Game thread: NCAA Second Round: No. 6 Seed Lady Vols vs. No. 3 Seed NC State

Doesn’t matter CKH isn’t going anywhere. We got so many people on here that just thinks she is wonderful. Next year we don’t make the tournament for the first time. Good luck with that all you CKH lovers. I for one have been wanting CKH gone for 3 years now. NC State cut the Harper ties after 4 years. We just have lower standards here at UT. The glory days of expecting more are over.

Nine possession game so we need a third quarter like their second quarter. If we can't get it down below ten in the third looks like that will be game.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Their right at 50 and had scored. 51 whole game vs Notre Dame& 54 vs Duke they bought got that at half. They are playing on their home court it shows. Although they looked mediocre vs UT Chatt. But it was lights out 1st half getting in transition getting kick outs and when they do miss getting 2nd chances,
Chattanooga controlled the Tempo the whole game.

Reactions: KTrain
It’s not just about contested shots, seems like Tess doesn’t make a 3, unless the game is not close.

Most of our players cannot dribble for a layup.

This better be a big halftime speech.

Play Defense!

And where is Spear!!!
We can't get easy points from our guards then you bring Tess off bench another who can't create.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
If we get blown out, I wonder how White is going to look at Kellie

Becomes very interesting considering we lose Jackson and Key and don’t really have big contributors coming in (granted in the age of the portal that can change quickly)
He'a probably not even watching, him and Randy hitting happy hour about now.

Reactions: Deebowbear
No
Andraya Carter speaking the TRUTH at halftime!! Tell them gurl! No excuse with 0 offensive rebounds to not get back in transition defense. And have said all season Puckett, Darby, and Striplin should never play at the same time. Very disappointing watching this team wilt under pressure again.
Nor Jillian, and never Wynn

Can’t depend on your star to do it all herself. It’s called a “team sport” for a reason.
It is a team sport but when your star player scores 14 points in 1st quarter why do you not go to her in 2nd quarter .....that is rhetorical .....it is because this team has a basketball IQ of 10 out of 100 ......well let me state that the basketball coaching staff's basketball IQ is worse ....maybe 9 out of 100 .....

I have no dog in the fight, but some of you guys are tossing in the towel and the fat lady ain't even warming up yet. Look at NC State's shooting %. Do you really think they can stay that hot for the entire game?
With the open shots their getting YES. It’s basically an open gym run right now.

I have no dog in the fight, but some of you guys are tossing in the towel and the fat lady ain't even warming up yet. Look at NC State's shooting %. Do you really think they can stay that hot for the entire game?

The fat lady is hoarse, like me...

What a time for our usual suspect frailities to bite us. I believe and hope we can at least make it respectable. Our D has been awful and they're hitting everything as a result.

Beginning my Rickea grief, hope it's premature.

How many points did NC State score in transition? 30? Close to it, I think.

I certainly agree that there is no way we can have Darby, Puckett and Striplin in the game at the same time. But we allowed ourselves to get into an uptempo game and that was foolish against this opponent. We need this game at a much slower, half-court tempo.

Reactions: brittannica
Fat lady sang about 20 minutes ago ......

How could anybody think the Lady Vols are still good. Do they not go to the arena and see 8 national championship banners. That is the standard. Do you know what it takes to win a title? It takes a top 3 seed minimum which is basically a top 10 ranking. Final fours should be a very frequent occurrence with this program. These things simply aren’t happening anymore nor see, to be leading that way. Either do what it takes to get that level or be complacent in what we have become. Do not sit there and be content with this and still call it good. That is unacceptable and disrespectful to what this program has been and to a certain lady with a statue out in front of the arena.

That has, literally, nothing to do with my comment or the question my comment was in response to.

VN Store

Back