'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

In my mind, it's too early to make a judgment on Heupel as a coach. When I look back at his offenses as an OC plus his UCF and UT numbers, this season is an outlier. He just made a mistake with Milton and painted himself into a corner. Last year wasn't a fluke. When he has the players, he has the ability to have us knocking at the door of a 4 team playoff. I'm hopeful that makes it a near lock that we make a 12 team playoff from time to time. For my money, I'm going to see how he goes about rebuilding this roster. I discount year 1. That simply doesn't count in my book. We've only got what, 4 players left from the 2021 class? I'm going to let this guy flip this roster and get his players in here. That's when I think he's on the clock. Right now, I"m just hoping he's got a list of transfer targets and a ton of NIL money to spend.
I am not talking about Heupel. I am talking about Martinez. I really like Heupel and don’t want him going bc anywhere.

How many FR play significant minutes at GA? You know, the school that signs the highest rated HS guys every year? Not that many Hershal Walkers out there..... Lots of risk/reward issues involved with putting true FR on the field, especially at the upper end of the P5 schools where UT plays. Name all the FR at the top half of the SEC schools that logged minutes this year. Their existence or lack of existence will be telling. Getting both physically and mentally prepared to play at the D1 level before throwing them out there is the NORM, not an aberration.
The reason UGA isn’t playing FR isn’t because they’re afraid they’ll get hurt. It’s because they have better talent in front of them.

The reason UGA isn’t playing FR isn’t because they’re afraid they’ll get hurt. It’s because they have better talent in front of them.
Which freshman should we be playing based on what they have shown us in games?

Its like the age old expression of everyone's favorite player is the back up qb. and then you see him come in and play and you realize why he is the back up. Its not like someone has been showing out in limited snaps, and Heupel is just playing an older player over him. sure there are some good moments for the freshmen, but plenty of busts as well that get conveniently forgotten when the starter also struggles.

Which freshman should we be playing based on what they have shown us in games?

Its like the age old expression of everyone's favorite player is the back up qb. and then you see him come in and play and you realize why he is the back up. Its not like someone has been showing out in limited snaps, and Heupel is just playing an older player over him. sure there are some good moments for the freshmen, but plenty of busts as well that get conveniently forgotten when the starter also struggles.
Has Matthews played? Has Luttrell played? Has Conyers played?

Gibson and John Slaughter have played in all 11 games with Gibson having a few defensive stats. Conyer has played in 8 games.

I assume Matthews is headed for a redshirt having only played in 3 games. I’m guessing Luttrell has been hurt or just isn’t good enough to even get in at all.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I thought Luttrell got hurt in the spring/summer. Matthews got a few snaps, I don't remember him doing anything, can't remember seeing Conyers on the field.

the reason I made the point is that if you watch there other schools you see their freshman making plays even in limited snaps. Those are the ones that end up playing early and potentially winning the starting job. we haven't had anyone just show up and prove they should have a spot. Our entire preference for these new guys is that the starters aren't playing well, not that the guy we want has shown out.

Gibson and John Slaughter have played in all 11 games with Gibson having a few defensive stats. Conyer has played in 8 games.

I assume Matthews is headed for a redshirt having only played in 3 games. I’m guessing Luttrell has been hurt or just isn’t good enough to even get in at all.
I stood next to Luttrell after the aTm game. He’s tiny. Can’t imagine him being an SEC safety.

Reactions: VOLED
It’s like this kid just wanted someone other than us….he was rumored to be a heavy lean to us in the summer the picked LSU…after decommiting he was again rumored to be a heavy lean to us until FSU swooped in…I hate that but I also feel good about Beasley and Goree…our freshmen look good and I’m sure we’ll find 1-2 in the portal as well…this isn’t the end of the world by any means

It’s like this kid just wanted someone other than us….he was rumored to be a heavy lean to us in the summer the picked LSU…after decommiting he was again rumored to be a heavy lean to us until FSU swooped in…I hate that but I also feel good about Beasley and Goree…our freshmen look good and I’m sure we’ll find 1-2 in the portal as well…this isn’t the end of the world by any means
We also had 3 high school CBs in the last class.

moar depth. get all you can.

Cai Bates would help this team.

Reactions: PA Vol

VN Store

Back