Florida (-15) vs Tennessee

I never thought I would see aday when a Florida fan says no way we cover, our offense sucks and Tennessee fans answer "yeah well, have you seen how bad we suck".

Reactions: 9 people
I never thought I would see aday when a Florida fan says no way we cover, our offense sucks and Tennessee fans answer "yeah well, have you seen how bad we suck".

I don't think "there is no way Florida covers". I also dont think Florida's offense sucks.

As a better, I would not be comfortable with Florida's ability to stop themselves.

2 games with 400+ yards of offense and 38+ minutes of time of possession and only 24 and 16 points respectively.

That's damn near impossible to do. If Florida doesn't stop themselves, than, yeah, I am afraid it will get ugly.

Admittedly, Florida has a history of not sabotaging themselves against Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
Cant believe the majority of the fanbase has given up after a rough showing against maybe the best team in the country. Everyone blasts our players for quitting last year and it looks like the fan base is no better.

Grow a set of balls - we will have something for Florida.

Reactions: 11 people
My preseason pick was Florida 27-Tenn 21. I still think that's about right. Wouldn't be surprised if Tenn. Kicks it up a notch and wins this one. This will be a close game.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL.....never thought I would live to see a thread between tenn and Florida fans about who sucks more.

Reactions: 7 people
No, just pointing out that the play calling was indeed conservative.

Tennessee just could keep simple handoffs and a hook route from going for big yards

And in case you didn't see my response to your other post, I posted early this morning from mobile which is why the signature didn't show up. I'm still holding you to that if it happens. :)

Cant believe the majority of the fanbase has given up after a rough showing against maybe the best team in the country. Everyone blasts our players for quitting last year and it looks like the fan base is no better.

This offense had nothing for an undersized defense in Oregon, now all the sudden they are gonna get it against the best defense in the country? And why should we be better as fans when our team hasn't given us a reason to be?

Has Butch got Casey Clausen and maybe Travis Henrry playing next week?
If so, awesome!

Reactions: 1 person
This offense had nothing for an undersized defense in Oregon, now all the sudden they are gonna get it against the best defense in the country? And why should we be better as fans when our team hasn't given us a reason to be?

What is all this "best defense in the country" talk for Florida? Miami certainly didn't have a problem with them. My understanding is still that Florida lost a lot on defense. When did their defense magically hit Bama status?

I think we play well on Saturday. Just my gut and I think Butch will know how to get these guys to respond the right way. JMO

Interesting you believe that after posting this just hours ago....

The problem is our offense isn't good enough to slow down games. We have average RBs, average QB, and our 2 receivers everyone was excited about Croom and North have yet to show up against ANYONE. We are just not very good. Can't game plan around that playing maybe the best team in the country.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...elieve-but-worse-offensive-2.html#post9164531

I swear some of our fans are bi-polar. Crying in one thread, then telling people to grow a pair or stop being a nega-vol in the next. I'm sure if I searched I could find about 25 examples of this from different posters.

What is all this "best defense in the country" talk for Florida? Miami certainly didn't have a problem with them. My understanding is still that Florida lost a lot on defense. When did their defense magically hit Bama status?

You obviously did not watch the game.

Reactions: 4 people

UF's defense was stout in that game. The offense gave it away.

Reactions: 2 people

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just not ready to blow Florida just because Oregon hammered us.

IMO Florida would have had a very similar experience in Eugene.

Oregon would beat UF, but they would not score 59 on our defense.

Whether you're ready to blow our defense or not...and only you can decide the best time for all that...UF's defense is among college football's best.

VN Store

Back