GAMEDAY recipe ideas!

First thing I make every week...Sausage Balls...Keeps people munching while waiting for whatever comes next. I've been making them for so long I don't measure anything anymore so I'm estimating below. I combine as much cheese as the sausage will hold, probably comes in a 16 oz. bag, takes about half to 3/4 of a bag usually...

1 LB Tennessee Pride Hot Sausage (I prefer hot, but mild is good too)

1 Cup Bisquick

1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (Sharp)

In a bowl, combine the above, mush together well (it is messy). Once combined, roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375, place sheet into oven for 30-45 minutes (temp and time will vary for different ovens).

Easy to double recipe.

Note: I've tried other sausages, Wamplers, Bob Evans, etc...they never turn out as good for some reason, gotta be Tennessee Pride.

GBO!!!

I make these too.. some recipes calls for Two cups of the bisquick but that's Wayy too much.... they are Sausage Balls not Bisquick Balls:dance2:

Reactions: rgx
I make these too.. some recipes calls for Two cups of the bisquick but that's Wayy too much.... they are Sausage Balls not Bisquick Balls:dance2:

I agree two cups would make them soggy/cake-y...I'd rather under-do than over-do the Bisquick.

Give me a Rooster...& run him through the garden...from the Smokey Mountain Marlet...

Reactions: 1 person
As always I will be making my 3-2-1 ribs and lots of craft beer.
You asked for recipes; here is my recipe for ribs. Try them if you have a smoker you will not be disappointed. I prefer St. Louis style ribs.

Andy’s World famous Ribs (my own world that is).
3-2-1 Rib cooking method
1.Prep the ribs by removing the membranes and applying your rib rub (recipe below)
2.Place ribs, bone side down in smoker at 225 degrees F. (108 degrees C.) and cook for three hours
3.Wrap ribs tightly in aluminum foil to form an airtight seal, return to smoker bone side up and smoke for 2 hours
4.Unwrap ribs and return to smoker bone side down for 1 hour
5.Apply sauce to ribs (if you want) during the last 20 to 30 minutes of the cooking time

Smoky-Sweet BBQ Rub
Makes: 1 cup
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
¼ cup kosher salt
¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground ginger
Stir together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.

Smoky-Sweet BBQ Sauce
My favorite combination of BBQ sauce is equal parts Sweet Baby Rays "Sweet & Spicy" and Kraft "thick n’ Spicy Brown Sugar" BBQ sauce.

3-2-1 method is the best by far.. ive cooked some not using that and they were tough..... the 2-1 method is key as it steams the meat. I will place the ribs in a good cooler for about an hour after all is done Wrapped in foil of course.....

Armadillo Eggs, yes Armadillo Eggs!!!

Take a whole jalapeno, fill with your favorite cheese, and mold a layer of sausage around it to completely enclose the jalapeno, then put in smoker for about 45 mins to an hour at 250!! :rock:

Sounds weird but they are delicious!

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5122-smoked-armadillo-eggs-2.jpg

Reactions: 15 people
beer and baloney sandwiches :) cut the sandwiches up into little squares and stick a toothpick in em,if you want to impress your company,but make em bring there own ketchup

i would break out the BBQ Vienna Sausages on Ritz Crackers with a can of spray cheese,but Hey,I'm not sharing the good stuff :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

Attachments

• VIENNASAUBBQ.jpg
    VIENNASAUBBQ.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 5028101171_751af854f2.jpg
    5028101171_751af854f2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I always grill my wings, will try smoking them next Saturday :good!:

When I smoke them I generally coat them all in texas pete extra hot sauce and then season them with black pepper and seasoning salt. Then "smoke" them just like that until they are done. (I say "smoke" because I raise the coal pan in my bullet smoker to the middle rack so it is at a much higher temp than you would normally use while smoking).

Anyway, once they are nice and brown all over I toss them in a bowl of whatever sauce you like. ( A buffalo / jerk sauce mix has become my favorite!) And once they are thoroughly sauced I transfer them onto another grill that is very hot for a minute on each side. That crisps them up the way I like it.

If you try it, let me know how it goes!

Take a whole jalapeno, fill with your favorite cheese, and mold a layer of sausage around it to completely enclose the jalapeno, then put in smoker for about 45 mins to an hour at 250!! :rock:

Nothing about this sounds weird lol! I will try this weekend

Looks awesome. I tried that once but.....lets just say it didn't work. I grow my own jalapenos, and some other pepers, so I'm always looking for good ideas.

This weekend I'm cooking some stuff jalapenos and a big pot of chilli. My chilli probably should have a surgeon generals warning. It be hot.

Stuffed jalapeno...cut 24 jalapenos in half long ways. Make a boat out of em. I then clean out the seeds and innards. A baby spoon works great.

