Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M ; Sunday 5PM; ESPN

I’m trying not to be negative, but this is one of the worst coached TN teams (collectively) I’ve seen in many, many years. There is literally nothing happening during these runs. Jon occasionally stands up and waives his arms and that’s it. Kelli took Powell out and Powell shrugged and said “what did I do?” Kelli said “nothing, it’s ok.” Zero fire. It starts at the top, yes, but there’s little fire in this group collectively from what I am seeing today.

When we’re down and a timeout is called it’s going to be a turnover every time. No questions about it. Seriously, has there been a successful play ran from the timeout this year? I can’t recall. We’re damned if we use them and damned if we don’t.

A four point game 14-18… Hollingshead and Key were both effective off the bench in the 1st qtr. To start the 2nd qtr they get subbed out.
Jewel Spear touches the ball a few times in the 1st qtr and gets subbed out. Players can’t ever get in a rhythm.
Every decision that was made was predetermined. It just is what it is.
Who is making the subs. That’s part of the problem. It ain’t Kelly

Seems Harper is gonna have to motivate them to come out again and at least play a half to have a chance.
Rebounds are effort more than anything and it takes effort to have technique

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't really watch the Lady Vols but they seem to wear a lot of "Carolina Blue" accents, leg sleeves, headbands, etc.

Is there a reason several players choose that blue accent?

Way back in the day, (like pre-1980s back in the day), they had to order uniforms in blue because they couldn't get women's jerseys in orange, and even after that changed, they sort of brought the powder blue along in their logo and as an accent on their uniforms and gear. Over time, it became synonymous with the Lady Vols logo and eventually also Pat Summitt. Just a tradition thing, I suppose.

A four point game 14-18… Hollingshead and Key were both effective off the bench in the 1st qtr. To start the 2nd qtr they get subbed out.
Jewel Spear touches the ball a few times in the 1st qtr and gets subbed out. Players can’t ever get in a rhythm.
CKH or her staff don't know how to substitute. Confirmed by convo with a WNBA coach

I don't really watch the Lady Vols but they seem to wear a lot of "Carolina Blue" accents, leg sleeves, headbands, etc.

Is there a reason several players choose that blue accent?

Way back when, it was impossible to get a women's uniform in orange so it's a secondary/tertiary color.

Glad you guys were right the other day. This team looked so ready to play the first half. We can only hope the same team shows up in the second half. I’m sure CKH supporters will be heard from in unison this evening.

Nothing is being done with purpose on either end. Even if our players box out, there’s no release to pursue the ball on either end. 🤦🏾‍♂️
That bothers me sooooo much! There was a point where Key had perfect position for an offensive rebound and she didn’t release from the freaking box out to pursue it. Striplin and Puckett has that habit really bad as well. You can tell it’s being coached, which makes sense, to make contact first and box out, but you have to pursue the ball. We cant depend on Powell and whoever is on the wing to swoop in and grab every rebound.

SMH

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back