France is Burning

“France has fallen and is now an Islamic Caliphate”

Lol
Yeah, that's a bit extreme. I remember when everything was going on in Peru this year and media talking heads were talking about how protests and riots were "widespread" in Lima while I was sitting in multiple coffee shops across several districts of Lima just chillin'.

I'm sure it's bad. I'm not there, so I'm no expert. But I doubt its as extreme as some make it out to be.

Reactions: AM64 and tvolsfan
So in order for there to be a coup..... planes and helicopters have to be shot down? I thought in your tiny little mind that it only took some broken windows, a Viking hat and someone putting their feet on Nancys desk.

As it turns out the guy in the viking horns was very peaceful

Reactions: AM64
This is a banner week for the MAGA crowd on the board. AA struck down, Christian website designers don't have to help gay customers, a Biden student loan program I daresay maybe 10 percent of you even can describe, gets struck down (but hey you best Biden, doesn't matter what the details are) and now dark skinned people are protesting in France and you get to describe people as 7th century. Must feel good to resurrect the Muslim boogeyman. Been kinda quiet on that front.

website designers don't have to help gay customers,
So you are in favor of compelled speech?

On the Muslim angle - they probably were feeling a measure of cognitive dissonance over cheering them on in the parental rights in schools debate.

Reactions: vols40
Topic of the thread is France is burning ..... video here shows it.

Hard to see everyone in that video but those that I can see, dont look exactly stereotypically Gaulic or Franco Germanic.

I wonder what that says about things? Oh, you KNOW the answer but you just aren't allowed to say it. Le sujet qui fâche!

This is a banner week for the MAGA crowd on the board. AA struck down, Christian website designers don't have to help gay customers, a Biden student loan program I daresay maybe 10 percent of you even can describe, gets struck down (but hey you best Biden, doesn't matter what the details are) and now dark skinned people are protesting in France and you get to describe people as 7th century. Must feel good to resurrect the Muslim boogeyman. Been kinda quiet on that front.

Don’t forget watching Puddin head do a 720 trying to find his way off the stage when he walked out on Nicholle Wallace during an interview that set objective journalism back 20 years. Don’t forget that part!!

So you are in favor of compelled speech?

On the Muslim angle - they probably were feeling a measure of cognitive dissonance over cheering them on in the parental rights in schools debate.

I'm not sure it's "speech." Is it compelled speech to have to serve a black person at a restaurant ?

I'm not sure it's "speech." Is it compelled speech to have to serve a black person at a restaurant ?
The service includes the word “design”. By its very nature design is a creative and expressive process so yeah i think they got it right. Now making a sandwich at a diner isn’t going to make the cut unless the cook decided to fashion the sandwich like a big dildo maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 85SugarVol
The service includes the word “design”. By its very nature design is a creative and expressive process so yeah i think they got it right. Now making a sandwich at a diner isn’t going to make the cut unless the cook decided to fashion the sandwich like a big dildo maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Thats an awfully vague difference. When does the creative effort transform to "speech"?

Look, I'm not defending it. I actually tend to agree with the majority here. I'm just saying the lines are not as clear as one might initially think.

Thats an awfully vague difference. When does the creative effort transform to "speech"?

Look, I'm not defending it. I actually tend to agree with the majority here. I'm just saying the lines are not as clear as one might initially think.
The hell it is. It’s way more clear cut than burning a flag and that’s an absolute protected right. 1A extends beyond speech to include expression. It’s the right ruling. And it’s no different than the court telling the baker they don’t have to bake the wedding cake.

And for not defending it you sure do look an awful lot like or defending it. Or more accurately attacking the ruling.

Last edited:

“It’s been a banner week. Christian website designers don’t have to help gay people.”

“Look, I’m not defending it.”

What?

You don't associate creative expression with free speech?

At what point would the French military step in? Have only kept up with what’s going on on Twitter.

VN Store

Back