Fraudulent Christians

The perception probably stemmed from them looking down their noses at the "sinners" from their high horses.

If you're going to gatekeep morality, you need to practice what you preach or you get mocked as a hypocrite.

'Judge not, lest ye be judged' kind of fits here too.

There is no way to gatekeep morality then as there has only been one perfect human.

Dude, the churches are a strugglin.' If they don't adapt to the culture and climate, they'll be left behind even faster. If they have to make compromises along the way, so be it and If there was any consistency there wouldn't be 30,000+ Christian denominations trying to carve out whatever version of truth the cat drug in that day.

Churches are struggling because they have adapted to or have tried to adapt to the culture and climate. They have become indistinguishable.

Churches are suppose to struggle.... I’m just saying if you believe god says homosexuality is a sin...... that doesn’t change just bc you want to add membership.

The church normalized and accepted many sinful behaviors, including heterosexual promiscuity, that lead up to the point where homosexuality is now the next behavior to normize and accept.

Churches are struggling because they have adapted to or have tried to adapt to the culture and climate. They have become indistinguishable.

I can't believe that this would be accurate. It makes no sense. Who is struggling? The rigid hell-fire and damnation denominations that used to dominate or the new, loose non-denominational churches?

I can't believe that this would be accurate. It makes no sense. Who is struggling? The rigid hell-fire and damnation denominations that used to dominate or the new, loose non-denominational churches?

I dont know that I would label some of those churches. More like a community center gathering for people who want to sing and hear an inspirational but non-judgemental inaccurate speaker, socially distanced and masked of course.

I dont know that I would label some of those churches. More like a community center gathering for people who want to sing and hear an inspirational but non-judgemental inaccurate speaker, socially distanced and masked of course.

So what you're saying is they adapted and we both know they have big congregations compared to the rigid churches that dominated the past.

Last edited:
This isn't a feature of the Bible but is rather more of a weakness. I don't know how this helps your point either.

Careful, that sword cuts both ways.
Nothing to be careful of I am faithful, not religious. I dont think there is a hole you can poke in the Catholic faith that I have not explored already.

My faith doesnt rely on a 100% flawless institution or book.

So what you're saying is they adapted and we both know they have big congregations compared to the rigid churches that dominated the past.

Church attendance continues its long running decline. Adaptation hasnt drawn more people.

Are there people in here arguing for a fundamentalist interpretation of the Bible that condones murdering people who aren't constantly in lockstep with the scriptures?

Church attendance continues its long running decline. Adaptation hasnt drawn more people.
It's probably because of the often evil shat that happens in churches which is often covered up. It's not just the Catholic Church folks. People don't trust churches bc they cover up bad news way too often.

It's not the corruption of the outside world thats the problem. It's the corruption within. And it's a problem in every sect of religion.

Reactions: LouderVol
But that evidence isn't as compelling as old way churches losing the most.

Sure, the doughnut and coffee churches are more popular right now and the message is just as healthy for folks as that doughnut they eat while listening to it.

How did Billy Graham draw such huge crowds all over the world? Would a young Billy Graham be able to draw those crowds today preaching that same message he did back then?

It's probably because of the often evil shat that happens in churches which is often covered up. It's not just the Catholic Church folks. People don't trust churches bc they cover up bad news way too often.

It's not the corruption of the outside world thats the problem. It's the corruption within. And it's a problem in every sect of religion.

Doesnt have much to do with scandals, honestly. Thats just an excuse. People are just as lost and hurting today as they have always been. So, where are they? Has the message of Christ lost its power or is the message not being properly communicated?

Doesnt have much to do with scandals, honestly. Thats just an excuse. People are just as lost and hurting today as they have always been. So, where are they? Has the message of Christ lost its power or is the message not being properly communicated?
Those entrusted have been proven to be frauds. It's the bedrocks that have blown it. Not one offs.

Most people nowadays realize religion is just a con.

Sure, the doughnut and coffee churches are more popular right now and the message is just as healthy for folks as that doughnut they eat while listening to it.

How did Billy Graham draw such huge crowds all over the world? Would a young Billy Graham be able to draw those crowds today preaching that same message he did back then?

You keep bashing them in very Christlike fashion but you're completely missing the point. I'm not talking about the quality of their message. I'm showing you that adapting the message isn't what's killing churches. You got it backwards. The adaptation is a reaction to the diminishing reach of the old views and manner of worship.

VN Store

Back