'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

😂 this thread lmao
200w.gif

We're getting this guy
Hope you’re right. Getting 2 corners with elite ball skills like him and Beasley would be huge. Outside of Slaughter and Turnage our DBs aren’t very good at playing the ball in the air. Not sure if that’s coaching, talent, or a combination of both. Regardless, getting this guy would be massive, and would allow Conyer and Goree to play the star. Which is where I think they would thrive

Reactions: Clevegasvol
Hope you’re right. Getting 2 corners with elite ball skills like him and Beasley would be huge. Outside of Slaughter and Turnage our DBs aren’t very good at playing the ball in the air. Not sure if that’s coaching, talent, or a combination of both. Regardless, getting this guy would be massive, and would allow Conyer and Goree to play the star. Which is where I think they would thrive
Matthews
Gibson
Beasley
Bates.
Goree
Conyer

incredible when you start thinking about how much better we are recruiting corners and the Star position overall.

Matthews
Gibson
Beasley
Bates.
Goree
Conyer

incredible when you start thinking about how much better we are recruiting corners and the Star position overall.
I just hope they get developed well. I’m personally not a big fan of Willie, but recruits seem to like him. So I’m hoping we see some significant improvement in the secondary this year

I just hope they get developed well. I’m personally not a big fan of Willie, but recruits seem to like him. So I’m hoping we see some significant improvement in the secondary this year
The overall hero worship of an average Martinez on this board is baffling.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
The overall hero worship of an average Martinez on this board is baffling.
I think a lot of it is based on his past successes earlier in his career and the fact that he’s a recognized name by this fanbase. Recruits seem to love him though and Alonte Taylor speaks highly of him. I personally don’t think he’s a very good developer of talent. Both Moseley and Sutton didn’t improve all that much under him and our secondary hasn’t improved much during his current run. My biggest issue though was how he went about rebuilding our secondary through the portal in 2022. Instead of going after corners in the portal he moved a couple of safeties to corner and just added more safeties. Our DB recruiting seems to have improved significantly. So hopefully we can at least be a middle of the pack pass defense this year and then once the guys he actually recruited are on their 2nd and 3rd year on campus we can really start to see something that resembles an SEC championship caliber secondary

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back