Florida (-15) vs Tennessee

ill go ahead and say again we were a busted coverage away from getting shut out by oregon. how are we going to score on florida.

If Peterman starts, our offense will look much better. He can actually get the ball to the receivers. I see this being a 16-13 kinda game

And yet I'm still sitting here. Waiting for a reason that you or anyone else thinks its so elite.

Is it because your defense was number 5 in the country last year?

A defense that returned less than half it's starters?

I want stats.

Last year has nothing to do with me, and many others, sharing the opinion that UF has an elite defense.

Whether you're convinced or not is your problem.

We simply agree to disagree here...and collectively your opinion is in the minority.

Last year has nothing to do with me, and many others, sharing the opinion that UF has an elite defense.

Whether you're convinced or not is your problem.

We simply agree to disagree here...and collectively your opinion is in the minority.

Fair enough. And again I may be wrong. Florida may have the greatest defense of all time for all I know. But nothing I have seen has led me to believe that.

This started because its sickening to see my fellow Vol fans cowering away from a defense that is far from proven just because we got routed by (arguably) the best team in college football yesterday.

Fair enough. And again I may be wrong. Florida may have the greatest defense of all time for all I know. But nothing I have seen has led me to believe that.

This started because its sickening to see my fellow Vol fans cowering away from a defense that is far from proven just because we got routed by (arguably) the best team in college football yesterday.

Those two things are mutually exclusive.

I dont think anyone changed their opinion on UF's defense based on what happened in Eugene yesterday.

There is a major difference between

A. Being 3-0 and scoring 184 points in your first 3 games, and as a result praising your own offense.

and

B. Being 1-1, allowing 27 points in your first 2 games against a cupcake and a team that MAY be a good team, and praising your own defense.

Very poor argument.

I fail to see the big difference. The defense for UF didn't lose that game, they held Miami to barely 200 yards of offense. Oregon has played no one any tougher than UF has so why can they praise their offense as the best in the country but UF can't praise their defense as possibly the best in the SEC? For two years in a row Bama has been torched by A&M while UF managed to shut them down. This defense is better than what we faced this weekend and we'll be lucky to score 14.

Their defense is about the same quality as Oregon's defense. Their offense has been no where near Oregon's ability so if we score around 28 points we'll be in this game for sure.

I think we play well on Saturday. Just my gut and I think Butch will know how to get these guys to respond the right way. JMO

you're.....you're....you're being positive???!?!?!?! VOLNATION HAS REALLY HAD A MELTDOWN.

THE FOUR HORSEMEN ARE HERE!

Throw it deep. Our secondary will improve as the season goes on, but we've got a couple new safeties who sometimes don't line up correctly and are still learning how to communicate.

lol at worley throwing deep. i think peterman should get his shot but i dont see it happening until the seemingly inevitable embarrassment in gainesville

Their defense is about the same quality as Oregon's defense. Their offense has been no where near Oregon's ability so if we score around 28 points we'll be in this game for sure.

where are these 28 points coming from? 4 pick 6s?

If we scored 28 points, we would likely win. However, I'm not sure if you have noticed but we don't have Patterson, Hunter, or Bray this season. Just thought I would let you know.

You've played 2 games!!
One cupcake and one unranked 7-5 Miami team.
And you lost one of them.
Your defense may be great, but NO ONE is in any position to call you or anyone else "the best defense in the country" after 2 games, neither of which were SEC games.
That's ignorant.
Well for sake of argument, I think Oregon sucks.
They've played 3 cupcakes and I'm supposed to buy this hype they are a national title contender?
Bunch of pansies out in hippie land.
What makes their offense good?
Fantasy would be believing you have a reason to take so much pride in your defense that returned what, 4 starters this year? And that stellar, aggressive, perfect defense playing well (sort of) against a dynamic, awesome, explosive, incredible Miami offense (that scored 14 on NC last year and a whopping 3 on Notre Dame).
And for the record I'm not predicting a win over Florida, but I'm still looking for a legitimate reason that people believe their defense is so great. I haven't heard one yet except that "analysts are saying so".
I'm with you fellas! :) I haven't got any idea how the game will turn out. Should be a good one though, considering the best D is going against the best O line. .:whistling:

where are these 28 points coming from? 4 pick 6s?
Well..., Driscoll has showed he is capable and our D has shown they will take the gimmes.

