Florida vs USC

Kindly tell us how good Auburn, Vandy, and Miss St. are on the offensive side of the ball.
I don't think the SEC has ever been highlighted or mentioned for "prolific" offenses? Or am I wrong? SEC offenses are adequate enough to win every game. The defenses are the stronghold of the league. Or am I way off here?

I don't think the SEC has ever been highlighted or mentioned for "prolific" offenses? Or am I wrong? SEC offenses are adequate enough to win every game. The defenses are the stronghold of the league. Or am I way off here?

Me either but you only mentioned Tennessee when discussing the conference's offenses as a whole.

And, our offense is most certainly not adequate enough to win a game. I reference you to our game on 9/27 against Auburn.

It's a great circular argument when you don't play anyone out of conference worth anything. bad sec teams beat "good" sec teams and that is because the SEC is "great top to bottom." SEC teams don't score squat and that is because the SEC has the "best defense." Yet SC loses to OSU and that means that SC is over rated and if SC rolls the rest of hte conference that means the pac-10 stinks. makes sense to me.

Me either but you only mentioned Tennessee when discussing the conference's offenses as a whole.

And, our offense is most certainly not adequate enough to win a game. I reference you to our game on 9/27 against Auburn.
Tell you the truth I really didn't know what you were saying Droski was right about. Was it about Palmer/Sanchez argument or about how we have terrible offenses in the SEC?

He was a better qb than Mark Sanchez.

by what possible measure? total yards? Total Tds? sanchez hasn't started an entire season. if you look at completion %, TDs to INTs, for a career, Sanchez is clearly better. If you want to look at half a season, palmer is better. compare their junior years and sanchez DESTROYS palmer.

It's a great circular argument when you don't play anyone out of conference worth anything. bad sec teams beat "good" sec teams and that is because the SEC is "great top to bottom." SEC teams don't score squat and that is because the SEC has the "best defense." Yet SC loses to OSU and that means that SC is over rated and if SC rolls the rest of hte conference that means the pac-10 stinks. makes sense to me.
I never said anything about USC being overrated. I said USC was extremely talented and well coached and offered nothing but praise to them. I thought it was funny you said USC would smoke FLA. I didn't get where you were coming from. Yea, the PAC 10, as whole, is weaker than the SEC when the SEC has a major down year. SC is a great team. I just told your boys (Cal) to watch out for the ACC, that's all.

I never said anything about USC being overrated. I said USC was extremely talented and well coached and offered nothing but praise to them. I thought it was funny you said USC would smoke FLA. I didn't get where you were coming from. Yea, the PAC 10, as whole, is weaker than the SEC when the SEC has a major down year. SC is a great team. I just told your boys (Cal) to watch out for the ACC, that's all.

The pac-10 is down, the sec is down. The sec is better than the pac-10 certainly. BUT that doesn't mean the pac-10 is devoid of talent or explosive offenses. I've watched a lot of SEC football this year and outside of florida's WRers and a couple of RBs, I see a definite lack of offensive firepower around the league. I don't think there is a single SEC team that would stay within 2 tds of texas or USC.

What makes you say that? I haven't seen anywhere where Riley challenged for the league title in the best conference in america.

Arkansas didn't have 30 consecutive losing seasons before nutt got there. and riley's record against USC is a lot better than nutt's. AND there is a HUGE difference between "challenging" for the league title and WINNING the league title. Oregon state regurally challenges for the pac-10 title. If you have ever been to corvallis you will realize how amazing that really is. and it should be noted rich brooks the supposed "great" coach in the mighty SEC won 40% of his games in the pac-10.

arkansas all time winning % 59%
Oregon State all time winning % 43%

Nutt's winning % at Arky 61%
Riley's winning % at OSU 55%

Arkansas didn't have 30 consecutive losing seasons before nutt got there. and riley's record against USC is a lot better than nutt's. AND there is a HUGE difference between "challenging" for the league title and WINNING the league title. Oregon state regurally :eek:lol:challenges for the pac-10 title. If you have ever been to corvallis you will realize how amazing that really is. and it should be noted rich brooks the supposed "great" coach in the mighty SEC won 40% of his games in the pac-10.

Rich Brooks what a name. Of all the coaches you picked him your hilarious. Forgot how much of a west coast guy you are. That is ridiculous.

Well brooks is the only coach to have coached in both conferences.

oregon state was one conference win away from winning the pac-10 in both 2006 and 2007. arkansas was one conference win away from winning the SEC in 06. What's the difference?

I personally think USC would beat UF...Not saying that because I am a gator hater because I am but I have watched both teams and USC's power goes right at UF's weakness...I would go so far as to say USC would completely clobber UF....I am just not sold on UF...Just my opinion and nobody elses lol

I don't think there is a single SEC team that would stay within 2 tds of texas or USC.
Texas can't beat UF, AL, or UGA. USC could probably beat the 3, but would not like playing AL due to the run hammer and physical D.

USC would beat Texas by 20.

Texas can't beat UF, AL, or UGA. USC could probably beat the 3, but would not like playing AL due to the run hammer and physical D.

USC would beat Texas by 20.

There is not a team in the country that would want to play Alabama.

They are the most physical team in all the land and what conference they play in is irrelevant.

I'm not saying Alabama is the best team in the country but they would literally beat up any team they play.

VN Store

Back