Fulmer was on the verge of

Born in 74', done enough research though. What was UT's overall record when they lost 44-0?
What difference does that make? You beat a Tennessee team 44-0, and you have a pretty strong team. Just because you never saw Georgia play back then, when they were in contention for the Nat'l Ch. 4 times during the 1976-82 seasons, doesn't give you the right to trash a coach who has won 6 SEC titles. I believe Bear Bryant is the only coach who won more.

Preseason number 2 in 2005 and wound up 5-7 with a season ending defeat to Vandy where players quit on their team. Epic fail.
gosh. so no other team in the history of cfb has every been ranked high and not had a good season. :crazy:

nice job of trying to use one season to make your pathetic point

You Dooley haters are incredible. All Vince did was win 6 SEC titles, one National Championship, was named Coach of the Year, went to a total of 8 Sugar and Cotton Bowls( 2 of the big 3 bowls Georgia was eligible for in his era), along with numerous other bowls, and went undefeated in the SEC for 3 straight years.

Vince Dooley took his Georgia team to 20 bowl games in 25 years, and he road his "weak schedule" to five years having his team ranked in the top 5 of the country at the end of the year.

Yet we fire Fulmer for taking us to 14 bowls in 16 years

A tale of two... maybe 3 careers.

1992-2001.... 95-20 (83%)

2002-2008.... 57-32 (64%)

Worse yet... the period that led to the long walk through the desert UT has experienced... 2005-2008... 29-21 (58%). He was getting worse and rather than realizing that he needed to change, he mocked his critics. During the heat of the 2008 debacle, he famously told someone who asked him a tough question that "We have won alot of games around here doing what we are doing so we aren't going to change now".

His recruiting had become ineffective as well.

His recruiting was back on the way up. And for people saying he left the roster in bad shape, that argument is not totally his fault. Fulmer's recruiting dipped mid 00's and it was on its way back up. Also, Fulmer never had back to back seasons of 8 or less wins. Every season with 8 or less wins, he responded by winning 9 or more the next season.

Reactions: 1 person
I am holding back a bunch in an honest effort not to get banned, but if that's what you care about we don't need you. Were you laughing when his team quit against Kensuckey or Candy? I reject your stance and hope this thread is dispatched like a rabid raccoon. Moronic, seriously moronic. I say this before even looking at what others have posted in response. Jmo. Gth, and go away and never post ridiculous crap like this ever again. I hate that man more than anyone ever associated with the UT football program. Ban away mods I mean what I say here and I do not hide behind a fake facade.

Two words: Anger Management

Born in 74', done enough research though. What was UT's overall record when they lost 44-0?

How is it you claim to have done all this research then finish by asking what our record was. Guess some simple facts may have eluded you in your research. Relax man, breath in, exhale, repeat.

Last edited:
His recruiting was back on the way up. And for people saying he left the roster in bad shape, that argument is not totally his fault. Fulmer's recruiting dipped mid 00's and it was on its way back up. Also, Fulmer never had back to back seasons of 8 or less wins. Every season with 8 or less wins, he responded by winning 9 or more the next season.

No. His recruiting was not on the way back up or I guess more accurately you could say he signed highly rated guys that busted before contributing. The actual performance of the 07 class was a legendary bust with just a few exceptions. The 08 class was the worst of his tenure rankings wise and didn't perform on the field any better than the ranking. He and Kiffin combined to sign a class that was a near complete bust. When you get a chance, go back and take a good, long look at the 06 thru 09 classes. Count the number of 4/5* contributors vs busts.... then calculate the %.

Yes. It was pretty much totally his fault that the roster was wrecked for the 3 years prior to last year. Worst of all, he was struggling to sign OL's and DT's in a big way. The OL and DL have required complete rebuilding.

How is it you claim to have done all this research then finish by asking what our record was. Guess some simple facts may have eluded you in your research. Relax man, breath in, exhale, repeat.
I didn't know what our record was then, or even the year. All that I knew was that it was a long car ride back from Athens after a 44-0 beatdown from a team that apparently wasn't any good, and scheduled patsies to build up their record. I'm pretty sure that Georgia won the Natl Ch the year before.

If I'm not mistaken , the year before we had them beat 15-0 in the first half, and they unleashed Herschel Walker on us in the 2nd half, and made up the deficit to beat us 16-15. Unfortunately, I was at Neyland for that one too.

I didn't know what our record was then, or even the year. All that I knew was that it was a long car ride back from Athens after a 44-0 beatdown from a team that apparently wasn't any good, and scheduled patsies to build up their record. I'm pretty sure that Georgia won the Natl Ch the year before.

If I'm not mistaken , the year before we had them beat 15-0 in the first half, and they unleashed Herschel Walker on us in the 2nd half, and made up the deficit to beat us 16-15. Unfortunately, I was at Neyland for that one too.

Sorry. Keep in mind a bad day at Neyland beats a good day at another stadium

No. His recruiting was not on the way back up or I guess more accurately you could say he signed highly rated guys that busted before contributing. The actual performance of the 07 class was a legendary bust with just a few exceptions. The 08 class was the worst of his tenure rankings wise and didn't perform on the field any better than the ranking. He and Kiffin combined to sign a class that was a near complete bust. When you get a chance, go back and take a good, long look at the 06 thru 09 classes. Count the number of 4/5* contributors vs busts.... then calculate the %.

Yes. It was pretty much totally his fault that the roster was wrecked for the 3 years prior to last year. Worst of all, he was struggling to sign OL's and DT's in a big way. The OL and DL have required complete rebuilding.

"You are what your record says you are" . Bill Parcells.

Now, cut and paste that!!!!

"You are what your record says you are" . Bill Parcells.

Now, cut and paste that!!!!

I showed you what he had become... you just don't want to see it. He had two losing seasons in his last 4. His winning % had fallen off significantly. He had proven he could not discipline a team and could not win at an elite % without Cut.

I am not btw giving all the credit to Cut. He, PF, and Chavis just made a very good combo when together. Three guys whose talents matched in a way that made them better than they were as individuals. You need that.

I showed you what he had become... you just don't want to see it. He had two losing seasons in his last 4. His winning % had fallen off significantly. He had proven he could not discipline a team and could not win at an elite % without Cut.

I am not btw giving all the credit to Cut. He, PF, and Chavis just made a very good combo when together. Three guys whose talents matched in a way that made them better than they were as individuals. You need that.

I showed you his accomplishments which you do not want to see. By the way:

He surrounded himself with good assistants. What great coach does not do this.

He was offered an extension. Not his fault. Do you expect him to turn down the money?

This reminds me of the Ainge injury on the last play against N.D. It was a stupid play and CPF's fault, because it did not work. The anti CPF crew will attack anything that moves.

His last recruiting class was going to be good before he was fired. It's hard to remain credible by pointing out all the busts without mentioning the OL he was in on and the current heisman candidate who was committed.

I think we can all agree there was no sense in firing a good coach if we didn't have a better one in mind.

tumblr_mprrm5Blgf1ruvmveo1_500.jpg

VN Store

Back