I'm glad to see that things aren't completely irrational in this thread. chatt-town seems to have the delusions pretty well covered.

We're going to get run out of the Swamp, as per usual.

Absolutely none...our defense is better and our offense is worse.

I'm not very convinced Florida plays better defense than Oregon. You gave up 21 points to Miami. Granted one of those TDs was the result of a Florida fumble deep in their own territory. Still it looks like Miami penalties stopped Miami a few times.

Tenn doesn't make the mistakes Miami made.

I'm not very convinced Florida plays better defense than Oregon. You gave up 21 points to Miami. Granted one of those TDs was the result of a Florida fumble deep in their own territory. Still it looks like Miami penalties stopped Miami a few times.

Tenn doesn't make the mistakes Miami made.

We make way more.

It doesn't matter if Florida is good or bad, nor does it matter if we're good or bad. They always play their A game against us, and we always play poorly against them.

trey burton and driskel...... oisf;waeoihf;ioawehf;ihwae;fuihwe;iohf;owiehf;oiwehf!!!!!!!!!!

if we lose because of them two i will scream so loud the whole world will hear it. i am sluohweiufhlwuiehfliuhewfli;uhekl;sjfnsdkjfnsdkljfnsdlkjfnlsdakjfnljkdsfnlksdjan tired of losing to florida.

The more I look at what Florida has done so far this year, the more I like Tennessee's chances to put a win in the books.

You've played 2 games!!

One cupcake and one unranked 7-5 Miami team.

And you lost one of them.

Your defense may be great, but NO ONE is in any position to call you or anyone else "the best defense in the country" after 2 games, neither of which were SEC games.

That's ignorant.

It's not last year; Miami isn't 7-5.

In spite of the protestations of some, Florida's defense really is phenomenal. We would have a hard time scoring with a really good offense -- and we don't have a really good offense or anything close to it.

Combine that with the fact that our secondary and middle of the field coverage is weak and we will make Florida look pretty good on offense.

Florida is just better -- significantly better. I didn't feel like that was as much the case last year or the year before, but it is certainly this year.

Tenn doesn't make the mistakes Miami made.[/QUO

3 years ago Miami was where we are now. They have a good coach who had to come in and fix relations with high school coaches, bad recruiting and no depth. Miami is now and will be a good team. And their only gonna get better.

We make way more.

It doesn't matter if Florida is good or bad, nor does it matter if we're good or bad. They always play their A game against us, and we always play poorly against them.

Miami's offense shot themselves in the foot a few times with offensive penalties and still won. I believe Tenn only hurt themselves on offense with penalties once.

I'm glad to see that things aren't completely irrational in this thread. chatt-town seems to have the delusions pretty well covered.

We're going to get run out of the Swamp, as per usual.

I didn't say we would win. Nor did I say we would even be competitive. I said I don't know. And I said I don't understand the hype around Florida's defense.

So explain these "delusions" I have please.

I'll wait right here.

Last edited:
In spite of the protestations of some, Florida's defense really is phenomenal. We would have a hard time scoring with a really good offense -- and we don't have a really good offense or anything close to it.

Combine that with the fact that our secondary and middle of the field coverage is weak and we will make Florida look pretty good on offense.

Florida is just better -- significantly better. I didn't feel like that was as much the case last year or the year before, but it is certainly this year.

Smith had 5 receptions for you guys Saturday..... He should have had 8. He flat out went "stone hands" on three passes. The fact that they were incomplete lays with Smith not the QB. Smith gets open very well, he just needs to "catch" the damn ball.

VN Store

Back