Florida (-15) vs Tennessee

UF's solid defense and our weak offense could be a bad combination. If Driskel has a record-setting day-- and players do tend to have them against us-- it could get ugly. If we're fired up after the UO loss like I hope we'll be, I think we'll keep it closer, especially if our D can force turnovers. Our injuries could make a difference, though. Depends on how many of our key players are back.

We will learn a lot from this oregon game. UT will either.overcome it and be stronger or it'll be a devastation. UT will have a good chance.to beat an unimpressive Florida team. If Florida would've travelled to Oregon for a game yesterday, they would've gotten shellacked too

Seems about right. Should be up to -17.5 by game time.

Agreed. The line is gonna move up over the next few days. 17.5pts seems about right. UF's D is different form Oregon's. UF will get into our backfield and cause far more disruption than OU did. Whorley won't get to stand in the pocket and whiff on wide open WRs. He'll be on his back.

I hate it for the players b/c I think they're genuinely trying the best they can but a score like 27 to 10 UF, seems pretty reasonable.

We will learn a lot from this oregon game. UT will either.overcome it and be stronger or it'll be a devastation. UT will have a good chance.to beat an unimpressive Florida team. If Florida would've travelled to Oregon for a game yesterday, they would've gotten shellacked too

This is pretty much what I've been saying for a couple of pages now. But somehow I got ganged up on by 2 gator fans and a bunch of ledge-jumping Tennessee fans

Cant believe the majority of the fanbase has given up after a rough showing against maybe the best team in the country. Everyone blasts our players for quitting last year and it looks like the fan base is no better.

Grow a set of balls - we will have something for Florida.

The 8 game losing streak to the Gators probably had a bit to do with it.

All week this place was saying we had a good chance to beat Oregon.

Oregon is definitely better than Florida, but we also aren't as good as some thought.

This is pretty much what I've been saying for a couple of pages now. But somehow I got ganged up on by 2 gator fans and a bunch of ledge-jumping Tennessee fans

Because somehow there are several posters here who disagree with your opinion.

I agree Oregon would beat UF, but I disagree with the notion that UF gives up 50+ points, because our defense is VERY good.

You question whether or not UF's defense is all that, which is fine.

At the end of the day, UT's offense is worse than our previous two opponents, so UF doesn't have to resemble the 2000 Ravens defensively to get the job done.

Our offense on the other hand...

Reactions: 1 person
Fantasy...pure fantasy.

Fantasy would be believing you have a reason to take so much pride in your defense that returned what, 4 starters this year? And that stellar, aggressive, perfect defense playing well (sort of) against a dynamic, awesome, explosive, incredible Miami offense (that scored 14 on NC last year and a whopping 3 on Notre Dame).

And for the record I'm not predicting a win over Florida, but I'm still looking for a legitimate reason that people believe their defense is so great. I haven't heard one yet except that "analysts are saying so".

I agree Oregon would beat UF, but I disagree with the notion that UF gives up 50+ points, because our defense is VERY good.

At the end of the day, UT's offense is worse than our previous two opponents, so UF doesn't have to resemble the 2000 Ravens defensively to get the job done.

This

At the end of the day, UT's offense is worse than our previous two opponentsq, so UF doesn't have to resemble the 2000 Ravens defensively to get the job done.

I agree with the bolded but the notion that our offense is worse than Toledo's is ignorant.

Fantasy would be believing you have a reason to take so much pride in your defense that returned what, 4 starters this year? And that stellar, aggressive, perfect defense playing well (sort of) against a dynamic, awesome, explosive, incredible Miami offense (that scored 14 on NC last year and a whopping 3 on Notre Dame).

And for the record I'm not predicting a win over Florida, but I'm still looking for a legitimate reason that people believe their defense is so great. I haven't heard one yet except that "analysts are saying so".

Miami is in year 3 of their rebuilding mode... It is time for them to start playing well. They were very, very young last year. They would kick our ass also...

ill go ahead and say again we were a busted coverage away from getting shut out by oregon. how are we going to score on florida.

No less ignorant than the notion that UF's defense isn't elite.

And yet I'm still sitting here. Waiting for a reason that you or anyone else thinks its so elite.

Is it because your defense was number 5 in the country last year?

A defense that returned less than half it's starters?

I want stats.

87137540-354B-4A2F-9825-0DF5063E4D25-11295-0000082BC58FA4F8_zps89b72148.jpg

ill go ahead and say again we were a busted coverage away from getting shut out by oregon. how are we going to score on florida.

Unless we run the Read-Option where the QB keeps the ball a lot, we won't score much on anybody.

Throw it deep. Our secondary will improve as the season goes on, but we've got a couple new safeties who sometimes don't line up correctly and are still learning how to communicate.

VN Store

Back