'24 GA LB Sammy Brown (Clemson commit)

I know this isn’t very nice, but ever since Dabo started raiding our state for players in recruiting, I’ve hoped some negative publicity would come out about him or Clemson.
As far as the religious angle is concerned, it does seem that Dabo plays up the “Christian culture” that he publically claims to preside over more than most coaches do. Mark Richt did this somewhat at UGA but not as much when he got to Miami.

It was generally discussed among a lot of fans that Dabo was negative recruiting UT years ago. Remember that he flipped both Hunter Johnson and Tee Higgins. Of course Butch's used car salesman shtick started to crumble as well.

Dabo's career really got jump started when he got the QB Fulmer had committed that Kiffin said wasn't welcome here.

The reason religion gets brought up with Dabo is because he is so two faced about it. Very much a Joel Osteen. He was going on and on about retiring if kids got NIL money, but has no problem taking in 10 mil a year. And he also needs to let us know when that NIL based retirement is coming. The other typical issue is his no visits policy if you commit to Clemson. That would be fine, but he still recruits kids committed to other schools to come visit Clemson.

It's a whole lot of "Its for me, and not for thee" with pastor Dabo.

The reason religion gets brought up with Dabo is because he is so two faced about it. Very much a Joel Osteen. He was going on and on about retiring if kids got NIL money, but has no problem taking in 10 mil a year. And he also needs to let us know when that NIL based retirement is coming. The other typical issue is his no visits policy if you commit to Clemson. That would be fine, but he still recruits kids committed to other schools to come visit Clemson.

Totally agree. I have no issue with the 'religious' angle but be consistent in how you handle yourself and carry yourself with the same standards you place on others. When you clearly use it for self-gain as Dabo does then it looks bad and reflects badly on faith.

Who else would know how effective it's been than the guy who has flipped others recruits? No wonder he's self conscious.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It was generally discussed among a lot of fans that Dabo was negative recruiting UT years ago. Remember that he flipped both Hunter Johnson and Tee Higgins. Of course Butch's used car salesman shtick started to crumble as well.

Dabo's career really got jump started when he got the QB Fulmer had committed that Kiffin said wasn't welcome here.
Tahj Boyd

Hard to like a hypocrite, if no visits after commit then don't recruit players who have commited like dabo did with T Higgins
If I had been blessed with college football talent i would consider official visits as vacations,a reward for my hard work in high school.

Brown lives close to Clemson's back yard so this was not surprising.

A girl I went to high school with is now a professor at Clemson but lives in Jefferson, GA. In the back of my mind I thought we might be #3 on his list because of proximity to UGA and Clemson. I’m just glad the kid didn’t pick UGA.

Last edited:
This is why recruiting rankings aren't everything. Clemson has 5* players all over the field. They went out and got an OC that was supposed to give them an offense similar to ours. They just got manhandled by a team full of developed and experienced 3* players with a coach that has built it around culture.

This is why recruiting rankings aren't everything. Clemson has 5* players all over the field. They went out and got an OC that was supposed to give them an offense similar to ours. They just got manhandled by a team full of developed and experienced 3* players with a coach that has built it around culture.

To be fair, Duke won 9 games last year and return 17 starters including Riley Leonard who quietly had 33 TDs and 3500 total yards last year. Anyone who thought Duke would be an easy win for Clemson simply wasn't paying attention.

A lot of people had Duke as a dark horse to win the ACC this year by the way.

To be fair, Duke won 9 games last year and return 17 starters including Riley Leonard who quietly had 33 TDs and 3500 total yards last year. Anyone who thought Duke would be an easy win for Clemson simply wasn't paying attention.

A lot of people had Duke as a dark horse to win the ACC this year by the way.
For the recruitniks, 58-2 is the spread of 4&5 stars between Clemson & Duke

Hey Sammy, that college decision... YOU SURE ABOUT THAT, GUY?!?
your-not.gif

This 1000%

VN Store

Back