'25 GA OT Josh Petty (Georgia Tech commit)

Tennessee will host six official visitors next weekend with offensive lineman Josh Petty being the headliner. Florida State is the perceived front runner as of right now, but I firmly believe a strong visit next weekend could change that Petty would really like to play with David Sanders as those two know each other pretty well.
-AP

Unless he grows a couple inches taller, he won't be a T at the NFL level, should he get drafted.
247 has him at 6'5"
On3 has him at 6'4"
Rivals has him at 6'5"

Sanders is listed at 6'6" on 247 and Rivals, but only 6'5.5" on On3

there was 1 OT picked in the first round listed at 6'4".

unless he has short arms I don't think his height is keeping him from being an OT.

247 has him at 6'5"
On3 has him at 6'4"
Rivals has him at 6'5"

unless he has short arms I don't think his height is keeping him from being an OT.

Meh, from his highlights, he seems really heavy footed for an SEC Tackle.

He would probably make a great guard though.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Meh, from his highlights, he seems really heavy footed for an SEC Tackle.

He would probably make a great guard though.
Gotta disagree with you on that one...I'm not saying he wouldn't be a great guard,just he isn't some giant statue is all...
Petty is also a standout athlete in track and field and wrestling. He was the Georgia 2A 285-pound wrestling state champion as a sophomore in March 2023, finishing the season with a 29-3 record. He has provided heavy two-way snaps, recording 58 tackles, nine TFLs, five sacks, one INT and one fumble recovery as a junior.

247 has him at 6'5"
On3 has him at 6'4"
Rivals has him at 6'5"

He does have short arms. I mean, for big time college football tackles he has short arms.

Have never seen that rumor. Also, are there arm measurements out there?
33.5 inch arms prior to junior season

Average arm length for a NFL tackle is 34 inches, anything shorter than 33 is usually a guard.

As for the injury I’m assuming it was this. “I don’t know what it was called. But I have an avulsion fracture on my iliac spine. So just a little piece of my hip bone fell off.”

Last edited:
33.5 inch arms prior to junior season

Average arm length for a NFL tackle is 34 inches, anything shorter than 33 is usually a guard.

As for the injury I’m assuming it was this. “I don’t know what it was called. But I have an avulsion fracture on my iliac spine. So just a little piece of my hip bone fell off.”
Your correct most guys with 34in or shorter end up playing guard but it's not an exact science..You have guys like
Taylor Lewan (33.9)Mitchell Swartz and Joe Staley (33.5)Joe Thomas only had (33.8)Ryan Ramzcyk (33.8)..Donald Penn who wasn't great had (33.0)..

All made pro bowls consistently but these guys were all technically sound with there games but it goes to show you it can be done if he's got the technical skills to go along with it...I mean couple those dudes were some of the best to ever do it.

Your correct most guys with 34in or shorter end up playing guard but it's not an exact science..You have guys like
Taylor Lewan (33.9)Mitchell Swartz and Joe Staley (33.5)Joe Thomas only had (33.8)Ryan Ramzcyk (33.8)..Donald Penn who wasn't great had (33.0)..

All made pro bowls consistently but these guys were all technically sound with there games but it goes to show you it can be done if he's got the technical skills to go along with it...I mean couple those dudes were some of the best to ever do it.
Absolutely!

I hope we land the kid.

Reactions: Volunteer821

I think he has the feet to become a technician. We'll see what the Vols can make of him.

VN Store

Back