'25 GA OT Josh Petty (Georgia Tech commit)

The general feeling based on people I’ve spoke to is that Tennessee crushed it with Josh Petty, and have a legitimate shot there now. Florida State will get the last official visit at the end of the month and so Tennessee will have to survive that one, but it certainly feels like, the Vols did a nice job with the entire family and made up some ground there.
-AP

The general feeling based on people I’ve spoke to is that Tennessee crushed it with Josh Petty, and have a legitimate shot there now. Florida State will get the last official visit at the end of the month and so Tennessee will have to survive that one, but it certainly feels like, the Vols did a nice job with the entire family and made up some ground there.
-AP

Please, sweet baby Jesus!

-AP
Huge

I really hate to play the downer role here but this is a post visit high and FSU gets the last visit. I’m not saying we’re not in the thick just prepare your cup if you get your hopes up.

Petty would be a huge pickup but I think sanders is the only guy that we really need to land.

I really hate to play the downer role here but this is a post visit high and FSU gets the last visit. I’m not saying we’re not in the thick just prepare your cup if you get your hopes up.

Petty would be a huge pickup but I think sanders is the only guy that we really need to land.
we need interior guys. Petty is a IOL, maybe a RT in a pinch

Historically, that has been AP code for "we got him", but lately it feels more like AP code for "I think we've got him, but I'm not entirely sure".

So is this confident AP, or hopeful AP?

FSU has been heavily involved and they get the last visit so even if AP feels good about it currently, that could certainly change.

FSU has been heavily involved and they get the last visit so even if AP feels good about it currently, that could certainly change.
Yeah, that's kind of how I interpreted it, too. Just surprising that he'd use that specific language to describe Tennessee's position only to follow it up by saying essentially, "who knows".

Here is how I reacted reading it...
8cDNqLdeQw2AtGo1eIXQ_Confused Billy Joe.gif
😆

Reactions: MarcoVol
Rodney Hudson is the last FSU OL to have much NFL success, and he was drafted in 2011.

Petty knows this.

Also, when you have current NFL guys like Trey and Darnell shooting the odd text at kids like Petty and Sanders, it means more than you’d think.

There’s every football reason for him to be a Vol. Just depends on what is important to him. Not gonna fault him for wanting to be close to family.

Yeah, that's kind of how I interpreted it, too. Just surprising that he'd use that specific language to describe Tennessee's position only to follow it up by saying essentially, "who knows".

Here is how I reacted reading it...
View attachment 647787
😆
AP was burned multiple times last year by kids that had filmed commitment videos and everything. It has made him optimistically cautious this go round.

AP was burned multiple times last year by kids that had filmed commitment videos and everything. It has made him optimistically cautious this go round.
Yea. I'm hoping that we spend big money on both Petty and Sanders. Other than QB, tackles and Edge rushers should be the next most important as far as NIL goes.

Reactions: LaagerVol
This pretty much is how I feel. I will say the kid is a Tennessee fan supposedly and Tennessee did a lot to make him feel at home. That said I doubt very seriously FSU has a bad last visit for him. Need to keep the pressure on him.

VN Store

Back