'24 GA LB Sammy Brown (Clemson commit)

Clemson isn't the threat they once were. They will pick up random elite players, because of what they sell, but they won't put together a championship-caliber roster again under Dabo imo
There is no question that they have benefited a lot from us being down. Sammy Brown is exactly the kind of player that I thought we would start beating them out for now that Heupel has us on the right track... so this is a little discouraging, but like you, I'm not worried long term.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Late night NIL money from Clemson sealed it
Just being completely honest and I know there are a lot of Dabo haters here... and particularly don't like that he is open about his faith... but if I were him choosing between Smart and Dabo there's no question who I would choose. I am a Christian so that would influence my decision though that would have helped UT with me as well. I'm not sure how seriously I would have considered Smart. I think he's an arrogant punk.

He says in this article that it was “Gods will” that he choose Clemson.
Reverend Dabo wins again.
No. 1 2024 inside linebacker commits to Clemson
That post shows a pretty poor understanding of what the kid said and Christianity generally.

Heath Shuler prayed and believed it was God's will to sign with UT. Hooker talked about praying and seeking God's will in his decisions.

That a kid who is committed to his faith is very comfortable with a coach who is committed to his faith... is offensive to you why? This wasn't UT's recruit to lose. UT was a long shot. They made a great impression. He chose what felt right to him after seeking "God's will".

Congrats to Sammy. But I must say…

I HATE Clemson. HATE, HATE, HATE. More than anyone outside of the SEC and probably more than a few programs in it. Beating them like a drum was just so awesome last year. Hopefully we get a chance to run it back. But yes, still better than UGA.
More than Ohio St? If so, you really do dislike them.

He says in this article that it was “Gods will” that he choose Clemson.
Reverend Dabo wins again.
No. 1 2024 inside linebacker commits to Clemson
I am not a big fan of using “religion “ to promote or as a tool to win in the secular world. I was stiffed several times by customers who had Scripture verses on their insufficient checks. Never made an effort to make them good either.

Homeiswhereyoumakeit
a665c4c1-da25-4b07-bc9e-3804390b5f55_text.gif

There is no question that they have benefited a lot from us being down. Sammy Brown is exactly the kind of player that I thought we would start beating them out for now that Heupel has us on the right track... so this is a little discouraging, but like you, I'm not worried long term.
This is a location thing. Clemson is in his backyard.

Kid is going to be a stud...

For Clemson. 🙄.

We just kicked their teeth in 6 months ago haha

Wish Sammy would’ve committed to be a Vol but as soon as I saw his momma posting pics with Dabo last weekend I knew this one was unfortunately over
I know this isn’t very nice, but ever since Dabo started raiding our state for players in recruiting, I’ve hoped some negative publicity would come out about him or Clemson.
As far as the religious angle is concerned, it does seem that Dabo plays up the “Christian culture” that he publically claims to preside over more than most coaches do. Mark Richt did this somewhat at UGA but not as much when he got to Miami.

VN Store

Back