'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

Per RC:

"Jackson is a guy Tennessee has been recruiting hard for the past couple months. I’ve mentioned it a couple times recently that the Vols have been all over him. I think he might prove to be an under-the-radar steal. They’re definitely happy to have him. Great combination of size and speed. "

Idk. We’ll see. I don’t question this staff, but it’s really early. I mean hell, we took Cox’s commitment this time last year and then stopped recruiting him.

My concerns are the lack of offers, the underwhelming highlights, and the reports of grade concerns.

If it played out like it did - where the kid basically told CJP he wanted to commit in the middle of a scrimmage and we accepted - it might be because this kid could be special. It could also be because the staff, while seasoned recruiters, are still learning how to handle recruitment for a rebuilding program. Meaning - we “offended” a number of kids last year who wanted in and we wanted them to wait, or camp. You can pull that move when you’re Alabama or Clemson. Coming off a 4-8 or 5-7 season, maybe not.

Also it could be just the staff wanting to build momentum.

Bottom line is - I don’t know one way or the other what to think of this commitment. You look at Harrison or Jordan Young’s hudl, and despite the meh ranking, you came away impressed.

I’m a homer so I hope he’s a diamond in the rough. And I do trust this staff. We’ll see what happens here.

Harrison ended the season the as the #173 ranked player in the country and 20th player in GA.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Good size and elite speed. Impressed he gets north and south instead of just trying to run around people. I think its important to note that his high lights are note of game film instead of season high lights

Reactions: chargervol
Wouldn't waste a lot of time on the back and forth with the negative folks. Half of them just show up for any 3star so they can dump on him, the rest are just looking at it wrong *imo.

Pruitt (and now Chaney) have come to appreciate the lighter but explosive play of backs like Chandler. But Pruitt is always gonna want that bruiser for 3rd and short or goal line situations. 205 at his age, that frame and while staying in condition for track? Kid is perfect to throw on plenty of good weight and run straight up the middle when needed.
And that's only if he loses speed with the weight. If he doesn't, everything else that opens up is just gravy.

Has great speed and good size. If he does not have enough wiggle will make a linebacker out of him who can cover the whole field. Eric Westmoreland or Eddy Moore. If he does have enough wiggle, he is a fast north and south runner like Shawn Bryson. Either way speed is speed and size is size. We need more speed on this team!!!!!

Has great speed and good size. If he does not have enough wiggle will make a linebacker out of him who can cover the whole field. Eric Westmoreland or Eddy Moore. If he does have enough wiggle, he is a fast north and south runner like Shawn Bryson. Either way speed is speed and size is size. We need more speed on this team!!!!!

I remember when Latrell Wiliams committed. Everyone raved over his speed.

He played in 1 game.

It doesn't guarantee playing time

Nice pick up! Very explosive player.

He has a few long TDs in those highlights. And his teammates do a crappy job of down field blocking which is why you don't see more.
Well, AP played 1 on 11....he out ran everyone and ran everyone over. ~I_Bleed_Orange77

Last edited:

VN Store

Back