Stuffing...block of cream cheese. Bag of cheddar cheese (shreaded). 1 cup of Bacon bits (real). Diced jalapenos (6 should do). Mix in a bowl then stuff. Sprinkle parmesan and crushed red pepper on top.

Cook at 250 about 10 min....or when the cheese starts to melt. I like my jalapenos to still have alittle crunch.

Reactions: 3 people
Looks awesome. I tried that once but.....lets just say it didn't work. I grow my own jalapenos, and some other pepers, so I'm always looking for good ideas.

This weekend I'm cooking some stuff jalapenos and a big pot of chilli. My chilli probably should have a surgeon generals warning. It be hot.

Stuffed jalapeno...cut 24 jalapenos in half long ways. Make a boat out of em. I then clean out the seeds and innards. A baby spoon works great.

Stuffing...block of cream cheese. Bag of cheddar cheese (shreaded). 1 cup of Bacon bits (real). Diced jalapenos (6 should do). Mix in a bowl then stuff. Sprinkle parmesan and crushed red pepper on top.

Cook at 250 about 10 min....or when the cheese starts to melt. I like my jalapenos to still have alittle crunch.

Thats a good one!!

I do a version of that with half a jalapeno, but fill with a mix of cheese ans sausage, then wrap with a half slice of bacon held with a toothpick, then in smoker for half hour, they are pretty awesome! :dance2:

On this note...

One night my girlfriend and I were sitting at the bar at a sushi place. I like sitting at the bar because I like to watch them make everything. Anyway, I noticed one of the chefs cut a jalapeno in half and fill it half way with cream cheese and then topped it off with spicy tuna.

I was about to order whatever he was making before he walked away. When he came back he put down a plate with the jalapeno (now tempura fried) in front of us. He said "Japanese Jalapeno Popper"

It was absolutely amazing! I might have to try that for some game this season

Thats a good one!!

I do a version of that with half a jalapeno, but fill with a mix of cheese ans sausage, then wrap with a half slice of bacon held with a toothpick, then in smoker for half hour, they are pretty awesome! :dance2:

I tried that too but I couldn't get the bacon done without turning my jalapeno's soft. Maybe it's the smoker thats the trick.

Won't get to watch a game at home til the OU game. But we'll be having Buffalo Chicken Dip, White Cheese Dip, and Ham-Swiss and Turkey-Pesto sliders.

On this note...

One night my girlfriend and I were sitting at the bar at a sushi place. I like sitting at the bar because I like to watch them make everything. Anyway, I noticed one of the chefs cut a jalapeno in half and fill it half way with cream cheese and then topped it off with spicy tuna.

I was about to order whatever he was making before he walked away. When he came back he put down a plate with the jalapeno (now tempura fried) in front of us. He said "Japanese Jalapeno Popper"

It was absolutely amazing! I might have to try that for some game this season

Spicy tuna...I'm starting to think you can put pert near anything in em. I'm gonna try a few this weekend with a spoonfull of "hot" chilli. Maybe strained and topped with cheddar.

Reactions: 2 people
This is an awesome chip-n-dip recipe!

Texas Caviar

2 cans shoepeg corn
2 cans blackeyed peas (rinse)
1 can black beans (rinse)
2 cans mild Rotel tomatoes
1 small bottle Italian Dressing
1 chopped onion (medium)
1/4 cup diced garlic (from jar)
1 small green bell pepper diced
1/4 cup Red Wine vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice (find near salad dressings in store)
1 tablespoon Cumin
2 tablespoons Cilantro

Mix it all together and chill. Eat it with chips, nachos, etc. I like the hint of lime chips best.

Go Vols!

This is an awesome chip-n-dip recipe!

Texas Caviar

2 cans shoepeg corn
2 cans blackeyed peas (rinse)
1 can black beans (rinse)
2 cans mild Rotel tomatoes
1 small bottle Italian Dressing
1 chopped onion (medium)
1/4 cup diced garlic (from jar)
1 small green bell pepper diced
1/4 cup Red Wine vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice (find near salad dressings in store)
1 tablespoon Cumin
2 tablespoons Cilantro

Mix it all together and chill. Eat it with chips, nachos, etc. I like the hint of lime chips best.

Go Vols!

I make a very similar Black-Eyed Peas Salsa

1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped red peppers
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 jalepeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and cover...make the night before and let chill in the fridge...I usually never get any, the wife runs off with it and hides. It's super easy.

GBO!!!

My favorite:

Frozen chicken breasts (at least two, however many, and yes, frozen)
Can of salsa (any intensity and kind)
Can of corn, drained
Can of black beans, drained.

Pour it all in to a crockpot, crank it on high for 4-5 hours.

When that's over with, put a block of cream cheese on top. Let melt and stir.

Chicken will be so tender it'll be an amazing dip.

LOVE that recipe. It's #3 on food.com

Thats a whole lot of Nexium for me...sounds good gonna try this also..

VN Store

Back