'20 GA RB/CB Ebony Jackson

This feels like the typical VN case of judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree. Sure, this dude doesn't seem to move from side to side much or have great elusiveness but that's not what Pruitt is recruiting him for anyway. He's a big bruiser RB who just happens to have breakaway speed. Sort of rare that a guy who can drag defenders around on his back can also run a 10.5 100m.
I would say we probably don’t even know that. He might move side to side fine. He may have been taught to just hit the hole and turn on the speed.

I think it’s fairly obvious the staff really wanted him. We put Neids on him early in the cycle and took an early commitment when we have a lot of other RBs still on the board.

Wonder if this kid plans to do the camp circuit or the 7 vs 7s this summer?

Definitely should shine there with his speed and get the bump in the rankings.

We are not done recruiting RB's so why are people freaking out? What is wrong with having a 215lb home run threat as a option in your backfield? Going foward after Ty leaves the backfield will be Eric Gray's and Jeremy Banks until they both leave years down the road. We will bring in a higher ranking ball carrier along with Jackson or David Johnson will likely ve replaced. It's way to many top 100 ranked RB's this cycle for us to miss on all of them.

Last edited:
We are not done recruiting RB's so why are people freaking out? What is wrong with having a 215lb home rub threat as a option in your backfield? Going foward after Ty leaves the backfield will be Eric Gray's and Jeremy Banks until they both leave years down the road. We will bring in a higher ranking ball carrier along with Jackson or David Johnson will likely ve replaced. It's way to many top 100 ranked RB's this cycle for us to miss on all of them.
Because of your last sentence but ranking doesn't matter to me so much as what I can see on film. To me this kid is an average runner with good measurables. More of a linebacker to me but we will see.

Because of your last sentence but ranking doesn't matter to me so much as what I can see on film. To me this kid is an average runner with good measurables. More of a linebacker to me but we will see.
Oh he definetly shouldn't be viewed as the bell cow of this class, just a potential playmaker down the road with homerun speed. But when it is six 5 star ball carriers, and 13 in the top 150 you better be able to get one to Knoxville. If not then you see that David Johnson's recruiting struggles cant be hid, he struggled to close last cycle with WR's.

Oh he definetly shouldn't be viewed as the bell cow of this class, just a potential playmaker down the road with homerun speed. But when it is six 5 star ball carriers, and 13 in the top 150 you better be able to get one to Knoxville. If not then you see that David Johnson's recruiting struggles cant be hid, he struggled to close last cycle with WR's.

So these 13 higher rated running backs are guaranteed to be better than Jackson?
You know this right?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
What does this even suppose to mean
Answer the question!!

Getting tired of people like you on here, talking about "higher rated" players on the board. Then when someone (me) asks you
to explain why they are better. You have ZERO ability to give analysis as to why!! Just shut up!

You know not one damn thing about evaluating a player, yet you're skeptical of a 6'1 205 lb RB that runs a 4.3...

To everyone else that is skeptical of this kid. Show me a highlight tape of any Atlanta area RB that is filled with long TDs runs.
Please! Because you'd be hard-pressed to find it! Why?
Because that is some of the best high school football in America, and there other very talented players on the field every week!

If this kid played in TN, he'd probably have 3,000 yards rushing a season and be the number 1 ranked player.

Where are all the posters coming “unhinged?” Outside of obvious troll Tad, of course.

JFC people were allowed to trust the staff but still not rave over ever kid that commits. Not everyone is a sleeper diamond in the rough under rated super star.

You win the 100 and 200 meters as a sophomore in Georgia AND already over six feet and 200 pounds then you are an athlete who has great potential. The services re rank and rank again and again from now till signing day. This kid is a four star easy without grade issues. They take his commitment but if grades don’t measure up, they move on. It’s not blindly following a coaching staff. It is having a freaking clue about how things really work. If kid gets into school, he will do great things. Young was fast and small. This kid is not Young.

UT still is on higher rated players. This kid is underrated. Relax. That's to you and a bunch of other people in this thread.

dude. ive been a fan since my first game in 84. my expectations are middle of the road. but when i hear all the cruitniks saying we have mega recruiters, etc.

im the pump the brakes guy, but its hard not to get excited about that. we got the lynch pin qb, now we need the pieces to fall.

pretty bad if a pro style running offense cant get the type hb they want.

Last edited:
you tell me. ive just heard people on here say were on on higher rated players, at multiple positions.

we have two recruiters of the year, three if you count cornbread.

I think you hit your head somewhere between 84 and 2019. Like I showed on the last page I bet you would of been underwhelmed if Gurly would of committed his Jr year when he was rated a 3 star.

I find it funny as hell, these people that truly think they know more/better than Jeremy Pruitt, a 5 time national champion and recruiter of the year.

Yeah, guy...I'm laughing my a** off AT you.

I agree but let's remember there are plenty of guys on the team that probably won't see the field.

After watching his film again it is very solid but it doesn't jump out at me because it supposed to be a highlight reel. That said one would expect to see at least 1 or 2 long TD runs from a big, strong blazing RB that leaves you with a wow. There are a lot of very good runs though. My point is it is a little surprising to take an early commitment but I do think the staff takes 2 backs this year.

Lol you guys arguing over a kid that still has A YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL LEFT TO PLAY. Lets "celebrate" the commitment and see what happens. He could shoot up the rankings or he could flunk out or he could wind up at Georgia State. Its sooooo dang early in the cycle. Tap all the brakes.

Yeah guys stop talking about a new commitment in the recruiting forum.

Look at this players track time.

View attachment 200867

This was his rankings in high school till the Shrine Bowl in which he had a great week and then got a huge bump in the rankings. Not saying Jackson is going to be this good but you never know.This is a 1-17-2012 article.

View attachment 200869

My favorite part of this is how much Yeldon and Gurley are not alike at all. Good work, Farrell.

Last edited:
Ok tough guy looks like you got him pegged already what does the 'cruitin savant think if his future?

I’m not a recruiting savant and never claimed to be. That’s why I like that there’s people on here who I respect that discuss the kid.

Why you’re up in arms over people commenting on a current cycle kid who just committed to us is comical to me.

VN Store

Back