'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Needs to take banks with maybe someone will want banks. Heupel will keep on doing nothing about making changes when needed he be.
Heupel was promised five years when he took the job by white. Much in the same way Heupel has promised Banks time to flip the roster. We’ve got some pieces and some talent we just don’t have a lot particularly in the secondary, linebacker is also thin and going.

I mean this was a forgone conclusion when he didn’t visit recently. Tennessee was in his recruitment the entire time just couldn’t get over the hill and close this one out.

Reactions: PA Vol
Awesome. Can't really blame him with how the staff refuses to play young DB's
Not gonna pile on this defensive staff, but....hell...yeah I will. They screwed up. Might not have made a difference, but it sure wouldn't have hurt.

Reactions: PA Vol
yeah, right...he's out recruiting right now with Heup, right? doesn't sound like someone riding off in to the sunset....................................
Maybe Heupel will dump him somewhere on the road when he gets word about Bates?

Pretty sure huh. Well we shall see
He’s back if he wants to be is the thing here. Unless he gets hired somewhere else or retires, he will be back.

Our view (and I include myself in that term) of what’s going on and Heupel’s isn’t exactly the same. Going into more detail might make some tear their hair out.

Heupel was promised five years when he took the job by white. Much in the same way Heupel has promised Banks time to flip the roster. We’ve got some pieces and some talent we just don’t have a lot particularly in the secondary, linebacker is also thin and going.
Heupel getting promised 5 is pretty obvious, probably a few more to be honest, but promising a coordinator anything is dumb. Anytime an upgrade is available you take it.

Heupel getting promised 5 is pretty obvious, probably a few more to be honest, but promising a coordinator anything is dumb. Anytime an upgrade is available you take it.
You can think what you like. Hell I can think what I like. Heupel has a way of doing things and he’s going to stick to that. Continuous improvement of talent and play on the field is what he’s looking for and honestly it’s what he’s getting right now. I know we’re not far enough along for anyone’s liking but we’re better than last year. Recruiting has been good as well.

We can argue whether or not that’s the best approach or turning the staff on its head and getting a new DC and having new relationships as far as the new staff and recruits. Right now we’re trying to maintain stability as much as possible and build relationships as far as recruiting. Might be the wrong approach in the end but it’s the way Heupel wants to do business.

Banks was terrible. He also lead the team in tackles. Tackles are a very overrated stat
For MLB? he isn't blitzing much, he isn't in pass pro usually. again if he isn't making the tackle we are relying on our secondary. and that just means more yardage for the opponents.

Georgia's starting MLB had 2 more sacks (2 total) and 1 more TFL than Herring (4 total). Herring had 15 more tackles.
Bama's starting MLB had 2.5 more sacks (2.5)-uh oh not solo sacks, and half -uh oh not solo again- a TFL less than Herring (2.5 total). Herring had 25 more tackles.

there is the huge, gaping chasm of a difference between our Sun Belt MLB and Alabama & Georgia's difference makers. give me a break.

You can think what you like. Hell I can think what I like. Heupel has a way of doing things and he’s going to stick to that. Continuous improvement of talent and play on the field is what he’s looking for and honestly it’s what he’s getting right now. I know we’re not far enough along for anyone’s liking but we’re better than last year. Recruiting has been good as well.

We can argue whether or not that’s the best approach or turning the staff on its head and getting a new DC and having new relationships as far as the new staff and recruits. Right now we’re trying to maintain stability as much as possible and build relationships as far as recruiting. Might be the wrong approach in the end but it’s the way Heupel wants to do business.
Recruiting has been good is a very opiniated statement.

It's been decent, but needs to get a whole lot better. Elker has done well, and RG has done well. Other than that. What difference makers have we recruited at linebacker or in the secondary? Also, Banks unit the safties have been part of one of the worst units on the field.

Saying the defense has improved is very opiniated as well. RG and Ek's position groups have covered up a lot of deficiencies in the back end.

Recruiting has been good is a very opiniated statement.

It's been decent, but needs to get a whole lot better. Elker has done well, and RG has done well. Other than that. What difference makers have we recruited at linebacker or in the secondary? Also, Banks unit the safties have been part of one of the worst units on the field.

Saying the defense has improved is very opiniated as well. RG and Ek's position groups have covered up a lot of deficiencies in the back end.
Carter isn’t a difference maker? He’s a true freshman. This class and last class look pretty good in the secondary.

Opinionated? It’s better without question than last year. Now to be fair the bar wasn’t set very high but it’s a better unit this year than last. We could definitely argue whether the secondary is better or not than last year though. I’ll give you that.

Carter isn’t a difference maker? He’s a true freshman. This class and last class look pretty good in the secondary.

Opinionated? It’s better without question than last year. Now to be fair the bar wasn’t set very high but it’s a better unit this year than last. We could definitely argue whether the secondary is better or not than last year though. I’ll give you that.
I think Carter might be buts it's hard to tell from how little he played this year.

You say this is a good secondary class but how many of the kids we signed would be on the field in Tuscaloosa, Athens, or in Ohio?

Reactions: VolNash17
He’s back if he wants to be is the thing here. Unless he gets hired somewhere else or retires, he will be back.

Our view (and I include myself in that term) of what’s going on and Heupel’s isn’t exactly the same. Going into more detail might make some tear their hair out.
You have hair? Lucky bast***!

Reactions: CAVPUT

You seem to be implying that you have first-hand knowledge of what Heupel thinks.

VN Store

Back