Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

The big difference is Holly inherited Pat's players whereas Kelly had to do a complete rebuild from the players Holly left her with and a program in complete freefall from Holly's malpractice.
In Cooper, Boyd, and Brooks she has three of the kind of players you want. Need a lot more still much better than a lot of current roster players.

The big difference is Holly inherited Pat's players whereas Kelly had to do a complete rebuild from the players Holly left her with and a program in complete freefall from Holly's malpractice.
Who recruited those players for Pat?

How is it a rebuild when we hear about CKH having 3 first round draft picks she didn’t recruit.

This season anyway. I wouldn’t say she’s done a great job at Vandy. They are having a nice year.

Her first two playing seasons were abysmal and don’t forget they took the easy way out and didn’t play during Covid.

She has a 26.5% win percentage in the SEC so far.

They have the hardest part of their SEC schedule coming up. Until our game today all of their SEC games have been against bottom half of the conference competition. They could very well lose 5 in a row here. Actually hope they don’t because it lessens this win for us but that’s the reality.
She started from ground zero.

In Cooper, Boyd, and Brooks she has three of the kind of players you want. Need a lot more still much better than a lot of current roster players.

I’m excited for how our defense will change with these players plus Kaiya and Destinee. With TK still holding down the middle and some fresh quickness on the perimeter it could be fun.

I would agree. Speaking of SC, they are killing Texas A&M. USC for sure is on a different level than UT or Vandy.

A better South Carolina team years ago got beat by a Missouri team with 8 players.
Common sense is what SC does against Texas A&M has nothing to do with Tennessee. Auburn beat LSU and I don’t see you already declaring that SC is on a different level than them. That’s just your way to try to discredit Tennessee.

I’m excited for how our defense will change with these players plus Kaiya and Destinee. With TK still holding down the middle and some fresh quickness on the perimeter it could be fun.
I haven’t watched them yet, but if that’s the case, we will still need 2 elite scorers from the portal.

She started from ground zero.

Yes and took an entire season off the recruit, rebuild and practice. I’m still annoyed with teams that did not play that season. Total cop out.

We are also the best team Vanderbilt has played since Thanksgiving. NC State was the only quality team they played.

They did play Iowa State but they are not that good. The entire Big 12 is very down this season but got some reason has 4-5 teams in the top 25.

All that contact was in Key’s established cylinder.

Bad call to add to the phantom jump ball, and the charging call on the rebound as should be career ending bad.
One of most inconsistent called games I have seen this year. 6 of our turnovers were phantom offensive fouls. Really went after Key, and did not see the player push our player in the back with 2 hands on break away layup.

I don't think that there is fan of WCBB that doesn't complain about the refs - for good reason. The explanation is simple, you get what you pay for. Unless the NCAA is willing to pay for better officiating, it just isn't going to happen. I don't think that there is a single WCBB team that is in the black so I suspect the NCAA/conference "good" ref money goes to the sports that make money.

Of course there is another factor with refs - fan's teams never foul and their opponents get away with murder. o_O

Posters been saying we need to play Rickea more well Coach Harper was doing just that today. She played 29 minutes and sit out the entire fourth quarter. That may be to much for a player that sit out so many games.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I don't think that there is fan of WCBB that doesn't complain about the refs - for good reason. The explanation is simple, you get what you pay for. Unless the NCAA is willing to pay for better officiating, it just isn't going to happen. I don't think that there is a single WCBB team that is in the black so I suspect the NCAA/conference "good" ref money goes to the sports that make money.

Of course there is another factor with refs - fan's teams never foul and their opponents get away with murder. o_O
Watched a lot of Vandy games this year. Washington flops not just against Tennessee she does it against everybody and gets a lot of calls out of it. If your going to have a flopping rule you need to call it.

You do realize that we shot 18 free throws compared to 6 for Vandy....
Key was the one they just wouldn't call a foul on it maybe they were adjusting or correcting for the size difference. They were shorter and played really aggressive and you are going to get more called against you as the UT men's team does as an aggressive D. I actually wish the girls played with a little rougher play to see what they can get away with. Vandy did, just go with their just going to call so many of the bump/lay on fouls especially if you're smaller.

Posters been saying we need to play Rickea more well Coach Harper was doing just that today. She played 29 minutes and sit out the entire fourth quarter. That may be to much for a player that sit out so many games.
She does need to play more, today it didn’t work out. She’s young and can handle it just like all the other top players in the country.

Reactions: knoxvol52
re Pissott, this actually made me wonder if she got promised to start or more playing time if she transferred.
She improved over her freshman year. Looked "less lost", a bit more athletic, shot the 3 ball well, and even a bit more assertive. But, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I still think she would have done at least that as a Lady Vol soph.

Coach, she's a fav of yours, but her behavior in the post game line was disappointing. Ralph is smart enough to know about that as well as her limitations on the court.
Won't be forgotten by Lady Vol fans or her former teammates... even playing at Memorial

Were you at the game,,,she got booed profusely by the student section....I didn't get to see anything after the game and been driving since then...just got home,,,But I felt bad for her re the constant booing

Suchis life for a transfer playing their ex-team I guess
Also glad Pissott got the homecoming she deserved. You don’t transfer from UT to Vandy without incurring some boos. No love lost there. Wish her luck but I’ll never cheer for her at Vanderbilt.
pure class,,,replace the L with an R,,,pure crass
She still looks lost, I’ve seen her guarding a player on the wing and nobody was in in the area, during the FDU game and still have the clip.
BS,,,just say you don't like her and be done with it.

This is all I will say one this matter...Justine wasn't a star here, and she isn't the star there. But at least she gets to hit the floor more, start games and shoots more. I am glad for her too find some happiness in the game she loves.

And now I think I will walk away for a while and let my fans and followers call me "white Knight" for defending my girl....
Love for the ones who don't attack me
KMA for the ones who do.

She does need to play more, today it didn’t work out. She’s young and can handle it just like all the other top players in the country.
Maybe she can't couldn't today. Probably could if she had not had the injury takes a little time to get back to a forty minute player.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A better South Carolina team years ago got beat by a Missouri team with 8 players.
Common sense is what SC does against Texas A&M has nothing to do with Tennessee. Auburn beat LSU and I don’t see you already declaring that SC is on a different level than them. That’s just your way to try to discredit Tennessee.

South Carolina has been better than us for, what, seven years or so? We'll see what happens this year. I haven't seen them play, but we
should be competitive.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back