Florida granting teaching licenses to military + spouses.

We don't agree at all on the 250-252 number.
Your friend isn't very bright then. Those are "sick days". For the care of yourself or a family member.
She has a masters in education, by your metrics that should prove intelligence, no? She can use her pto days as she damn well pleases. Does she use it for sick days and Dr days? I'd assume so. She has plenty of time off compared to other professions.

We do agree on it, outside of your dishonest, one sided, deduction to fluff your number. If this is your way of benchmarking, perhaps you're overpaid rather than under.

Last edited:
"You're math sucks" while your best number is two days different while admitting that your top number may not have all days off which gives toward my figure, which is only two days different. Seems like we agree on the 250-252, chief. By your own admitted statement, your standard deviation would place my number in your range. Take a lap.

"Usually 260" came from this:

https://www.symmetry.com/payroll-tax-insights/how-many-working-days-are-in-a-year#:~:text=How many days - not including,can change depending on year.

Where do we differ? Its where you took 17 days of time off from full year workers and not the teachers. Just asked a friend, who is a teacher, how many pto days she gets. It's ten per year. So subtract it from your 200.

You also assume that full year folks don't work on the weekends? Nah. You have zero data on that from both professions to even try to estimate it.

Then you arbitrarily add 10 days for CE. How many hours per year are required for it? Every single number manipulation you made was one sided. I even gave you the 200 and your point still falls FLAT. You're still in the same pickle, dummy.

Attachments

• 880A2C82-2F9A-49C0-844A-A1D6B7B4AC75.jpeg
    880A2C82-2F9A-49C0-844A-A1D6B7B4AC75.jpeg
    770.6 KB · Views: 4
Maybe start with providing one instance where I condoned plagiarism. Few things are worse - false accusations being one.
My mind went there easily as a way to make a point that many are to dense to process without an extreme.
I really don't care much about grammar....I think we've been through this once already.

Informal usage, particularly in speech, allows for most in place of almost.

Do you care about pronouns? Those lil bastards have been taking a beating for a few years now.

Do you care about pronouns? Those lil bastards have been taking a beating for a few years now.

Itā€™s important for teachers to be observed and certifiedā€¦ā€¦but not important that they understand the difference between to/too.

She has a masters in education, by your metrics that should prove intelligence, no? She can use her pto days as she damn well pleases. Does she use it for sick days and Dr days? I'd assume so. She has plenty of time off compared to other professions.

We do agree on it, outside of your dishonest, one sided, deduction to fluff your number. If this is your way of benchmarking, perhaps you're overpaid rather than under.
I guess I should have assumed that you misunderstood her rather than her being stupid.
She may not use them as she damn well pleases (at least not in GA). They are SICK LEAVE days.
The 230 private sector includes sick leave days which are separate from the average of 17 vacation days in the private sector.
Likewise, the 200 teacher days average includes the 10 sick leave days.

We do agree that the average private sector job consists of about 230 working days per year while the average teaching job consists of about 200 working days per year.

LOL! For what? Pancake breakfast duty or ticket taker at the Friday night football game? You really don't know what it takes to keep this country running, do you?
It takes at least a moderately well educated population. But you can only lead a horse to water.

I guess I should have assumed that you misunderstood her rather than her being stupid.
She may not use them as she damn well pleases (at least not in GA). They are SICK LEAVE days.
The 230 private sector includes sick leave days which are separate from the average of 17 vacation days in the private sector.
Likewise, the 200 teacher days average includes the 10 sick leave days.

We do agree that the average private sector job consists of about 230 working days per year while the average teaching job consists of about 200 working days per year.
She's not in GA. You call her stupid (a ten year teacher at a grade A school with a masters degree) yet have no idea what Florida allows. Why is this relevant? Because we are specifically talking about Florida. You call other people ignorant and then displayed your ignorance loud and proud. Imagine speaking in absolutes using a single state that isn't the state we are discussing.

Again, you attribute criteria for one side and not the other. Your figures are dishonest and a terrible display of attempted benchmarking. Aim high one way and low another. It's pathetic. You're overpaid. This isn't your craft, clearly.

Link on the 230 and 200 figures?

Last I was told by a teacher here in Jax, 180 days per most teacher contracts. I'll give you a week extra even though reporting days should be included in the 180 but I'm a nice guy.

Also there are usually 260 working days in a year. My company has about 8 holidays on the schedule so looking at 252. Teachers have PTO so if you're going to account for PTO in full time year round, then do it for teachers too. You can tinker with the holidays all you want but it'll only increase by 2-4. I assume holidays are not included in the 180 contract days.

