Game Thread: #20 Lady Vols v #18 Fighting Irish, Home, Wed 5PM, ESPN2

I don’t think this is at all true. She’s got a ton of potential. I think she needs better coaching.

All this has nothing to do with a player.
The in-game management from the sideline is detrimental.
If a player gets 2 fouls in the 1st half they are automatically subbed out the game until the 3rd qtr.
If a player gets 3 fouls in the 2nd half they are automatically subbed out the game until the 4th qtr.
Jewel Spear had no business coming out the game in the 3rd qtr and sitting that long.
Then she took her out again after starting the 4th qtr during the 4th qtr.
It’s just mind boggling.
The predetermined substitutions kept this game in a position where Notre Dame could come back and win.
The final play that was ran is an exact reflection of the thinking process and philosophy of this coaching staff.
They are severely out of touch with reality and that starts at the top.

i’m gonna say something. i’m gonna voice my opinion on what was said. it’s 2023, women are more than their looks. his comment on her looks overtaking her coaching is not cool. if u disagree, do better.

Get a Grip! She can look like A Greek Goddess (and She definitely tries) but if she cant coach----------I'm saying She should be as concerned with Her Coaching as with Her appearance. If Possible.

Reactions: 7Iron
I don’t intend to argue with KJH supporter. They are entitled to their opinion. I wouldn’t ask them however to put aside whatever reason they still support her (I imagine it’s nostalgic and the connection to Pat for many), and just look at the coaching. Why is it that prior players who transferred away from the program are now scoring significantly more at their new schools, and players who transferred in (who previously were prolific scorers at their ole schools) now can’t hit anything. There’s only one common denominator there - the coaching.

i’m gonna say something. i’m gonna voice my opinion on what was said. it’s 2023, women are more than their looks. his comment on her looks overtaking her coaching is not cool. if u disagree, do better.

I agree women are more than their looks but to play devil's advocate, she doesn't get this job originally without them as it certainly wasn't the resume...

The looks discussion has to go both ways.

All this has nothing to do with a player.
The in-game management from the sideline is detrimental.
If a player gets 2 fouls in the 1st half they are automatically subbed out the game until the 3rd qtr.
If a player gets 3 fouls in the 2nd half they are automatically subbed out the game until the 4th qtr.
Jewel Spear had no business coming out the game in the 3rd qtr and sitting that long.
Then she took her out again after starting the 4th qtr during the 4th qtr.
It’s just mind boggling.
The predetermined substitutions kept this game in a position where Notre Dame could come back and win.
The final play that was ran is an exact reflection of the thinking process and philosophy of this coaching staff.
They are severely out of touch with reality and that starts at the top.

That Staff is totally Lost. And it's Obvious.

I am a KJH fan but she did a horrible management job. When the team started going South in the third quarter KJH should have called a TO because they became a turnover machine. Then we started hold the ball and started the crap of get it inside in the paint when our outside and mid range shots were working. It was like we were playing not to lose rather than to win.

One thing I will say is Striplin is a better post player than Holingshead at least she was tonight.

That game is the very reason I haven't invested in the LVS (used to watch every game I could) for years now. It is just too stressful watching the Incompetence. Somebody tell AD White APATHY has set in. UT deserves better. The LADY VOLS deserve the Best. They don't have it. Yall enjoy...

I am a KJH fan but she did a horrible management job. When the team started going South in the third quarter KJH should have called a TO because they became a turnover machine. Then we started hold the ball and started the crap of get it inside in the paint when our outside and mid range shots were working. It was like we were playing not to lose rather than to win.

One thing I will say is Striplin is a better post player than Holingshead at least she was tonight.
Holingshead= Turnover Machine.

Funny thing is was Jewel was left alone on the opposite side for a wide open three. She was calling for it. But Wells went the other way and drove to her right side got her pocket picked and had to Hail Mary it to Sara for the 3.

Reactions: OutofStateFan
Maybe because Kellie gets outcoached on a consistent basis. Ivey made obvious 2nd half adjustments, you know what coaches are suppose to do in game. Kellie as usual couldn't stop what ND found as advantage. No reason for a team to make 10 out of 11 shots because TO weren't called properly and defensive adjustments weren't made. UT has no inside defense and a lot of that is the talent, but that's also on Kellie.
When ND started talking the ball inside we should have went to a 2,3 zone to stop it. Make them beat you shooting outside. No 3s for them the whole game. Any decent coach would have made that adjustment coaching middle school basketball. I said last week I have supported Kellie from day one and will continue to watch them this season but it is time to move on with a different coach.

What a hard loss. This one hurts. The girls give there all. Noter Dame could not miss the second half. On to the next game. As always go Lady Vol's.
Not all girls did hollingshed has gotten worse don’t play defense Puckett like I said last year to slow on both ends of court. Striplin needs to be playing more minutes. Time for Kellie to be fired or fire all assistants including o’Jon they are not better had a chance to get help in portal and chose not to. Be lucky to make ncaa tournament playing like this. Several loses coming. Hope DW is on the lookout for her replacement and looks outside the Pat tree and nothing against her at all. Sorry for ranting

VN Store

Back