Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

This was probably our biggest win of the season to date. Seriously. Vandy has been playing really well. Not an accident they came in 17-2 and 4-1 in SEC play.

I hate them, but they have been solid all season and are very consistent.

We really need to sweep them this season, I think it will be a very tough game in Nashville.

This was probably our biggest win of the season to date. Seriously. Vandy has been playing really well. Not an accident they came in 17-2 and 4-1 in SEC play.

We really need to sweep them this season, I think it will be a very tough game in Nashville.

and will be a good Quad1 win at Vandy.

She never is watched several games of them this season and only couple times when two or three players had fouled out was she in there. She plays first five minutes of a quarter and then sits the end of each quarter. This was one of her better games made 3 of 5 from the three and had three rebounds.

re Pissott, this actually made me wonder if she got promised to start or more playing time if she transferred.
She improved over her freshman year. Looked "less lost", a bit more athletic, shot the 3 ball well, and even a bit more assertive. But, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I still think she would have done at least that as a Lady Vol soph.

Coach, she's a fav of yours, but her behavior in the post game line was disappointing. Ralph is smart enough to know about that as well as her limitations on the court.
Won't be forgotten by Lady Vol fans or her former teammates... even playing at Memorial

Shea Ralph has done a great job at VU

Gut check W without Rickea that quarter. Said our guards needed to get it going and they responded well. Horrible officiating in post helped Vandy hopefully Coach sends in film. In CHRIST Alone
The refs were a little subpar, thought they did let the D lay and bump Key and really were body fouling her but Key needs to keep her elbows up it gave them and out on some of the calls also a few other calls not involving Key I thought they finally called something, and then I look up and they called it on UT. They did do something I haven't seen a lot this year they called about 6 walking violations which all were correct.

re Pissott, this actually made me wonder if she got promised to start or more playing time if she transferred.
She improved over her freshman year. Looked "less lost", a bit more athletic, shot the 3 ball well, and even a bit more assertive. But, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I still think she would have done at least that as a Lady Vol soph.

Coach, she's a fav of yours, but her behavior in the post game line was disappointing. Ralph is smart enough to know about that as well as her limitations on the court.
Won't be forgotten by Lady Vol fans or her former teammates... even playing at Memorial
I'll say this she hasn't played well enough for them to start. She is starting over a couple players that come off the bench that have played much much better. So that looks to be true.

Reactions: I4Vols
Rice asked her what happened and she said it was asthma. I believe the quote was “Well, we were dealing with asthma.” She went on to say that everybody in the building knew something was going on, and commented on how having to play before without her helped the team
I listened to Coach's post game interview and didn't hear that ....guess I need a hearing aid .

I think they are a really good team. Not in the league of SC or LSU, but they gave us all we wanted. Some tough play at the end of the game won it for us.

I see it differently. The officials got involved in this game from the opening quarter. Vandy is not on Tennessee level.

I know you’re talking about Vandy not being in the league with SC and LSU but it’s interesting hearing even the SEC sports broadcasters after the game put Tennessee in the Top 3 of the SEC. There’s no way LSU is ahead of the Lady Vols after losing that Auburn game. They are equal as long as both keep winning until they meet.
I don’t see South Carolina as a team that Tennessee will be outmatched against. SC will be heavily favored. TN has players that they can’t defend.

I can see the Lady Vols in their road game against Vandy being a lot more focused and winning that one comfortably.
They now see that the officials when facing a team like Vandy is going to favor them when you try to play through your size in the paint.
The way they allowed them to constantly hack at TK and not blow the whistle was downright ridiculous.

Shea Ralph has done a great job at VU

This season anyway. I wouldn’t say she’s done a great job at Vandy. They are having a nice year.

Her first two playing seasons were abysmal and don’t forget they took the easy way out and didn’t play during Covid.

She has a 26.5% win percentage in the SEC so far.

They have the hardest part of their SEC schedule coming up. Until our game today all of their SEC games have been against bottom half of the conference competition. They could very well lose 5 in a row here. Actually hope they don’t because it lessens this win for us but that’s the reality.

Yes, turnovers are always a problem with us....

You can't compare teams today to Summitt's teams. Women's basketball was very different for most of Summitt's career. Players and teams
were very limited offensively, which is precisely why we won so many games strictly with defense and rebounding.
yes I can compare them. I would put the 3 "Meeks" up against any team of today. Kelly Harper knows what it takes to do this. Pat Summitt demanded high standards of her players and nothing in today's game has changed to state I cannot compare those standards to today's game.

This season anyway. I wouldn’t say she’s done a great job at Vandy. They are having a nice year.

Her first two playing seasons were abysmal and don’t forget they took the easy way out and didn’t play during Covid.

She has a 26.5% win percentage in the SEC so far.

They have the hardest part of their SEC schedule coming up. Until our game today all of their SEC games have been against bottom half of the conference competition. They could very well lose 5 in a row here. Actually hope they don’t because it lessens this win for us but that’s the reality.
They are losing their next game for sure so will be 4 and 3. I look for them to do something like 9 and 9 even with their favorable SEC draw.

She still looks lost, I’ve seen her guarding a player on the wing and nobody was in in the area, during the FDU game and still have the clip.

Reactions: brittannica
was blue font there for a reason...

but just for comparison, it took Holly Warlick 128 games to reach 100 wins (Halfway through her 4th season). 144 for Kelli (halfway through her 5th)
The big difference is Holly inherited Pat's players whereas Kelly had to do a complete rebuild from the players Holly left her with and a program in complete freefall from Holly's malpractice.

Opinion Board but glad you chimed in..

If you still think this is a great team without RJ, maybe you're as delusional as I am..

Have a good day.
Well it is a team with great heart, great character, a lot of great fans, and an easily defined small group of fans that are as bad as the officiating was today.

I kno, I know, every team has them.

Pissott can shoot the three, but she is limited athletically and that will limit her effectiveness as a college player. She's similar to Puckett--taller
but less athletic. Puckett moves better.
I think she could help rebound a lot more she doesn't like contact. I think 3 rebounds today might be her high for the season in a game. She is averaging 1.9

Reactions: brittannica

What did you expect her to do in the lineup? Be excited and listen to whatever CKH had to say? She doesn’t owe CKH anytime and CKH doesn’t owe her time.

The refs were a little subpar, thought they did let the D lay and bump Key and really were body fouling her but Key needs to keep her elbows up it gave them and out on some of the calls also a few other calls not involving Key I thought they finally called something, and then I look up and they called it on UT. They did do something I haven't seen a lot this year they called about 6 walking violations which all were correct.

You do realize that we shot 18 free throws compared to 6 for Vandy....

Reactions: brassie

VN Store

Back