From my view, we are looking at 187 compared to 252. Part of that 187 includes this planning time. Of that contract, teachers make 251.34 per day. That rate with the 252 days is just over 63k.

Now let's do your 200 days, that is 235 per which equals just over 59k when giving it the 252 days. This is a starting salary in the state of Florida. Meaning zero real world experience.

In the event that's the 180 is kids being included, that's just 11 days so 4 days more than the 187 which leaves you short still of the 200 and doesn't move the needle on the points being made.
Get in with a company that gives two to three weeks in vacation and you're looking at 230.

Last edited:
Get in with a company that gives two to three weeks in vacation and your looking at 230.
I didn't include PTO for either figure. When you do, the difference is inconsequential to the point being made.

Attribute his 17 days plus three more days (his rounding) and teachers 10 days and the salary is 57.8k. Give the teachers leeway and assume 7 are taken and it's at 56k starting salary. Starting.

He's an idiot.

Last edited:
I didn't include PTO for either figure. When you do, the difference is inconsequential to the point being made.

Attribute his 17 days plus three more days (his rounding) and teachers 10 days and the average is 57.8k. Give the teachers leeway and assume 7 are taken and it's at 56k starting salary. Starting.

He's an idiot.
It also looks like most states have a minimum of 180 classroom days for the students (i think one of the teachers i know only gets three personal days a year without a doctor note). So if you assume 10 or 20 days that teachers are working when kids aren't at school, that gets you closer to the 200 versus 230 number.

It also looks like most states have a minimum of 180 classroom days for the students (i think one of the teachers i know only gets three personal days a year without a doctor note). So if you assume 10 or 20 days that teachers are working when kids aren't at school, that gets you closer to the 200 versus 230 number.
I even used his 200 number. But that number doesn't include days taken while in session. Since we are taking PTO from other professions, is it not accurate to attribute some days to teachers being off as well? Its at most 11 days of kids not at school that includes optional. I looked at the actual 2022-2023 calendar for that.

200 doesn't include time taken off.
230 does.

This is terrible bench marking that spits a less accurate estimate. This isn't hard.

I even used his 200 number. But that number doesn't include days taken while in session. Since we are taking PTO from other professions, is it not accurate to attribute some days to teachers being off as well? Its at most 11 days of kids not at school that includes optional. I looked at the actual 2022-2023 calendar for that.

230 does.

This is terrible bench marking that spits a less accurate estimate. This isn't hard.
Like I said, I know some teachers only get three non-sick PTO per year.

Attribute his 17 days plus three more days (his rounding) and teachers 10 days and the salary is 57.8k. Give the teachers leeway and assume 7 are taken and it's at 56k starting salary. Starting.

He's an idiot.
You're clueless.
I've explained it once.
You cannot compare sick days with vacation days.
When a private sector employee calls in sick, they do lose a vacation day.
When a teacher calls in sick, they lose a sick day. They can have a maximum of 10 sick days before they start being docked pay.
Teachers DO NOT use those days unless they are sick.

230 does.

200 does include time taken off.
The same as the 230.
NEITHER INCLUDES DAYS THAT MAY BE MISSED BECAUSE OF SICKNESS.
comprender

Like I said, I know some teachers only get three non-sick PTO per year.
Let's take your PTO figure. My county has 11 nonstudent days and that includes optional per their own calendar.

180+11-3 is 188. That's 250 per day at a 47k salary.

My company has 8 days called off for holidays.

260-8-17 is 235

250*235=$58,750 for starting off.

You want all 11 federal holidays even though they aren't all off? That's $58,000.

Did I mention every Wednesday is early release by an hour?

You're clueless.
I've explained it once.
You cannot compare sick days with vacation days.
When a private sector employee calls in sick, they do lose a vacation day.
When a teacher calls in sick, they lose a sick day. They can have a maximum of 10 sick days before they start being docked pay.
Teachers DO NOT use those days unless they are sick.
In most private sector jobs vacation and sick are one in the same. So they lose a vacation day. It's the same thing in an overwhelming majority of those professions.

Let's take your PTO figure. My county has 11 nonstudent days and that includes optional per their own calendar.

180+11-3 is 188. That's 250 per day at a 47k salary.

My company has 8 days called off for holidays.

260-8-17 is 235

250*235=$58,750 for starting off.

You want all 11 federal holidays even though they aren't all off? That's $58,000.

Did I mention every Wednesday is early release by an hour?
Just looked. My county has a 200 day year for teachers. They do not have early release days in Wednesdays.

VN Store

Back