‘23 FL OT Lucas Simmons (FSU commit)

One of the top offensive tackle prospects in the class of 2023 has locked in his commitment date as Lucas Simmons is set to announce a decision July 11th live during a CBS Sports HQ broadcast.

Simmons, who was born in Sweden and has been living in the United States for just over a year now, attends Florida's Clearwater Academy International, which has quickly turned into a factory for high-level international prospects. He will pick between FSU, USC, Florida and Tennessee after taking official visits to all four schools during the month of June with his parents, who still live in Sweden.

"It just feels like those are the one with the best people around them," Simmons said Wednesday over the phone.

Simmons then quickly shared with 247Sports what he likes about each one of his finalists.

FSU: "It's the people. [Alex] Atkins and [Mike] Norvell and just the comfortability over there. It's a place that I know I can develop as a person and a player."

USC: "There are a lot of opportunities and LA and it's just the way things are headed with their football program. I also know I can get the best with academics and football there."

Tennessee: "I like [Glenn] Elarbee and the direction Tennessee is headed. I also really like their offensive scheme."

Florida: "It's just the consistency with how they have been recruiting me. They have been very consistent and I like how they have five offensive line coaches. It's constant development."

There are currently any 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecasts logged for Simmons and the latest buzz surrounding the recruitment is that Simmons is still mulling things over.

"I haven't made my decision yet," Simmons said.

What will things ultimately come down to?

"The people and my heart," Simmons said. "That means a lot to me. Of course, I want to also be happy at the place I'm at."

When it comes to scouting Simmons, he's viewed as a potential NFL player given how he moves for someone his size. Part of the 247Sports' scouting report for the 6-foot-7, 300-pound Simmons can be found below.

"What you look for in a young left tackle prospect given size, reach and ability to bend. Grew up in Sweden playing handball and a variety of other sports before his hulking frame led him to the game of American football ... Can simply overwhelm defenders with his 82-inch wingspan and take them right out of the play. Longer legs, on the other hand, allow him to eat up a ton of space as he moves left or right, depending on the blocking scheme.

"Understands how to establish a firm base and set up for hand-to-hand combat, but must get better at engaging pass rushers on his own time frame instead of simply catching. Will also probably need to eventually figure out how to play with a lower pad level as that will help him getting a little more nasty at the point of attack ... Should be viewed as a potential multi-year starter for a Top 25 program. However, will need some time to incubate at the school choice and probably shouldn’t be rushed into action as that could kill confidence and hamper development. Sheer mass could have NFL circles buzzing one day."
-Ivins

. Auto correct typing error it could happen to anyone

Yes. All phones auto-correct from FSU or Seminole to "Gator".

Unless you have some special troll app that auto-builds your posts here and it forgot which thread it was in. Or... Unless you're just here stirring feces and didn't bother to put any effort into it.

Yes. All phones auto-correct from FSU or Seminole to "Gator".

Unless you have some special troll app that auto-builds your posts here and it forgot which thread it was in. Or... Unless you're just here stirring feces and didn't bother to put any effort into it.

It’s almost as if Corrine Brown made a troll account to post on Volnation.

That sounds like FSU to me

I was thinking USC. "...I know I can get the best with academics and football there."

I'm going USC also because he's a foreign player and LA is much more diverse than the other cities/towns. I think that's comforting for international folks.

Sounds like Vols to me...cause VFL GBO WGWTFA!!

But he’s going to FSU apparently according to my cousin who works there, you can take it for what’s it worth no reason to get mad
I had a buddy who worked in the recruiting office at FSU last year who told me Tyre West was texting the coaches during his last visit to UT and that they felt like he was FSU bound. That proved to not be the situation… this is giving me Tyre West vibes.

Just texted my cousin last night about it he said he was 70 percent confident he was going to FSU. He said we were behind FSU and Southern Cal. I will keep you guys updated

Just texted my cousin last night about it he said he was 70 percent confident he was going to FSU. He said we were behind FSU and Southern Cal. I will keep you guys updated

Looking forward to the update!

Edit: Weird…. Meant to type “I’m adding you to my ignore list” but autocorrect changed it.

VN Store

Back