Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M ; Sunday 5PM; ESPN

Hollingshead played for Texas A%M Coach Joni Taylor at Georgia and they will get a chance to renew acquaintances today.

Fair assessment. Maybe she adopted the Barnes philosophy if you’re not playing defense or scoring, you’ll sit.
You can do this if you have someone else on the team to take their place. I apologize for being so pissy today. Not usually like this but it's upsetting that our Lady VOLS have fallen so far. I worry about them even making the tournament.

This sucked. Total lack of effort. Only bright spots I found (and I did a lot of searching) was some effort from Jewel, Jillian, and Sara. Poured myself a glass of wine and am just going to try to write off the time I spent watching that.

Facts. They gave effort. Controlled what they could control. I’m about to watch some playoff football and then stream me some good TV!!
Lets GBO true Vol fans🍊!

It’s too much to ask for one player to win every night with backups as the supporting cast. Take her out of the game or she has an off night, teams will take a chance on someone else trying to step up.

You say some of the most off the wall bogus stuff.
If you think Jewel Spear, Jasmine Powell, Sara Puckett, a healthy Tamari Key annd Jillian Hollingshead are nothing more than backups something seriously wrong with you.
At the end of the day, this team should’ve never been focused on one player carrying most of the load.
The way the offense is coached is so predictable after a few trips down the court on any given night most of fans in attendance could probably call out the plays.

You can do this if you have someone else on the team to take their place. I apologize for being so pissy today. Not usually like this but it's upsetting that our Lady VOLS have fallen so far. I worry about them even making the tournament.

Too many turnovers in the first half and I am glad to see that Harper has taken players out for being substandard on defense or making turnovers like Barnes does.

These players have to EARN their minutes.

We played poorly last game to but ended up winning somehow. When I posted how poorly we played I got blasted, they said some people can’t be happy even when we win. Not true. I can be glad we won but at the same time realize it was bad basketball and this team is really poorly coached. Maybe now those people can understand however I doubt it.

Reactions: 007Racer
I don't think you need to worry about them making the tournament.
Don't know. With no resume wins it's dicey. And even if we do, which we probably will, we're looking at a tough, tough seed.

Today was the same thing that's bothered me since Holly. OK, Rickea was off, and sort of listless, but how is it that NO ONE else had a good game? Why is everyone tight, tentative, and out of synch, and why can't anyone on the sideline do anything about it? It just seems like something systematic that happens and no one can change it. I don't get bad play that seems contagious, espec since A & M is just not that good.

I'll give credit where it's due, but what happened today didn't seem to have that much to do with the opposition. We were our own worst enemy.

At least the refs didn't let Barker get away with that epic flop attempt. She actually was barely touched.

Also, that charge call on Rickea was awful, should have been an and one. And I don't understand why KJH took her out immediately after. Makes me wonder if something was wrong.

Definitely need a reset and to find some urgency or another loss is on the way in Starkville.
Early in the game when A&M player stepped out of bounds with ref right there and hits a twisting layup. I thought looks like one of those days where everything could go bad, and it did. Also, felt like all missed shots were falling into A&Ms hands but I guess that's an effort thing.

If you think Jewel Spear, Jasmine Powell, Sara Puckett, a healthy Tamari Key annd Jillian Hollingshead are nothing more than backups something seriously wrong with you.
They weren't even decent backups today. Sometimes they are way more, today they were not.
We played poorly last game to but ended up winning somehow. When I posted how poorly we played I got blasted, they said some people can’t be happy even when we win. Not true. I can be glad we won but at the same time realize it was bad basketball and this team is really poorly coached. Maybe now those people can understand however I doubt it.
Games like this make me even happier when we win. I'll celebrate like hell everytime we win bc we're capable of losing any game.

Today was a very bad job of coaching and preparing.

I really hope we’re still thinking about red shirting her. She’s got 3-4 more she can play in unless it’s an absolute need.
In basketball a redshirt is gone if you play at all, unless you have a season ending injury and are eligible for a medical redshirt. But we’re too deep into the season for that.

Those last few wins were fools gold for those hoping we improved. The team is trending backwards in year 5 with a coach who has 20 years experience.

She’s our Buzz Peterson
Only going to get worse looking at the schedule. Don’t see many wins left. Time will tell and think DW is going to have to make a decision

Reactions: Majors
One word: Lazy. I told the fan seating next to me at the Kentucky game that this is the laziest Lady Vol team I've ever seen. Lazy passes lead to most of our turnovers. Laziness, standing around in our half-court offense with nobody moving. I've seen us have a perfect block out on defense only to have an opposing player run around our blockers to get the ball. We're getting beat on the boards like never before. Nearly every 50-50 ball easily going the other way. Just a lack of intensity all the way around.

They weren't even decent backups today. Sometimes they are way more, today they were not.

Games like this make me even happier when we win. I'll celebrate like hell everytime we win bc we're capable of losing any game.

Today was a very bad job of coaching and preparing.
Can’t take wins for granted but we shouldn’t get excited about Liberty as we conquered a great task.

I had “no feelings” watching this defeat today.
The question is, what’s the purpose in doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome?
I love Tennessee women’s basketball.
Always going to be a supporter and watch these players no matter what.
Lets GBO🍊
You said what I am feeling,,,,nothing.
I saw the beginning of the 1st half tailspin and from that moment I knew a double digit deficit was upcoming
when we fell behind by more than 10 I started watching Hulu
came back to the game watched for a minute then FF it to the next live-spot

Like you, I wasn't in shock,,,not even surprised
Like you,,,no feelings
None
Still don't
bc I expected it. . . . sigh
I watch the first half and subs subs...
2 subs, 3 subs, 4 subs
looking for a combination,,,any combination
The subs were coming so frequently I felt like I was in a deli

VN Store