Florida Game

Just got 4 to the UF game. Section 49. Not the greatest but at least it's with UT fans.

Can anyone recommend hotels with in walking distance to the stadium? I plan on drinking and don't want to drive. Also anyone know a hotel where a lot if vol fans stay?

The Best Western one exit up from the stadium was great they had a party at their bar on Friday and shuttled us to and from the game on Saturday. This was 07, but i will stay there every time, Gators were not bad either it was probably to hot for them to speak.

Where & when is the VolWalk at UF?

It usually consists of buses pulling up to the South endzone and the players getting off. It is quite the spectacle with the State Trooper cars, motorcycles, etc. but it's not a Vol Walk, per se.

NICE!

It's sad I had more money in college than now! :cray:

Too much $$$ spent Big Green Eggs?
jk

Dude, I checked on a large Green Egg yesterday...they wanted over $1,300 bucks!!!
Looks like it's back to the ol' Chargrill barrel cooker for me lol.

jk

Dude, I checked on a large Green Egg yesterday...they wanted over $1,300 bucks!!!

$1300? Was there a table with it?

Look at Craigslist and the local want ads. A lot of time people get them and decide it's not for them and you can pick one up fairly reasonable.

I bought mine in Lenoir City from a guy who didn't want it. It had never been fired up. Large Egg, beautiful table, all the accessories (plate setter, rib rack...) paid $825.

jk

DUDE _ you gotta look at the Char Griller Akorn - I picked one up a few months ago and you cannot beat it.

DUDE _ you gotta look at the Char Griller Akorn - I picked one up a few months ago and you cannot beat it.

I've seen those. They're metal vs ceramis, right? Same kamodo cooking idea, though. Should work fine. It's all about maintaining temp which is the key to a low n slow cook.

I've seen those. They're metal vs ceramis, right? Same kamodo cooking idea, though. Should work fine. It's all about maintaining temp which is the key to a low n slow cook.

Yes its fully insulated though and super efficient. I have no doubt that I will one day upgrade to a ceramic but just couldn't justify the additional cost without having some hands on experience with them.

I can keep mine pegged at 225 for 18 hours once the fire settles in.

$1300? Was there a table with it?

Look at Craigslist and the local want ads. A lot of time people get them and decide it's not for them and you can pick one up fairly reasonable.

I bought mine in Lenoir City from a guy who didn't want it. It had never been fired up. Large Egg, beautiful table, all the accessories (plate setter, rib rack...) paid $825.

It had fold up table top attached to the sides, and accessories.

Mine is probably a lesser expensive metal char griller barrel grill without a smoker box on the side.

I tried to attach a photo, but said it was too large...and NO, that's not wss.

Mine is probably a lesser expensive metal char griller barrel grill without a smoker box on the side.

I tried to attach a photo, but said it was too large...and NO, that's not wss.

lol - the Akorn just looks like a metal egg - for 299 it lets you experience the whole kamado cooking trend. I have had various grills over the years and this is by far the most versatile I have ever used. Sear, smoke, low and slow, roast - it does it all and it does it well.

Reactions: 1 person
There are worse fates.

florida-girls.jpg

Florida girls get plastic surgery when they're 12. Nose jobs too.

G-Ville isn't South Beach. Looks like central Ohio. Motel 6, Holiday Inn, Travel Lodge, etc. Fifty percent of grads will be underemployed/unemployed.
Beating UT is all these "crackers" have left (UGA and FSU streaks are history).
I'm going to the Oregon game.
Save your money on G-Ville and head west to see a real team play.

Went down there before. Don't think I'll ever be back. Didn't really enjoy being spit at.

Section 49 is pretty high I believe.

But, better safe than sorry. Bring both

What he said...definitely bring a pancho.

Students will be sitting to your right, but you're up high enough to where you'll be safe from all the flying loogies, piss bombs and D batteries.

What he said...definitely bring a pancho.

Students will be sitting to your right, but you're up high enough to where you'll be safe from all the flying loogies, piss bombs and D batteries.

So you need a hard hat and a pancho and or left to right wind.

VN Store

Back