GAMEDAY recipe ideas!

1 - packet of orange-flavored Kool-aid powder
1 - cup of granulated sugar
2 - quarts of ice water

Stir well. Voila!

I saw a really kewl hybrid cornbread I'm going to roll out when it gets cooler. Basically line a greased iron skillet with vidalia onion slices, thick cut. Make a good cornbread mix, I prefer and was raised on white meal, add a can of creamed mexican corn in it for moisture, chop some jalapenos in, and pour on top of the onions. Bake the whole thing at 450 until done and golden brown. Once cool enough turn over and dumpon a plate so the onions are topside, looks like onion upside down cake. Slice like a cake or put in a bowl with stew, homemade soup, or chili on top and have at it.

One Packet of cream cheese
One can of rotel
One pound breakfast sausage

Cook the sausage and after fully cooked, add the rotel and cream cheese. Let the cream cheese melt, grab a bag of tortilla chips and you have yourself a good dip.

Side note, I've used nacho Doritos before with it and those work just as well.

Just saw where deep fried jello won first at the Texas state fair. We are going to batter and deep fry everything for the Florida game. I have a special that most people haven't heard of yet to be deep fried. The App State game will just be pork butts and ribs.

Try deep fried Oreos. Use pancake batter delicious

Reactions: 1 person
For the health freaks I baked wings last week and they were as good as deep fried. Say 20 wings, use a teaspoon or a tad more of BAKING POWDER and maybe some salt/pepper and toss em in it, make sure you rinse the wings and Pat em dry beforehand. Put em in the oven at 250 for 30 minutes and then crank it to 425 for 50 minutes to an hour. I put em in a pan on a Rack that was greased, they Will stick. Then toss em in whatever sauce, they were great

Okay Vol fans, another season is here! I thought I would pull this back up for some of the newer members. Volnation has some really good ideas on here for food so take a peek.

I am going to tell you "health nuts" a way to Bake chicken wings without oil and I do not want to get shot over this but..... they are as good as wings dropped on a deep fryer.

-10 whole wings cut in half (or for you fellers that can't count 20 wing pieces, flappers or drumettes)

-place em in a bowl and toss salt/pepper on em, then ONE TABLESPOON of Baking Powder, toss your hands in them and rub that stuff into the wings.

-turn the oven on at 250 and take a baking pan and place a wire rack or some "scrunched" up aluminum foil and place it in the bottom of the rack (what we are doing here is raising the wings up off the bottom of the pan so air can circulate under the wings while they are cooking)

-place the wings on the rack and bake for 30 minutes at 250 then after 30 minutes turn the oven up to 425 and let them continue to cook for 40-50 minutes. Here is when it is time to pay close attention, ovens vary so when 40 minutes hit keep going to the oven and taking a peek and you can then judge how "brown" you want the wings to get.

-then take em out, dump your favorite sauce you have made or bought into a gallon size bag along with the wings and toss.

Let us hope for a great season for Team 121 and Go Big Orange!

Ok thought I'd pull this back outa the barn just in case we have new vol fans here or one of us is undecided on what to cook for the game. Many great ideas in here...

Those armadillo eggs are awfully good lol

Go Big Orange!

Ok thought I'd pull this back outa the barn just in case we have new vol fans here or one of us is undecided on what to cook for the game. Many great ideas in here...

Those armadillo eggs are awfully good lol

Go Big Orange!
@chuckb1448 Saw your original post about mexican white cheese rotel dip. I've been craving it too and about to make it. What do you use in yours?

Reactions: chuckb1448
Dude my wife makes the cheese dip, she's Mexican so I let her do anything like that lol. I'm thinking heavy cream, the cheese, and a dash of cayenne pepper powder. I'll ask 😋

VN Store

Back