOUGH of the same type of guys to catch up.

How should we react??

You’re doing your part, Little. Projecting your righteous anger that another program is maintaining their standard on the heels of repeating as national champions. Whining on a message board should reap a windfall of flips. Are you reversing any predictions that we were TEN YEARS BEHIND a mere TWO YEARS AGO as was continually posted? So currently we’re ranked 10th and looking at adding 4 star OT Warren? Heupel turned the 22nd ranked class (and inherited roster mess) into 7 wins in 2021 and the 17th ranked class into 11 wins. Therefore YOU want US to shut up if we have a modicum of trust that the coaches can advance the program with the recently signed 10th ranked class? Sounds reasonable. 😒

How should we react??

I could only watch 2 minutes of that

You’re doing your part, Little. Projecting your righteous anger that another program is maintaining their standard on the heels of repeating as national champions. Whining on a message board should reap a windfall of flips. Are you reversing any predictions that we were TEN YEARS BEHIND a mere TWO YEARS AGO as was continually posted? So currently we’re ranked 10th and looking at adding 4 star OT Warren? Heupel turned the 22nd ranked class (and inherited roster mess) into 7 wins in 2021 and the 17th ranked class into 11 wins. Therefore YOU want US to shut up if we have a modicum of trust that the coaches can advance the program with the recently signed 10th ranked class? Sounds reasonable. 😒
Perfect!

We really shouldn't. No one thinks of Wide Receivers when they think Tennessee. Our best receiver in the past 11 years plays RB in the NFL. We've had 3 wide receivers drafted in the first round this century and one of them killed a guy drunk driving so we don't really claim him.

No our best WR doesn’t play RB. Just stop.

Reactions: hooter vol

How should we react??

I would suggest they act like reasonable and rational adults and wait till the end of this cycle to assess the relative value of our additions from HS and the portal before statusing a class or coaches ability.

It is the REPETITIVE childish over board posts when we don’t land a target like he is the best or only solution to our needs in all of the HS and the portal.

Sometimes you have to man up and move on or maybe take another shot at the player till there is way more finality to the situation.

NEVER EVER accepting the fact we could earn or even luck into a better player for our team with that scholly.

Not all that difficult.

Over celebrating before the ink is dry has it’s peril as well. It can just posture the other guys.

We really shouldn't. No one thinks of Wide Receivers when they think Tennessee. Our best receiver in the past 11 years plays RB in the NFL. We've had 3 wide receivers drafted in the first round this century and one of them killed a guy drunk driving so we don't really claim him.
The NFL sure has under Heupel

Reactions: volsagain
Idk squat about recruiting I listen to all of you great fans, but I wonder IF we close well enough whether a couple guys we were close with might reconsider as we get closer to NSD. 🤷🏻‍♂️ thoughts?

I mean IF we start pulling in some studs couod we flip a couple like Bates and the 5 star Arizona DE?
Entirely possible for a kid to change their mind BUT usually barring something radical I think most of those stick.

The NFL sure has under Heupel

right-dr-evil.gif

How should we react??

how do you know we aren't getting enough to catch up?

We are DRASTICALLY improving our talent even with a number 10 class. We are 19th in talent right now. We took that #19 talent, and are getting #10 classes from it. Once we are #10 in talent, you can complain about not closing the gap with #10 classes. but right now stacking a couple #10 classes will do us a ton of good. And if we can solidify our talent, and continuously beat Bama and Florida on the field that will help us draw in more talent. and these aren't Butch Jones top 10 classes, these are classes that actually have real talent, and coaches that can develop them.

you completely ignore all the losses Georgia has in recruiting, while blowing ours completely out of proportion. If there was ever a team to get, and keep, anyone they want, it should be UGA. But they just lost a defensive recruit to Auburn.

Reactions: hooter vol

How should we react??

Why can't you understand you're overreacting though?

Why do you think we won't close the gap when all we've done is get better and better recruits each year Heup's been here?

Do you genuinely believe we should flirt with a Ohio State, Bama, or UGA like recruiting class in year three?

We were in the 20's after the Pruitt debacle and first full year Heup gets us a top 11/10 class and now we are currently sitting inside the top 10 with only one good season under our belt.

How much better could we realistically be doing right now? We are also only trending up too. Zero reason to flip out over recruiting.

Why do you think we won't close the gap when all we've done is get better and better recruits each year Heup's been here?

Do you genuinely believe we should flirt with a Ohio State, Bama, or UGA like recruiting class in year three?

We were in the 20's after the Pruitt debacle and first full year Heup gets us a top 11/10 class and now we are currently sitting inside the top 10 with only one good season under our belt.

How much better could we realistically be doing right now? We are also only trending up too. Zero reason to flip out over recruiting.

But...but...but.... Georgia

Unacceptable to not sign as many blue chips as the back to back NCs. I mean, dang man. Heup's had 2 seasons. This is ridiculous! Can't close!

But...but...but.... Georgia

Unacceptable to not sign as many blue chips as the back to back NCs. I mean, dang man. Heup's had 2 seasons. This is ridiculous! Can't close!

Thanks for proving my point.

You all are delusional.

You're interjecting a bunch of BS that I NEVER SAID! 10 years behind???

Nobody said a damn thing about YOU or ANYONE else shutting up!!

So DON'T TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS LEGITIMATE CONCERNS TO SHUT UP!!

Take your misdirecting, off topic, MEANDERING justifications and shove it somewhere the sun don't shine @butchna !

I don't need YOUR approval on any opinion I have!

Neither does anyone else need you to be a clever heckler when they're pissed off that we lead for kids that suddenly spurn us when SUPPOSEDLY lead for them.

Not talking about recruiting rankings.

I'm taking about getting guys that can make a difference vs UGA.

Look at Florida if you if you want to shoot that notion that we shouldn't be recruiting up there with said teams. Since people love to use recruiting rankings...

DNas White, Nasir whatever are two DTs that are just bodies at our level of play! They can't turn the tide!

You want to see what Franklin and Nweneri can do beside each other? Look at UGA the past 2 years. Look at Alabama from 2009 - 2018. Tennessee in 2001!

You want to see what type of DBs give Heupels offense fits? Look at Cai Bates!!

Not talking about recruiting rankings.

I'm taking about getting guys that can make a difference vs UGA.

Look at Florida if you if you want to shoot that notion that we shouldn't be recruiting up there with said teams. Since people love to use recruiting rankings...

DNas White, Nasir whatever are two DTs that are just bodies at our level of play! They can't turn the tide!

You want to see what Franklin and Nweneri can do beside each other? Look at UGA the past 2 years. Look at Alabama from 2009 - 2018. Tennessee in 2001!

You want to see what type of DBs give Heupels offense fits? Look at Cai Bates!!
Jordan Matthews, Rickey Gibson, and Kaleb Beasley are all studs. You are acting like we haven’t even improved our depth or talent level under Heupel.

Thanks for proving my point.

You all are delusional.

Lol. Come on man. Of course we need the best guys out there to compete with the cream of the crop. And of course I don't like loosing to them.

The disconnect between our views comes down to time frame. I think it is delusional to think that we should be there currently and a waste to whine about missing this one or that one to teams that have been so much more relevant for the past several years. It feels like we are on the right path. Win more and the path becomes easier until we finally get where we all want to be. At the top! It takes time.

VN Store

Back