Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M ; Sunday 5PM; ESPN

Facts. They gave effort. Controlled what they could control. I’m about to watch some playoff football and then stream me some good TV!!
Lets GBO true Vol fans🍊!

You say some of the most off the wall bogus stuff.
If you think Jewel Spear, Jasmine Powell, Sara Puckett, a healthy Tamari Key annd Jillian Hollingshead are nothing more than backups something seriously wrong with you.
At the end of the day, this team should’ve never been focused on one player carrying most of the load.
The way the offense is coached is so predictable after a few trips down the court on any given night most of fans in attendance could probably call out the plays.
She (RJ) was off tonight and missed how many games? End result was losses. I’ll stick with my off the wall, it seems accurate when you see it play out. Those players you mentioned can’t take games over and wouldn’t start on the teams we are chasing.

Can’t take wins for granted but we shouldn’t get excited about Liberty as we conquered a great task.
Again, I'll be excited for every win. They're too hard to come by.

It's really disappointing that we get what we think are winning pieces, like Rickea and like Jewel, and then they turn out inconsistent, and in a game like this, playing down to our standards instead of lifting us up. That has happened too often not to think it's systematic. We can just never get on a good, consistent trajectory. We're always capable of sh*tshows like today.

I love KJH and had big hopes but we just can't get the bus over the hump. I'm now looking at the rest of this season just a game at a time hoping for the best but not expecting much. I no longer think it's realistic to imagine any kind of run, but it would be ok to be proven wrong. Man I'd really like Rickea to have a good finish though. She can be so fun to watch.

You said what I am feeling,,,,nothing.
I saw the beginning of the 1st half tailspin and from that moment I knew a double digit deficit was upcoming
when we fell behind by more than 10 I started watching Hulu
came back to the game watched for a minute then FF it to the next live-spot

Like you, I wasn't in shock,,,not even surprised
Like you,,,no feelings
None
Still don't
bc I expected it. . . . sigh
I watch the first half and subs subs...
2 subs, 3 subs, 4 subs
looking for a combination,,,any combination
The subs were coming so frequently I felt like I was in a deli
Believe they call that apathy

Again, I'll be excited for every win. They're too hard to come by.

It's really disappointing that get what we think are winning pieces, like Rickea and like Jewel, and then they turn out inconsistent, and in a game like this, playing down to our standards instead of lifting them up. That has happened too often not to think it's systematic. We can just never get on a good, consistent trajectory. We're always capable of sh*tshows like today.

I love KJH and had big hopes but we just can't get the bus over the hump. I'm now looking at the rest of this season just a game at a time hoping for the best but not expecting much. I no longer think it's realistic to imagine a tourney run, but it would be ok to be proven wrong. Man I'd really like Rickea to have a good finish though. She can be so fun to watch.
Glad we have more games. Still a long season

Too many turnovers in the first half and I am glad to see that Harper has taken players out for being substandard on defense or making turnovers like Barnes does.

These players have to EARN their minutes.
Puckett made 12 points leading the team. Rickea made 10 while being double and tripled team, and was taken out for playing badly. That just seems like total BS to me, unless she was sick.

We played poorly last game to but ended up winning somehow. When I posted how poorly we played I got blasted, they said some people can’t be happy even when we win. Not true. I can be glad we won but at the same time realize it was bad basketball and this team is really poorly coached. Maybe now those people can understand however I doubt it.
Always speak your opinion, I do the same thing and i, blasted as well. But ive said this since the portal was over, that we are still flawed and we have too many holes

Glad we have more games. Still a long season
We are running out of games to lose. We are looking at 5 to 7 more games we will not win before the big tournament. Already 6 defeats. Time is running out on how many more loses we can have to make the ncaa tournament. So the season is getting shorter with every defeat.

It's especially disappointing bc two things we needed to have happen today did happen - both LSU and Old Miss lost. But we are far from in any position to take advantage of that.

Edited to add: apparently we were simil-posting about the good things that happened that we can't profit from.

Puckett made 12 points leading the team. Rickea made 10 while being double and tripled team, and was taken out for playing badly. That just seems like total BS to me, unless she was sick.
Let’s not count garbage time points and do we know why Rickea was taken out? Because if that’s the case we would play the game with 1-2 most games because most of them play badly every game.

I’m sorry but I can’t blame Kellie for our girls lack of effort… she can’t rebound for them. That includes rickea
I can. Although she’s not playing, she’s coaching, game planning and setting the expectation of what’s allowed. It starts and ends with her and the staff that is in over their head. We lost to a team that won 9 games last year and it wasn’t close.

coaches sometimes have to inspire that heart
and
guide, discipline, fight with the zebra's, move/counter-move, call timeouts

As a coach it is up to me to find heart
and every now and then use a defibrillator
Much as I hate agreeing with you, good coaches have to be able to turn around lack of focus or "heart" when it's this far off the rails for everyone. And not just by sitting your star. The coaches didn't seem any more into it than the players, and Kellie threw the towel in early and out loud. She took a seat on the bench early and basically stopped coaching.

and

Yes but some players have it in them already, u don’t need to wait until college to be taught to play tough and have fight. I just look at things differently because even as a kid I would hate losing so much and as I grew up and played more it always stayed with me, a coach never taught me that. It’s about being a competitor and refusing to lose and to win at all costs, that’s just my motto.

and

A team usually takes on the personality of the head coach. Look no further than LSU and SC. This team looks like it has Kellie's personality. Nice, laid back,no fight, easy going. That's how they play for the most part.

Yes but some players have it in them already, u don’t need to wait until college to be taught to play tough and have fight. I just look at things differently because even as a kid I would hate losing so much and as I grew up and played more it always stayed with me, a coach never taught me that. It’s about being a competitor and refusing to lose and to win at all costs, that’s just my motto.
either you have never coached, only coached children, or was a losing coach,,,
bc a winning coach has to inspire, scold, accommodate, compliment, read their players,,etc
A coach has to coach everything!...
every thing!

I was 3 feet from Pat Summitt when she said,,,in response to the question,,,"Do you coach effort?"
She said "I coach everything,,,I don't coach passion,,,if I have to teach you to love my game,,,I don't want you"

Note the first part.."I coach everything"

Reactions: 007Racer

VN Store

Back