'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

I read that he announced his decision while the team was out at practice......meaning CJP learned about it post facto. So, it's possible that Jackson pulled the trigger on Twitter without the nod from the key staff. It would be interesting to know that little factoid. Jackson may be an okay player, but his commitment now could hurt us with other, more highly regarded, prospects.
I should have included this in my article. He actually told Pruitt during practice. One of the assistants pulled him to the side. He then announced via Twitter.

If this kid remained 3* but was offered by UGA & Bama people in here complaining would instead be posting “booms” & raving about this kid. Star ratings aren’t the end all be all. In last years 1st round of the NFL draft just as many 3* & below were drafted as 4 & 5*. This kid has great potential, hell he could end up being a 4* by the end of his senior season

"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid."
- Albert Einstein

This feels like the typical VN case of judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree. Sure, this dude doesn't seem to move from side to side much or have great elusiveness but that's not what Pruitt is recruiting him for anyway. He's a big bruiser RB who just happens to have breakaway speed. Sort of rare that a guy who can drag defenders around on his back can also run a 10.5 100m.

If this kid remained 3* but was offered by UGA & Bama people in here complaining would instead be posting “booms” & raving about this kid. Star ratings aren’t the end all be all. In last years 1st round of the NFL draft just as many 3* & below were drafted as 4 & 5*. This kid has great potential, hell he could end up being a 4* by the end of his senior season
They may not have offered for reasons other than talent. Who knows?

hope the kid is a player. i think some of us thought we were in on some more highly rated players.

oh well.

I don't care about the rating. Bring me the players that want to ball.

You have to care somewhat about the rankings/ratings. Georgia, Florida. Bama are signing 4 and 5 stars. Don't we need to come close to that if we are going to compete with them on a consistent basis?

Getting players that want to ball isn't enough. Recruits at ETSU want to ball

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I know it’s already been said, but you “Can’t Teach Speed” and it’s also true that you can’t fix stupid!

Reactions: JacketVol
For anybody complaining about him being lower rated, remember Butch recruited stars and didnt evaluate a whole lot in some cases.

So his rankings looked good on paper, but we can see where that got us.

I personally like what I see. He isn't a dancer... and that's a good thing. He sees and he cuts up field. He appears to set blocks up well. The "quickness" that usually makes a good power back is decisively planting a foot and getting north and south.

This is a really good pick up that some folks complaining now... will probably be worried about hanging on to late in the process.

I can tell you why Pruitt probably wanted this kid so badly. He’s elite in his measurables, and he’s a no nonsense type of kid. He’s not a camp guy, a social media guy, just a football player. He’s not out to get attention, just puts in work, and loves playing football. These are the types of guys you can build a program with. This is the definition of a Pruitt type of player. Roman Harrison is another one that’s similar in mindset.

Lol you guys arguing over a kid that still has A YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL LEFT TO PLAY. Lets "celebrate" the commitment and see what happens. He could shoot up the rankings or he could flunk out or he could wind up at Georgia State. Its sooooo dang early in the cycle. Tap all the brakes.

hope the kid is a player. i think some of us thought we were in on some more highly rated players.

oh well.

I'm also liking hearing how he is private and doesn't use a cell phone. Makes me think he is not going to be a diva, will be focused and that he can focus on getting grades up.

The kid sounds like a sports junkie. Oh, and he is friends with Harrison and Keyton. No wonder our staff is on him early.

Look at this players track time.

903516B4-D1FB-4751-8DB8-E0FA7BA1C7E5.jpeg

This was his rankings in high school till the Shrine Bowl in which he had a great week and then got a huge bump in the rankings. Not saying Jackson is going to be this good but you never know.This is a 1-17-2012 article.

01592FC0-E342-4049-9C0D-CAE3E1DC4586.jpeg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back