GAMEDAY recipe ideas!

String cheese wrapped in bacon and deep fried. Just take cheese outta the packet, wrap it in a piece of bacon, heat oil in a skillet and fry it up. Simple but tasty.

Just saw where deep fried jello won first at the Texas state fair. We are going to batter and deep fry everything for the Florida game. I have a special that most people haven't heard of yet to be deep fried. The App State game will just be pork butts and ribs.

Reactions: 1 person
Just saw where deep fried jello won first at the Texas state fair. We are going to batter and deep fry everything for the Florida game. I have a special that most people haven't heard of yet to be deep fried. The App State game will just be pork butts and ribs.

You can literally deep fry just about anything and it taste good lol. I smoke macaroni and cheese. You ever try that? Smoke some pork, Mac and cheese, sautée some onions and fry some bacon. Take your favorite BBQ sauce, slap all that on a bun and you've got yourself a Mack daddy of a sammich.

You can literally deep fry just about anything and it taste good lol. I smoke macaroni and cheese. You ever try that? Smoke some pork, Mac and cheese, sautée some onions and fry some bacon. Take your favorite BBQ sauce, slap all that on a bun and you've got yourself a Mack daddy of a sammich.

Yeah I have smoked about everything possible in my 25 years of smoking food. From pheasant to macncheese to this thing I call a log. Take a pound of good sausage spread it out over thick cut bacon cross hatched in a rectangle on wax paper fill the middle with anything and everything you like roll it up wrap with foil smoke for around 6 hours. Then cut it in slices.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah I have smoked about everything possible in my 25 years of smoking food. From pheasant to macncheese to this thing I call a log. Take a pound of good sausage spread it out over thick cut bacon cross hatched in a rectangle on wax paper fill the middle with anything and everything you like roll it up wrap with foil smoke for around 6 hours. Then cut it in slices.

That sounds awesome. I'm a little new to smoking foods, I've done a brisket and chicken and Mac and cheese so far. Gonna try my hand at some other stuff this season.

If you like zucchini, boil them for 10 minutes, pull out of the water and put them a bowl of cold to stop them from cooking. Cut them in half, dig the insides out.

While the zucchini is boiling sautée a can of corn(I usually use half a can but recipe is supposed to call for an entire can),green onions, and bacon in a pan. Once that is finished, put that stuff in a bowl with some cream cheese and mix it up. Stuff the zucchini with that mixture, sprinkle a little Tony cacheres on them and stick them in the oven for about 10 minutes and you've got yourself a good zucchini boat.

I've never done it on a grill but if you're tailgating I'd imagine you could heat them in the grill, may even be better.

Reactions: 2 people
"Momma" buys string cheese for our daughter to take to daycare, I am so going to grab a few and try the string cheese thing!

Anybody grilling steak or chicken, Dales and Italian dressing, put the meat in a bag let it marinate over night. So good you can stick it in top of y your head and your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it.

50/50? Just Kraft or Newman's Italian out of the bottle? Thanks.

I've heard that referred to as a "pork fatty"

This one is easy:

Redneck Sliders

1 lb. of ground chuck
1 lb. of breakfast sausage (Wampler's Hot works well)
1 lb. of Velveeta
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Slider buns/ soft rolls (about 2 dozen)

Brown beef and sausage, break up, & drain very well. Add Velveeta & spices. Serve on buns.

Reactions: 3 people
The lady made these mac n cheese stuffed bread sticks last week. Probably going to be one of the staples this year as far as something to munch on while the main course is still smoking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOAk9wfZoko

Try adding a little red pepper on the inside of the pizza dough before you wrap them up to pep them up a bit.

Oh and don't try to cut the frozen block of mac n cheese right away. Save yourself trouble and fingers and let it sit a few minutes first

slow-motion-beer-can-fizzing-open_bkes82jlh__S0001.jpg

these are awesome

Candied Cheetos

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup clear Karo syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
16 ounces crunchy Cheetos cheese-flavored snacks

Bring butter, sugars, syrup to boil stirring constantly for 5 minutes while boiling.
Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir well.
Add Cheetos.
Spread out onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Cook at 250°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour -stirring every 15 minutes.
When cool enough to touch, break into pieces.

Attachments

• picl4VT0G.jpg
    picl4VT0G.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 4 people
In honor of Appalachian State, I am going out looking for a possum road-kill to grill up.

Hear they taste like skunk

That sounds awesome. I'm a little new to smoking foods, I've done a brisket and chicken and Mac and cheese so far. Gonna try my hand at some other stuff this season.

How did your brisket turn out? I have smoked 3 with 2 being really good. Your recipe for the zucchini sounds good I will definitely try it out this year.

I like to get my big yeti cup - fill to top with ice, then pour in 3/4 gentleman jack, 1/4 jack honey. You'll be on your ass in no time.

RTI posted a video today for Blackberry Sangria:

1/2 jar of Blackberry Moonshine
1 bottle red wine
1 cup blackberries
1 cup blueberries
1 green apple

It sounds totally foo foo but the girls will probably love it. I'd add some soda water to that.

First thing I make every week...Sausage Balls...Keeps people munching while waiting for whatever comes next. I've been making them for so long I don't measure anything anymore so I'm estimating below. I combine as much cheese as the sausage will hold, probably comes in a 16 oz. bag, takes about half to 3/4 of a bag usually...

1 LB Tennessee Pride Hot Sausage (I prefer hot, but mild is good too)

1 Cup Bisquick

1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (Sharp)

In a bowl, combine the above, mush together well (it is messy). Once combined, roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375, place sheet into oven for 30-45 minutes (temp and time will vary for different ovens).

Easy to double recipe.

Note: I've tried other sausages, Wamplers, Bob Evans, etc...they never turn out as good for some reason, gotta be Tennessee Pride.

GBO!!!

We do a little twist on this recipe and throw in some cream cheese instead of the full 8 ounces of cheddar, and add a little more Bisquick. Sounds weird, but it is a game changer! And I agree, there is no substitute for Tennessee Pride sausage.

8 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cup Bisquick
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
1 lb TN Pride hot sausage

VN Store

Back