Fulmer was on the verge of

Creating the best staff in America... When Fooley was fired and Hart was on a coaching search, it was rumored that Fulmer was pushing to get the job back. He had Chevous back as DC and was bringing in a new OC of BOBBY PETRINO! It was apparently all being organized and negotiated at Fulmers HOF banquet. Hart's hands were tied bc of how Fulmer and the big money in Knoxville don't get along. My source is a local vol in West Tn that actually played with Fulmer at UT. Chief did not want anything to do with the HC job and PETRINO would be able to ease his way bak into football without having to take a lesser HC job at a small school (which is why he is where he is now). PETRINO would basically be HC in waiting. ... This would have been amazing. BUT, with that said, I am very please with Butch and company. Go Vols

What's the frequency, Kenneth? :crazy:

Keep calling yourselves Vol Fans, while disrespecting our one of our greatest coach.

Ok, let us go there. I didn't really like the image a guy as obese as Fulmer was projecting for my school. I would like to think a guy making the type of money he did and in as high a profile job would take better care of himself. Especially, when all the while you are asking for "discipline" from your team.

Ok, let us go there. I didn't really like the image a guy as obese as Fulmer was projecting for my school. I would like to think a guy making the type of money he did and in as high a profile job would take better care of himself. Especially, when all the while you are asking for "discipline" from your team.

Again, 152-52, HOF NC. I believe he represented himself well. So, if you see an "imperfection" in an individual, he should be disqualified from certain jobs? If they are "different", there must be wrong with them. Yes, let's go there.

Reactions: 3 people
It has to be called into question how sane a person is if their logic on whether or not a coach is legendary is if he/she is/was overweight. That's the coaches liberty. Please do not tell me you would rather have a normal-sized coach leading a 5-win team, as opposed to a heavy-set coach leading a bowl-eligible team.

It has to be called into question how sane a person is if their logic on whether or not a coach is legendary is if he/she is/was overweight. That's the coaches liberty. Please do not tell me you would rather have a normal-sized coach leading a 5-win team, as opposed to a heavy-set coach leading a bowl-eligible team.
It just takes one more win than 5 to be bowl eligible.

Read his post again.
He said "Please do not tell me that you would rather have a normal size coach leading a 5 win team, instead of a heavy-weight coach leading a bowl eligible team." A team just needs 6 wins to be bowl eligible. That could mean "please do not tell me that you would rather have a normal size coach leading a 5 win team, instead of a heavy-set coach leading a 6 win team." What did I miss?

He said "Please do not tell me that you would rather have a normal size coach leading a 5 win team, instead of a heavy-weight coach leading a bowl eligible team." A team just needs 6 wins to be bowl eligible. That could mean "please do not tell me that you would rather have a normal size coach leading a 5 win team, instead of a heavy-set coach leading a 6 win team." What did I miss?

The point being a 5 win season with a "normal" size person or bowl eligible with an overweight person. Bowl eligible as defined with 6 wins. Your answer that a team needs 6 wins is assumed.

The point being a 5 win season with a "normal" size person or bowl eligible with an overweight person. Bowl eligible as defined with 6 wins. Your answer that a team needs 6 wins is assumed.
Whatever. I ASSumed that not everyone was aware of that.

I don't believe so. I didn't want to be a doctor for one reason. I would have had to marry a doctor's wife.

Just curious about your "1972 Grad" signature. My Uncle was Dean of Med School at that time. Again off topic. Sorry. Back to whatever we were discussing.

Again, 152-52, HOF NC. I believe he represented himself well. So, if you see an "imperfection" in an individual, he should be disqualified from certain jobs? If they are "different", there must be wrong with them. Yes, let's go there.

I only "went there" because someone got offended that I made a joke about his weight...but going away from that Fulmer was actually on the verge of losing more games. His weight is inconsequential to the fact he was getting paid a lot of money and we were losing at the end.

I only "went there" because someone got offended that I made a joke about his weight...but going away from that Fulmer was actually on the verge of losing more games. His weight is inconsequential to the fact he was getting paid a lot of money and we were losing at the end.

You brought it into the conversation, I believe discipline was the issue. You made a joke about his weight. I am not sure what is funny about obesity. On the verge of losing more games? 1 year removed from the SEC championship. His replacements have been on the verge of turning this great program into a disaster.

Reactions: 1 person
You brought it into the conversation, I believe discipline was the issue. You made a joke about his weight. I am not sure what is funny about obesity. On the verge of losing more games? 1 year removed from the SEC championship. His replacements have been on the verge of turning this great program into a disaster.

We were in decline big time. That trip to the SEC championship was a lot like when Miss St played us in that game in the late 90's. Yeah, we made the game because a lot of teams fell off but it was not indicative of where our program was headed. Anyway, we can agree to disagree. Been 5 years now. Onward and upward.

VN Store

Back