Gerald Mincey to the portal

If the contract becomes null and void, does the cooperative get their money back,and if so,what if the kid no longer has the money
Again i am making assumptions; but that would depend on the wording of the contract.

And how big your debt collectors are. Hahahaha.

Reactions: Butch s
As BK would say, what a turn of events. Guess we put OT to the top of our portal shopping list.

Mincey has made a big contribution for us, especially 2022 when he did a good enough job at left tackle to let Darnell excel at right tackle.

But this year he has been a little hard to rely on. Got suspended for FL and really hurt the team. Was injured another time or two. One game, he was injured and didn’t start but then played in the second half (making me curious about injury v suspension). Now he commits for 2024 and then transfers a month later. Seems a little flaky.

Good luck to him - he filled a need for us.

as of now, that is still the NCAA rule. They may have to change it based on the outcome of the trial but for football players the extension of the restraining order will not impact them unless the outcome of the trial goes against the NCAA.

Not being a big NCAA fan, it is hard to side with them. However, wide open portal use would be detrimental in most cases, to both the athletes and the schools.

I think the NCAA will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future. And then we may have something much better..... or worse. The thought of a Greg Sankey type leading a new organization for collegiate athletics.....blech.
It's just a formality at this point before the NCAA abandons transfer restrictions. This article cites a memo that they aren't enforcing it for the 2024-2025 season either.

Didn't he miss early in season for partaking of "puff the magic dragon" stuff? Emphasis on PUFF
My thoughts exactly everyone thinks it’s about money.He made the Florida trip because he had lots of family attending.He was limited to blocking for field goal attempts that game otherwise his ass would have stayed in Knoxville.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
Nine Alabama football players entered the NCAA transfer portal on Wednesday. All nine entries became official in the span of 15 minutes.

Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide were expecting transfer portal entries following their loss to No. 1 Michigan in the College Football Playoff. But still, nine players leaving the program in 15 minutes is practically unheard of.

The portal needs to be a one time option.
The portal needs to close after regular season.

Reactions: GBOx2
It just doesn't make sense. He was a lock to start for a top tier SEC team with an elite offense. He had a NIL deal, what more is there to ask for?

Reactions: tbh
It just doesn't make sense. He was a lock to start for a top tier SEC team with an elite offense. He had a NIL deal, what more is there to ask for?
Starting LT? Got a feeling he was gonna be disappointed with that one.

Nine Alabama football players entered the NCAA transfer portal on Wednesday. All nine entries became official in the span of 15 minutes.

Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide were expecting transfer portal entries following their loss to No. 1 Michigan in the College Football Playoff. But still, nine players leaving the program in 15 minutes is practically unheard of.
The school has 48hrs from the time the player requests to transfer to put them in the portal.

Bama probably just waited until they did the end of season interviews and got a bunch of requests and then had a lightning fast typist (or two) enter them all at once.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Nah. He's gone. Heupel doesn't strike me as the type of dude to play games like this. According to Mincey, he signed a deal with the Volunteer Club roughly 3 weeks ago. You can't threaten to leave 3 weeks after signing a deal and expect anyone to renegotiate with you. He's gone, IMO.

Best wishes to Mincey at his next destination.

This move gives the younger offensive linemen some more snaps in spring practice.

Reactions: ENGRVOL and FBtime
Hurts depth, that's about it. Don't want a dude who does nothing but chase money. It's getting ridiculous. NCAA has ruined college football.
Actually, it is/was the court systems. The NCAA had the last bastion of servitude since the 13th Amendment passed. Now, the pendulum has swung the opposite direction.

Nah. He's gone. Heupel doesn't strike me as the type of dude to play games like this. According to Mincey, he signed a deal with the Volunteer Club roughly 3 weeks ago. You can't threaten to leave 3 weeks after signing a deal and expect anyone to renegotiate with you. He's gone, IMO.

He also got distracted before the Florida game and that’s the cherry on top for me.

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back