Game Thread: Lady Vols at Mississippi State; Thurs Jan 18 ; 5PM ; SEC Network win 75-64

Coach, the game against Vandy will be epic....
I sure like Justine, but the LVs are my gals....

ud5hkmq0xqlozgoqet7g
,,.moving through the fog toward reality?

Reactions: Lucy
Facts hurt your feelings, I see. Take off the Orange sunglasses. I hope TN wins every game in every sport, even rugby. But USCjr would beat us at any arena in the country. Not sure what you can’t comprehend.

And I’m referring to women’s basketball.

Elementary vocabulary should’ve taught you a fact from an opinion.

You sound crazy.. and nobody but low IQ basketball spectators would believe that nonsense you posting.

Not picking on any particular post but does it seem like when we play like we did tonight in the first half the problem is coaching. When we play like we did tonight in the second half the coach gets very little of the praise.
Maybe it is that way with all fan bases

Not picking on any particular post but does it seem like when we play like we did tonight in the first half the problem is coaching. When we play like we did tonight in the second half the coach gets very little of the praise.

Kellie made good adjustments at halftime.

First half was painful though. Hard to forget that quickly lol. This team is hot and cold to the max sometimes.

Did LSU not just lose to Auburn?
Trailing right now to Alabama.

It’s ridiculous how people talk up LSU as if they are a dominant team.
Well we shall see about that on Feb 7 at our home court.I am hopeful but not at all confident that the LV's will win...there will need to be much improvement between now and then ......is it possible .....all Lady Vol fans hope so.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Of course GT,,,mine too...always have been, always will be
I have two teams I never root against
Lady Vols, LA Lakers...both since the mid 70s

Justine's my girl.
A perfect game sunday would be Justine goes 4-6 and lady vols win by 20

My friend was one of the PR guys for the San Diego Clippers, when they were in San Diego....He would have me come to some of the games, especially when they played the Lakers and several other big name teams...,

I would go to the dressings room area with him to sort of hang out and talk ball, usually why we lost.....These guys really went after each other with all kinds of smart ass comments about how bad they played....Lots of laughs.
San-Diego-Clippers-Logo-history.jpg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
My friend was one of the PR guys for the San Diego Clippers, when they were in San Diego....He would have me come to some of the games, especially when they played the Lakers and several other big name teams...,

I would go to the dressings room area with him to sort of hang out and talk ball, usually why we lost.....These guys really went after each other with all kinds of smart ass comments about how bad they played....Lots of laughs.
San-Diego-Clippers-Logo-history.jpg
My Dad was all about JoJo White, John Havlicek, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish and "Team BB"
I was all about Kareem, Byron, Magic, James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Shaq, Kobe and "showtime BB"

My understanding is the sub rotation is roughly determined beforehand by the whole staff then Jon and Joy tell the players when to go in. Then you see Kellie subbing thoughout the game as circumstances dictate.
How in the world can you pre determine a sub pattern before a game. That's got to be the STUPIEST thing I have ever heard of. No wonder we look lost in the first half. CKH did not learn that from coach Summit. Kellie hardly ever came out of the game when she was playing. Coach Summit made the statement several times that she was the coach on the floor. I would really like to hear the logic behind the sub pattern.

Reactions: Deebowbear
How in the world can you pre determine a sub pattern before a game. That's got to be the STUPIEST thing I have ever heard of. No wonder we look lost in the first half. CKH did not learn that from coach Summit. Kellie hardly ever came out of the game when she was playing. Coach Summit made the statement several times that she was the coach on the floor. I would really like to hear the logic behind the sub pattern.
1705634900976.png logic

Kellie made good adjustments at halftime.

First half was painful though. Hard to forget that quickly lol. This team is hot and cold to the max sometimes.
This Lady Vol team has a Jekyll and Hyde personality like many Tennessee teams of the recent past. Once they got ignited in the second half they had the game in hand. Hope they beat the frozen rain storm back home in time.

Unpopular take on this board currently, but Kellie is doing a good job. Our rough patch had injuries including our best player. If we scheduled non conference similar to most SEC teams, our record (and fan attitude) would be much different. The SEC is no joke this year. Literally any win on the road teams should take, run with it, and be happy.

Have to give Coach credit for going with Tamari and Kaiya. I know players Like Karoline and Tess have to sit, but this was just the better matchup for this game. I mean we dominated the second half 45 to 27.
Let's start with Karolyn needs to sit at the beginning of every game. The reason this defense is starting off the way it is is because we don't have a post that can defend the rim. Karolyn works hard but she'll never be 6-5 or 6-6 and that's what you need in the SEC. Tamari needs to be back in the starting lineup, we need to win the opening tip and we need to set the tone on the defensive end from the jump ball. Karolyn can be a very good sub, but she is not a starting 5 player in the SEC. Teams get on a roll, build confidence, and all of a sudden we find herself down 10-12 points by the end of the first quarter. That needs to change and it starts with the people defending the post so that the guards can get up and play against their players on the outside a little tighter knowing there's somebody back there that can block shots.

Last edited:
Elementary vocabulary should’ve taught you a fact from an opinion.

You sound crazy.. and nobody but low IQ basketball spectators would believe that nonsense you posting.
Serious question as maybe I at missing something.

So you think the Lady Vols would beat South Carolina?

Last edited:
Harper did something right as they came out and played well in the second half. It was great to see. You have to give her credit.

Seems yer memory is short term. Check that record.
South Carolina is the #1 team in the country. If I recall, they beat the Lady Vols twice last year, once in the SEC tourney. They beat TN once in 2022. And I think we split in 2021.

I’m not arguing with anyone but agreed with another poster that TN would not beat South Carolina. Just my opinion.

As far as the record, I’m referring to this year’s team. TN is not ranked and would not be in the tourney if it started today. Now, I think that will change if they play like they did in second half and put together a string of wins.

Again, so much negativity because the lvs only won by double digits but did not dominate from the opening tip (with the slow start being due to Kellie be the absolute coach in the world and the turn around being something that just inexplicably happened).

I attribute the bad first quarter (and a half) to all the travel disruptions.

I actually liked the LVs spreading the court and taking the open threes. But, when you start shooting 1 for 11, you are going to have some problems plus RJ missing a lot of shots that she typically makes. MissST actually hit some shots where the LVs played pretty defense. But they cut the deficit to a manageable level before the half and took over the game from there on out.

Key's best all round game. Wynn stepped up big 13 points on 60% shooting!!. Puckett was solid, Rickea had an off 19 pts and 7 boards. Powell settled down and was really good in 2nd half.

That was a really good road win under pressure because a loss would have been really problematic.

Go LVs!

Last edited:
Kaiya Wynn!!! Wow!
13pts
0 TO
3 steals
1 assist
5 rebounds
Did someone say she wasn’t ready? The work over the summer has really paid off!!
One of top Kellie fire bunch said.
Kellie trying to get fired.
When post on Kellie playing Wynn at point.
He doesn't post much when we win.
What do think of Wynn play now if you got your ears on?

If it would be appropriate, I would love to kiss the above stat. Makes me feel giddy with joy, especially against a defense that towards the end was supremely focused on turning us over. I know we can't expect this every game, but did anyone think that Wynn could make this much progress overall and in the critical point position especially. It is a near miracle, with Key's dramatic turnaround a close second.
Maybe Kellie did.
She does know a little about Good point guard play.

VN Store

Back