Florida Game

I checked on ticket prices at Gainesville and the most reasonable is just over $100. Prices at Neyland start at $68.

I've been to Gainesville 3 times- twice for football and once for basketball (Lady Vols). I'm 0-2 in football but 1-0 in basketball (a blow out!).

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend hotels with in walking distance to the stadium? I plan on drinking and don't want to drive. Also anyone know a hotel where a lot if vol fans stay?

Can anyone recommend hotels with in walking distance to the stadium? I plan on drinking and don't want to drive. Also anyone know a hotel where a lot if vol fans stay?

I normally stay around Ocala as the team typically stays there.

There was a Holiday Inn close to campus that many UT fans stayed at but it is probably late to find a room close although, I think there are still tickets available at UT for this game so more rooms may be available still.

Maybe the below will help. I can't personally recommend a hotel because I have the privilege of access to a friend's guesthouse when I go for games. Being only 2 miles from Neyland, I just park at the free parking garage next to Market Place, breakfast at Pete's, then shop or explore and lunch/dinner near the river or the UT campus until game time. Anyway, maybe the below will be helpful:

Hotels near Tennessee Volunteers Football - Neyland Stadium Knoxville

Maybe the below will help. I can't personally recommend a hotel because I have the privilege of access to a friend's guesthouse when I go for games. Being only 2 miles from Neyland, I just park at the free parking garage next to Market Place, breakfast at Pete's, then shop or explore and lunch/dinner near the river or the UT campus until game time. Anyway, maybe the below will be helpful:

Hotels near Tennessee Volunteers Football - Neyland Stadium Knoxville

Games in Florida

Reactions: 1 person

there is a holiday inn a few blocks away ....

Gainesville-University Ctr Hotel in Gainesville, Florida | Holiday Inn

and a hilton that is walkable, but it's a hike.

Hotels in Gainesville FL - Hilton UF Conference Center Gainesville FL

both are either probably sold out by now or prices have been jacked sky high.

there is a holiday inn a few blocks away ....

Gainesville-University Ctr Hotel in Gainesville, Florida | Holiday Inn

and a hilton that is walkable, but it's a hike.

Hotels in Gainesville FL - Hilton UF Conference Center Gainesville FL

both are either probably sold out by now or prices have been jacked sky high.

The Hilton Conference Center is pretty nice. 2 night minimum on game weekends. Plus there is a shuttle running to campus.

2 years ago we parked our SUV (for free) on campus early Sat morning and set up the tent, etc. Called the shuttle to pick us up. Then took the shuttle back to our tailgate site when we were ready.

The Hilton Conference Center is pretty nice. 2 night minimum on game weekends. Plus there is a shuttle running to campus.

2 years ago we parked our SUV (for free) on campus early Sat morning and set up the tent, etc. Called the shuttle to pick us up. Then took the shuttle back to our tailgate site when we were ready.

Forgot about the shuttle.

It is the nicest hotel in Gainesville

Are you suggesting that there is a chance that those may not be real?

No. I'm saying I don't like gals who go big on makeup. The stuff tastes awful when making out. Plus the more gunk you put on suggests you have a lot to hide.

No. I'm saying I don't like gals who go big on makeup. The stuff tastes awful when making out. Plus the more gunk you put on suggests you have a lot to hide.

I never said anything, but one of those chicks is the FSU girl of cowgirl and Brett Favre fame

Cross country week makes winning this unlikely..Im flying home from Oregon for 3 days then driving down for 5 days around it.

Cross country week makes winning this unlikely..Im flying home from Oregon for 3 days then driving down for 5 days around it.

NICE!

I did something similar back in '94. A group of us went to the UCLA game, flew back on Monday, then went to UGA the next weekend.

It's sad I had more money in college than now! :cray:

Reactions: 1 person

That is hardcore. I am making the Oregon trip due to hiking MT Whitney the week before but not going to make it to Gainesville. Too much travel there for me already but just couldn't miss Oregon. Haven't been to Gainesville since 2001.

Anyone have any info on the quality inn in gainesville?

I think there are 2 in Gainesville. Either way it's the Quality Inn. If you're just there to party, crash, reload, & repeat then it's probably fine.

I think there are 2 in Gainesville. Either way it's the Quality Inn. If you're just there to party, crash, reload, & repeat then it's probably fine.

Essentially ya. Just me and the fiancé. If anyone is going down or staying there I would love to meet up.

Essentially ya. Just me and the fiancé. If anyone is going down or staying there I would love to meet up.

I just received an email from the Alumni Association about tickets. We'll (me, wife, and brothers) most likely be there.

VN Store

Back