Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

Were you at the game,,,she got booed profusely by the student section....I didn't get to see anything after the game and been driving since then...just got home,,,But I felt bad for her re the constant booing

Suchis life for a transfer playing their ex-team I guess

pure class,,,replace the L with an R,,,pure crass

BS,,,just say you don't like her and be done with it.

This is all I will say one this matter...Justine wasn't a star here, and she isn't the star there. But at least she gets to hit the floor more, start games and shoots more. I am glad for her too find some happiness in the game she loves.

And now I think I will walk away for a while and let and followers call me "white Knight" for defending my girl....
Love for the ones who don't attack me
KMA for the ones who do.
we have fans booing our own football players announced as starters. Bad look to boo JP and flaunt the generic term LVFL.

Reactions: Pie Jones
I don't think that there is fan of WCBB that doesn't complain about the refs - for good reason. The explanation is simple, you get what you pay for. Unless the NCAA is willing to pay for better officiating, it just isn't going to happen. I don't think that there is a single WCBB team that is in the black so I suspect the NCAA/conference "good" ref money goes to the sports that make money.

Of course there is another factor with refs - fan's teams never foul and their opponents get away with murder. o_O

Please.. it doesn’t get any worse than when Spear jumped into the air and grab a rebound without even touching Vandy player to secure the ball but since her off hand inadvertently contact Vandy player that knock Spear TO THE GROUND they called an offensive foul.

You are saying that because you know those kind of calls never go against your team.

Her first two playing seasons were abysmal and don’t forget they took the easy way out and didn’t play during Covid.

She has a 26.5% win percentage in the SEC so far.

They have the hardest part of their SEC schedule coming up. Until our game today all of their SEC games have been against bottom half of the conference competition. They could very well lose 5 in a row here. Actually hope they don’t because it lessens this win for us but that’s the reality.
Shea wasn't the coach during the COVID season, she took over in 2021. While the first two years were bad, she literally had nothing to work with. She is moving things in a positive direction.

South Carolina has been better than us for, what, seven years or so? We'll see what happens this year. I haven't seen them play, but we
should be competitive.
How could you not be better when everyone on the team is a top 20 recruit and more than half are top ten. If we can't recruit at least a few of those type players it won't change. I'm looking at 2025 now we need a top ten class see how it goes.

Were you at the game,,,she got booed profusely by the student section....I didn't get to see anything after the game and been driving since then...just got home,,,But I felt bad for her re the constant booing

This is all I will say one this matter...Justine wasn't a star here, and she isn't the star there. But at least she gets to hit the floor more, start games and shoots more. I am glad for her too find some happiness in the game she loves.

And now I think I will walk away for a while and let my fans and followers call me "white Knight" for defending my girl....
KMA for the ones who do.

I'm surprised that she got booed "profusely" as she was only here 1 season and played very little. What is there to boo about--transferring in this day and age? Silly. I could see booing a really good player who transferred to a rival, but that's not the case here.

Reactions: Coach Jumper

And now I think I will walk away for a while and let and followers call me "white Knight" for defending my girl....
KMA for the ones who do.
I have nothing against her, she is the player I thought she would be and that’s not a knock on her. and like I said I have the Live Photo on my phone, you want the game and exact timestamp so u can look for yourself?

A better South Carolina team years ago got beat by a Missouri team with 8 players.
Common sense is what SC does against Texas A&M has nothing to do with Tennessee. Auburn beat LSU and I don’t see you already declaring that SC is on a different level than them. That’s just your way to try to discredit Tennessee.
We lost to a in-state directional school.

I was appalled like so many at the officiating. The one thing that they didn't get wrong is abide to the cylinder rule regarding to not calling charges with contact by the offensive player within the cylinder. I learned by a fan responding to my booing the call who said that they took away the cylinder rule for NCAAW this year, though it remains for the NCAAM. I had to confirm this when I got home, and this is correct. Below is the link:

NCAA women basketball restricted area for charges - Google Search

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm surprised that she got booed "profusely" as she was only here 1 season and played very little. What is there to boo about--transferring in this day and age? Silly. I could see booing a really good player who transferred to a rival, but that's not the case here.

Transferring from Tennessee to Vandy. Anywhere else and she probably doesn’t get booed. But Vandy? You’re getting some boos.

And now I think I will walk away for a while and let my fans and followers call me "white Knight" for defending my girl....
KMA for the ones who do.
Maybe the students know something we don’t, they might know more about the situation than we do.

This season anyway. I wouldn’t say she’s done a great job at Vandy. They are having a nice year.

Her first two playing seasons were abysmal and don’t forget they took the easy way out and didn’t play during Covid.

She has a 26.5% win percentage in the SEC so far.

They have the hardest part of their SEC schedule coming up. Until our game today all of their SEC games have been against bottom half of the conference competition. They could very well lose 5 in a row here. Actually hope they don’t because it lessens this win for us but that’s the reality.
1- She wasn't there for the covid year, Stephanie White was the coach.
2- Before the season stared last year, 3 potential starters were lost for the year.
3- This is only her third year trying to turn around a losing program. Catch even said that before Shea came in the team was, lets say, not up to par.
4- The difference is she has a few of her type of players come in as recruits.
Use some commonsense man, when you take over a bad program it's like starting from scratch.

I just remembered, you are the guy who really doesn't know anything except for what you read in this forum. No outside knowledge at all, and I believe you said it yourself. LOL

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Who is we? You can’t claim to be a fan of Tennessee with that NV stamp.

We 5-1 in SEC play don’t talk to me if you ain’t talking about that Majors.
I’m sorry my degree says University of Tennessee. If yours does not, I apologize for the general post of “we”. Slow down thundercat, you post “NV” on coaching in game when it comes to decisions…subbing etc. Don’t be a hypocrite.

Who is we? You can’t claim to be a fan of Tennessee with that NV stamp.

We 5-1 in SEC play don’t talk to me if you ain’t talking about that Majors.
Can’t make this stuff up.. don’t want to hear no “Coach Speak” post game interviews today.
Unacceptable.

You can’t have a starting PG on a team that wants to win at a high level do what just happened in the first 2-3 mins of the 2nd half already trailing on the road.
That is unacceptable.
Child please

You don't consider Vandy a rival? I sure as heck do.

Serena would have anywhere from 4-6 more without the injuries and having the kid.
Steffi Graf Became the first tennis player to achieve the Golden slam.
By wining all four Major Singles Titles and the Olympic Gold Medal .
In the same calendar year.

Graf is the only tennis player, male or female to have won each major singles tournament at least four times.

Steffi Graf (107) singles titles ranking her third behind.
Chris Evert (157)
Martina Narrative (167)

Steffi graf and Margaret Court. Are the only players, male or female to win three majors In a calendar year five times.

Steffi Graf retired 1999
She won the French open and lost in the Wibledon final in 1999
Steffi Graf retired still making finals and wining them.

Steffi Graf husband who was a pretty good male player said she could won more. But she retired so they could start a family.

That's way I give her nod the best I seen played.
You think it's Serena Williams.
They both finished behind Margart Court (24) slams

All Three were great players.

So were Evert - Narrative
Lot of tennis people said Monica Sees would won the most easily if not for her getting attack.

All six are top 10 women's tennis players.

All this facts were just taking form Wikipedia Steffi Graf page

Last edited:
Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Asthma attacks suck speaking from experience, but if it was just that and not an injury, welcome news.
I will never forget witnessing my fraternity brother having an asthma attack. He was wheezing so badly. That was 1992 but I had never seen that before. Luckily he would be okay.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back