Florida vs USC

Doesn't matter. I am curious as to what you have seen out of Florida to make you so confident that they would beat Alabama, or what you have seen out of Georgia to make you think they have a better chance than Bama. You can say "oh it's a rivalry game" but that doesn't change the fact that Florida has owned Georgia for the better part of two decades.

For one Bama won't be able to jump all over Florida like they do most of their opponents. Also with Bama's inexperience in big tight games I would pick Florida. Tebow and Harvin have been playing in big games since they were freshmen its an afterthought now.

i'll try and keep this short so BPV will read the whole post.......lol.

1. FL/USC is a TV dream matchup. Forget the x's and o's matchup, TV would love it. ESPN migh explode if that's the matchup. that said, i think it's a closer game than most would think.
2. Penn St. hasn't done a thing wrong. they've dismantled the two best teams they've played so far. but they still have an air of vulnerability about them...not sure why or what it is......but their season is now wrapped up in two games: @OSU and MSU. win those, they're in the discussion, legitimately.
3. Bama vs. LSU......Bama should throttle LSU if they show up like we now know they can. The road doesn't scare them.
4. Florida will beat GA at the cocktail party.

We keep up with USC, they don't beat us by double digits. We would come to play. Tebow would have his boys ready.

I am not saying Florida can't keep up, but these SEC fanboys who spout off about how USC would get creamed by an SEC team are out of their minds.

We keep up with USC, they don't beat us by double digits. We would come to play. Tebow would have his boys ready.

If you play like you did against Ole Miss, it turns into double digits. But then again, if they play like they did against Oregon State, then it is completely reversed.

If you play like you did against Ole Miss, it turns into double digits. But then again, if they play like they did against Oregon State, then it is completely reversed.

I was thinking that a lot of people remember only Florida losing. They forget that USC lost to Ore. St.. Ole Miss is a better team than Ore. St.. And Houston Nutt is a better coach than Riley so Florida lost to a better team.

I dunno who would win Oregon State/Ole Miss to be honest.

Snead sure is a player though.

It's hard to use that kind of comparison, though. Would App State have beaten Florida last year?

So do you guys seriously think USC has more talent than Florida especially on offense?
Did not say that. Both are loaded with talent on offense. We are faster. BUT they have a really talented, when healthy, defense. I think FLA would have success against their D, but they would also have success against our D as well. It would be a great game. I just think playing our conference schedule gives us more momentum going into the game. Being faced with adversity and your back is against the wall during the seaon really builds character within teams that belong in SEC. IMHO.

I dunno who would win Oregon State/Ole Miss to be honest.

Snead sure is a player though.

It's hard to use that kind of comparison, though. Would App State have beaten Florida last year?
Appy State could have quite possibly shredded our D last year. Reality would have been we would have beaten Appy State, BUT they were a great team. All the teams that beat us, beat us with a smashmouth, I formation offense. No spread offenses.

Did not say that. Both are loaded with talent on offense. We are faster. BUT they have a really talented, when healthy, defense. I think FLA would have success against their D, but they would also have success against our D as well. It would be a great game. I just think playing our conference schedule gives us more momentum going into the game. Being faced with adversity and your back is against the wall during the seaon really builds character within teams that belong in SEC. IMHO.

I would really like to see Mcknight get loose against Spikes and the crew.

if you think sanchez isn't that good you clearly haven't watched any SC game this year sans the ASU game where he was injured. and SCs speed on D would shut down florida. Remember florida's starting RB was 4th string on SCs roster.

if you think sanchez isn't that good you clearly haven't watched any SC game this year sans the ASU game where he was injured. and SCs speed on D would shut down florida. Remember florida's starting RB was 4th string on SCs roster.
I think Sanchez is legit, but he's not Carson Palmer. Florida's starting RB that was 4th on USC's roster never gets to run the ball. The three burners do that and USC doesn't have a match for that group.

On D, USC is the best in the country, even though they gaffed at OSU and looked silly.

I think Sanchez is legit, but he's not Carson Palmer. Florida's starting RB that was 4th on USC's roster never gets to run the ball. The three burners do that and USC doesn't have a match for that group.

On D, USC is the best in the country, even though they gaffed at OSU and looked silly.

Not again please don't start that carp up. Their D really hasn't proved anything. They haven't went against an explosive offense yet. And they probably won't looking at their schedule. The Pac-10 sucks like I thought so beating them down proves nothing. I couldn't see Florida losing period out there. No one would stop them out there.

Sanchez is better than palmer. Palmer had far better receivers and really only had one half of a good season in his entire SC career.

and what explosive offense has florida faced? The SEC is filled with some of the worst offenses in the country see south carolina, Tenn, and Auburn. and don't give me the "sec has great defenses" bs. Those teams haven't scored any points in their nonconference games too.

I was thinking that a lot of people remember only Florida losing. They forget that USC lost to Ore. St.. Ole Miss is a better team than Ore. St.. And Houston Nutt is a better coach than Riley so Florida lost to a better team.

Both Ole Miss and Oregon St. are 3-3 against a schedule of comparable strength (Oregon St. may actually have the edge here)

Florida lost on a Saturday at home. USC lost on a Thursday night, on the road.

Advantage: USC

VN Store

Back