Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M ; Sunday 5PM; ESPN

either you have never coached, only coached children, or was a losing coach,,,
bc a winning coach has to inspire, scold, accommodate, compliment, read their players,,etc
A coach has to coach everything!...
every thing!

I was 3 feet from Pat Summitt when she said,,,in response to the question,,,"Do you coach effort?"
She said "I coach everything,,,I don't coach passion,,,if I have to teach you to love my game,,,I don't want you"

Note the first part.."I coach everything"
Geno had the same philosophy. He doesn’t coach your effort, he just replaces it.

either you have never coached, only coached children, or was a losing coach,,,
bc a winning coach has to inspire, scold, accommodate, compliment, read their players,,etc
A coach has to coach everything!...
every thing!

I was 3 feet from Pat Summitt when she said,,,in response to the question,,,"Do you coach effort?"
She said "I coach everything,,,I don't coach passion,,,if I have to teach you to love my game,,,I don't want you"

Note the first part.."I coach everything"
Like I said before, I have never been a coach only a player. I’m giving my experience from the players side, im saying even when I started playing early on I absolutely hated losing and played that way, a coach didn’t have to teach me that. If you’re soft or mentally weak not much a coach can do once you’re an adult.

Last edited:
We are running out of games to lose. We are looking at 5 to 7 more games we will not win before the big tournament. Already 6 defeats. Time is running out on how many more loses we can have to make the ncaa tournament. So the season is getting shorter with every defeat.
5 losses knocks us out IMO. And we have 3 against LSU and SC still coming.

Geez your basketball IQ is down right funky. LSU just loss to a bad Auburn team as some have said and you in here acting like it didn’t even happened lol lol lol.
Chauncey please! LSU’s game against Auburn isn’t my concern loser!

To help increase your IQ, let me help you muddle through my comment. On paper and according to your constant, annoying banter, we should be better than A&M, right?!

I would be okay with Tennessee losing to a team that’s projected to finish higher than them (LSU, South Carolina) in the conference, than to a team that’s not that good.

True… also makes those playing know they can be replaced. We have players not worried about being replaced.
Everything I said during the summer is showing itself now, but I’m not emotional like I use to be.it just took that FSU loss for me to see what this team is.but I’ll root for wins every game like I always do and hope for Rickea and Spear to lifht it up at the same time and shock some people.

Can yall really see us not making the tournament honestly? Didnt one of Holly’s team have double digits losses and still made the tournament 1 year? I could be mistaken.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Everything I said during the summer is showing itself now, but I’m not emotional like I use to be.it just took that FSU loss for me to see what this team is.but I’ll root for wins every game like I always do and hope for Rickea and Spear to lifht it up at the same time and shock some people.
This is honestly how I feel. I’ve emotionally detached, but it was the Carson-Newman game for me. The only reason I went to the tournament in FL was because I had already paid for everything and it was non-refundable! 😂 Still going to root for the girls but I’m definitely not as excited as I was this summer! 🥹🥲

Can yall really see us not making the tournament honestly? Didnt one of Holly’s team have double digits losses and still made the tournament 1 year? I could be mistaken.
I don’t see it but I’m always hopeful. Just let Rickea and Spear take 20+ shots a game and see what happens. Just go down with your best players.

None of them played defense or scored. Hard to single anyone out.

Edie did not travel with the team. Wonder if a bug is going around. Kellie didn't mention it in her post game w Brian.

Not sure if the news sentinel's cora is onsite, probably is, but others do the presser remotely. But Cora definitely askes tough questions, not sure what you're talking about. She was tweeting tough tweets the whole game. She never holds back.

Lucky for Kellie though, the presser will be very short and not sweet. They have a long bus ride back to the airport to try to get home before the snow starts.

What a disappointing game.
Tweeting and asking the coach are 2 different things.

That is part of our problem, recruiting and evaluating talent. If u can get the top players u want, I rather not get anyone.
Well they tried that the last couple of years and that's why we have NO freshman class. After a couple of years of taking the usual 30-50ish players (the ones we gripe about all the time now) they tried only taking higher ranked players they really wanted. Signed one is two years and she transferred. HS recruiting of elite players is a huge part of our problem.

But today didn't strike me as being about talent and recruiting. I didn't think the opposition had that much to do with it. We just got in a collective tailspin and no one could get us out. Not a good outing for anyone.

Tweeting and asking the coach are 2 different things.
Listen to the pressers. Read her articles Cora Hall definitely asks the hard questions and says the hard things to KJH. No question.

You must have her confused with the other one who is a bootlicker from way, way back.

There's another local reporter named Casey for one of the local TV stations that askes really good questions.

It is absolutely not true that the local press gives Kellie a pass. Good ole John Adams has been calling for her replacement for years.

This is honestly how I feel. I’ve emotionally detached, but it was the Carson-Newman game for me. The only reason I went to the tournament in FL was because I had already paid for everything and it was non-refundable! 😂 Still going to root for the girls but I’m definitely not as excited as I was this summer! 🥹🥲
Looks like we’re in the same boat, let’s hope for the best.

Listen to the pressers. Read her articles Cora Hall definitely asks the hard questions and says the hard things to KJH. No question.

You must have her confused with the other one who is a bootlicker from way, way back.

There's another local reporter named Casey for one of the local TV stations that askes really good questions.

It is absolutely not true that the local press gives Kellie a pass. Good ole John Adams has been calling for her replacement for years.
Thanks glv98. I’ll check them out. I still would like Harper to sit up there and take responsibility. Old school coaches would take blame no matter what. Not her or most of this new generation.

At least the refs didn't let Barker get away with that epic flop attempt. She actually was barely touched.

Also, that charge call on Rickea was awful, should have been an and one. And I don't understand why KJH took her out immediately after. Makes me wonder if something was wrong.

Definitely need a reset and to find some urgency or another loss is on the way in Starkville.

I agree on the poor call on Jackson. The defender seemed to get in a squat postion in order to absorb the contact. Jackson has to be given room to land unimpeded. That didn't happen. Jackson left the game shortly there after. I think Coach Harper realized Jackson is frustrated, not playing well and possibly ill. Realizing we were beaten at that point I thought taking her out of the game was a good move.

I knew we were in trouble when A@M went up 8 to 6 on a reverse layup where the ball handler clearly stepped out of bounds. I called it at the time, and asked how can an official miss that call. But in the end officiating was no worse than our play.

Another red flag ( for me) on Jackson is when her frustration boils over she usually tries to become the point guard and bring the ball up the court. That happened a couple of times before she took a seat. When she does that our offense looks even more woeful.

VN Store

Back