'25 GA OT Juan Gaston (uga commit)

He’s been locked in a UGA for a while. If there were one other guy to pair with Sanders this is the guy I would choose.

If Warren and Anderson pan out from the ‘24 class, we don’t need to reach for another OT.

I think we are young and inexperienced on the line (depth wise) but we have a lot of talent

If Warren and Anderson pan out from the ‘24 class, we don’t need to reach for another OT.

I think we are young and inexperienced on the line (depth wise) but we have a lot of talent
Yeah a lot of young guys got thrown into the fire in the spring with spraggins hurt and coop on load management and I think the coaches liked how they progressed in the spring… also said Warren came in in really good shape and with the 6”8 DL that will probably play OL n the catholic kid likely switching to OL I think the coaches really like what we have in that room for the long term…

Reactions: LaagerVol

Max Anderson is projected at OG. If anyone in that class were to flex out to OT, it’d be more likely Ginther.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
At one point, Gaston indicated that the Vols might host him on an official visit during the season. He said he adjusted his schedule to fit in a trip to Tennessee this month because it was important to Vols coach Josh Heupel's staff.

"They kind of pushed for one, so I said, 'OK,'" he said.
But he said Tennessee remains high on his list because he has "just a good relationship with" offensive line coach Glen Elarbee and other members of the Vols' staff, including senior offensive analyst Max Thurmond and offensive graduate assistant Kevin Pendleton, along with "the players on the team."
Elarbee has developed a strong connection with Gaston throughout his recruitment. His visits to Tennessee and regular conversations with Elarbee have shown him that they have similar personalities.

"He's kind of like me — chill, relaxed," said Gaston, who received an early scholarship offer from the Vols more than two years ago, in May 2022.
callahan

The more we talk to folks, the more it remains true that Tennessee is the biggest threat to pull Juan Gaston out of the state of Georgia. He did not commit to the Bulldogs earlier in the month while on a visit, and he has remained coy since and has dodged a couple of different Georgia reporters looking for updates. He and his family have certainly built strong relationships in Knoxville, and Tennessee will look to capitalize on that this weekend.
-VQ

If we get Sanders and Gaston I’ll never question Ellarbee’s crootin again.

When you look at what you want in a pro LT and RT, Sanders and Gaston fit that to a tee, respectively, in both skill set and physical profile.

Gaston struck me as pretty strong candidate for the UGA revolving door of NFL right tackles, so to pull him from their backyard would be the type of win we need to close the gap.

if we pull this kid from Georgia, I need someone to provide bail money for me bc I’m going streaking in my neighborhood.
I said this on Twitter once about us beating Bama, except I said id do it on Broadway. Well by god, if the hendon Hooker led vols didn’t beat them.

Needless to say I’m a coward on this topic

If we get Sanders and Gaston I’ll never question Ellarbee’s crootin again.

When you look at what you want in a pro LT and RT, Sanders and Gaston fit that to a tee, respectively, in both skill set and physical profile.

Gaston struck me as pretty strong candidate for the UGA revolving door of NFL right tackles, so to pull him from their backyard would be the type of win we need to close the gap.
Until next year… lol

VN Store

Back