Florida granting teaching licenses to military + spouses.

Let's take your PTO figure. My county has 11 nonstudent days and that includes optional per their own calendar.

180+11-3 is 188. That's 250 per day at a 47k salary.

My company has 8 days called off for holidays.

260-8-17 is 235

250*235=$58,750 for starting off.

You want all 11 federal holidays even though they aren't all off? That's $58,000.

Did I mention every Wednesday is early release by an hour?
So you started at $66,000 and have now adjusted to $58,000.
I started at $54,000 and will adjust to $56,000.
That's equivalent to about 66k annually if working full 12 months. Starting out.
That's not what you were saying at all. You were saying it as a comparison to everyone else presumably working 12 months.

The conversation was that teachers make 47k which would translate to 66k. That's total BS.
The real days worked ration would result in 47k = 54k.

I'm satisfied that we have gotten off of the 66k number. That was always nonsense.
The other fact that needs to be processed is that the average private sector employee works about 30 days per year more than the average teacher (paid days). If you want to calculate unpaid days that are worked, teachers probably work more than the average private sector job.

Luther has a "that was easy" button on his chest today. He has 32 people telling him how easy he has it and nobody defending him.
No. He's realizing GA doesn't give a butt about him and hes mad that Florida is a better place to work for teachers. I'm not arguing to decrease their salary. Not at all. But don't come on these streets acting like it's the hardest profession.

But who really knows?
I wish you could have followed me when I went to sleep and got called in the middle of the night and went to work, or went to the little league and had to leave during the middle of one of my kids games. You're a leach on society, you don't know what real work is.

No. He's realizing GA doesn't give a butt about him and hes mad that Florida is a better place to work for teachers. I'm not arguing to decrease their salary. Not at all. But don't come on these streets acting like it's the hardest profession.
??????
Please point out where I ever said anything remotely like it was the hardest profession.
But it is a hard profession.
However, I could point out multiple posts where people have acted as if it is hardly a profession at all - that anyone could do it with little or no training. That it's an 8.5 month a year job where all the other "real" workers are toiling away for 12 months a year. That mentality is ignorant and leads to absolutely nothing positive.

Those are the posts with which you should be taking exception.

So you started at $66,000 and have now adjusted to $58,000.
I started at $54,000 and will adjust to $56,000.

I'm satisfied that we have gotten off of the 66k number. That was always nonsense.
The other fact that needs to be processed is that the average private sector employee works about 30 days per year more than the average teacher (paid days). If you want to calculate unpaid days that are worked, teachers probably work more than the average private sector job.
You have, at best for you, a 30 days window. This is why you can't be taken as a serious person.

The 66k was without looking deep into it and the 56k is using every little benefit to teachers. Would I submit that as a benchmark without looking into actual numbers? Hell no. 56k starting salary is your best argument assuming private takes more than three weeks vacation and sick. While teachers only use 3.

Although this says the average is 5.

Roll Call 2020: Factors associated with teacher absenteeism.

Your argument is crap.

I wish you could have followed me when I went to sleep and got called in the middle of the night and went to work, or went to the little league and had to leave during the middle of one of my kids games. You're a leach on society, you don't know what real work is.
That's simply stupid; but I know you will never realize how or why.

You have, at best for you, a 30 days window. This is why you can't be taken as a serious person.

The 66k was without looking deep into it and the 56k is using every little benefit to teachers. Would I submit that as a benchmark without looking into actual numbers? Hell no. 56k starting salary is your best argument assuming private takes more than three weeks vacation and sick. While teachers only use 3.

Although this says the average is 5.

Roll Call 2020: Factors associated with teacher absenteeism.

Your argument is crap.
I'm pretty sure you don't even know what my argument is.

??????
Please point out where I ever said anything remotely like it was the hardest profession.
But it is a hard profession.
However, I could point out multiple posts where people have acted as if it is hardly a profession at all - that anyone could do it with little or no training. That it's an 8.5 month a year job where all the other "real" workers are toiling away for 12 months a year. That mentality is ignorant and leads to absolutely nothing positive.

Those are the posts with which you should be taking exception.
I would not call it a profession that is a breeze by any means. I can't really name an industry that is easy either. I would say, in Florida, teachers at the bachelor level are adequately paid. We can have a conversation about the master degree recipients. Something has to be revalued somewhere whether it's the master degree cost itself or salary.

Reactions: luthervol
I guess I should have assumed that you misunderstood her rather than her being stupid.
She may not use them as she damn well pleases (at least not in GA). They are SICK LEAVE days.
The 230 private sector includes sick leave days which are separate from the average of 17 vacation days in the private sector.
Likewise, the 200 teacher days average includes the 10 sick leave days.

We do agree that the average private sector job consists of about 230 working days per year while the average teaching job consists of about 200 working days per year.

I’m in the private sector and I get 21 paid days off plus four “floating holidays “. If I’m sick….or my child is…it comes out of my PTO. Any other subjects besides grammar and private sector labor relations that you’re struggling with?

I think the discussion has begun to move to the teaching profession in general. I don't care about salary. I just think your days are off.
I gave you the exact days of my county and the required minimum starting salary from the state of Florida. I used your low "sick day" figure. Those days are the days here.

I gave you the exact days of my county and the required minimum starting salary from the state of Florida. I used your low "sick day" figure. Those days are the days here.
I told you I don't care about the salary. I just wanted to clarify the number of days teachers work. No need to argue about it. 180 is really low and that may be why Florida Man keeps doing stupid things.

Reactions: luthervol
I’m in the private sector and I get 21 paid days off plus four “floating holidays “. If I’m sick….or my child is…it comes out of my PTO. Any other subjects besides grammar and private sector labor relations that you’re struggling with?
You must not live in one of these states........or a city that has progressed to the 21st century or work for a company worth a damn.
Which states have mandatory paid sick leave? Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Washington, D.C. have mandatory paid sick leave laws.

Try to keep up with more than what's inside your little bubble.

You must not live in one of these states........or a city that has progressed to the 21st century.
Which states have mandatory paid sick leave? Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Washington, D.C. have mandatory paid sick leave laws.

Try to keep up with more than what's inside your little bubble.

Your comment didn’t list those states. You made an all encompassing comment about private sector benefits. You did spell all of the states correctly and used your/ you’re correctly though. So I guess there’s that? Also you live in a city/state that does not have mandatory sick leave for private sector employees. I’ve actually held a private sector job inside of 285 in the last 10 years. Have you?

Your comment didn’t list those states. You made an all encompassing comment about private sector benefits. You did spell all of the states correctly and used your/ you’re correctly though. So I guess there’s that? Also you live in a city/state that does not have mandatory sick leave for private sector employees. I’ve actually held a private sector job inside of 285 in the last 10 years. Have you?
Nope. But I have immediate family members who do and I'm close to many others who do as well. They all have paid sick leave that does not come out of their vacation days. Sounds as if you should have worked for a better employer. Good thing you got out of that job.

VN Store

Back