Gas Prices Increasing

you know that increases in gas prices impact poor, working class people more than any other group right? you are saying you don't care about poor people trying to make a living; only yourself. nice

Based on recent comments, I’m guessing K-town’s proposed solution to those affected would be get a better job.

Reactions: AM64
VolFaninFla said:
I give a ****
I own my own business and gas prices have a profound effect on my expenses.

I wish I could. COVID-19 has crippled many of my customers businesses and like a domino, my business has taken a beating also.
I understand that. My wife's business went under due to covid. She is unemployed. Don't blame gas prices for crippling your business when they are the same as 2 years ago.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I understand that. My wife's business went under due to covid. She is unemployed. Don't blame gas prices for crippling your business when they are the same as 2 years ago.
I have not blamed the gas prices. Not sure where you got that.
I am simply stating that the increase will hurt more because, a year ago, my customers businesses were not affected as much as they are now.
What is really concerning is that prices are projected to go well over $3.00/gal in the summer. So are food prices.

Last edited:
you know that increases in gas prices impact poor, working class people more than any other group right? you are saying you don't care about poor people trying to make a living; only yourself. nice

I think it's a losing argument. To a lot of people fuel is just a noun - not something that powers industry and transportation and directly affects costs of anything from farm goods to a new car. There's a complete disconnect between the part about people with fixed incomes having larger chunks of income diverted to both their own fuel costs and anything purchased. It's probably just part of being a dem - raise the minimum wage and it will all be good ... only it won't because labor is a cost just like fuel ... and taxes, too.

He clearly said covid crippled his customers.

Except everything isn't the same as two years ago with revenues being slashed due to forced closures, limitations and other goods increasing in prices.

Are you really this illiterate in economics?

That's a good thing queeny, you're probably being too greedy anyway because she owned a business. So it's good that you're sacrificing for the greater good. Plus, some minority owner may get a break now.

Except everything isn't the same as two years ago with revenues being slashed due to forced closures, limitations and other goods increasing in prices.

Are you really this illiterate in economics?

One would think, since his wife owned a business, he'd a little less ignorant about economics

Reactions: RikidyBones
Here I am sitting in the line for emissions testing to renew my wife’s tags. 50+ cars sitting idling, spewing exhaust in the name of reducing auto emissions.

Reactions: tbwhhs and AM64
I dont give a **** about gas prices. I drive a 4cyl Acura. Its mainly redneck Trumpers with unnecessarily huge trucks that cost $100 to fill up that give a ****.

I haven’t read past this post yet , just wanted to make sure I get in the .. “you are an idiot for saying this” before I read any further . Only a boob would believe that fuel prices mainly effects rednecks with big trucks . If you aren’t worried about fuel prices then you are worried about the cost of living in this country .

I haven’t read past this post yet , just wanted to make sure I get in the .. “you are an idiot for saying this” before I read any further . Only a boob would believe that fuel prices mainly effects rednecks with big trucks . If you aren’t worried about fuel prices then you are worried about the cost of living in this country .

He doesn't understand how much stuff is made from oil.

Reactions: AM64 and GSD82

VN Store

Back