Get Behind Coach Heupel

Is this a form letter post? I swear I have read it at least 3 times before.

If I had "wanted" to make $4 million per year to coach at Tennessee, and was hired to do so despite my obvious inexperience would you say the same? "Want-to" is not a job qualification, especially when millions of dollars of public money is at stake.

No matter how you cut it, this is underwhelming. It's a lazy hire by the AD...who may still end up being a great choice, but this choice does not indicate that.

It's amazing to me that people trot out the same drivel each time.

Next he'll have his press conference and we'll get the "We got the right man for the job" posts and the "Oklahoma is going to steal him away!" posts.

It's amazing to me that people trot out the same drivel each time.

Next he'll have his press conference and we'll get the "We got the right man for the job" posts and the "Oklahoma is going to steal him away!" posts.
Yep. It's a cycle.

Genius you realize more than one major program hired a coach this offseason right? Tell me how many had Heupel's name in the mix? I'll wait.

Haha. Youve seen the publicly published lists of each AD search? Please forward those my way, I am curious. Well I guess we should have called Harsin then right. Maybe we should call Sark. Since the collective genius like you only want to hire whoever the other schools hired.

Too many orange Kool Aid bathers on this website. Tennessee is not the power house it used to be. This is an upgrade from Pruitt. Period. Not overwhelming, not underwhelming either. Right about where we can expect. I will get behind him. If he hires the right D coordinator and makes great hires at position coaches, then we will be much improved. His offense will put points on the board.

For those less than enthused with this hire take this into consideration. CJH wanted this job when most others didn’t. Despite all of the adversity, despite unprecedented hurdles and despite a diminished roster he thought enough of this job to take on such a daunting task. He left a comfortable situation in Orlando to come to Knoxville to build something from the ground up. You can question whether he can get the job done but fact of the matter he is willing to give it a go. If your going to be critical of anyone be critical of those that didn’t have confidence in themselves that they could turn this thing around. Get behind this guy and remember a lack of early success doesn’t fall on him but does on the previous administration and coaching staff. Welcome to Rocky Top CJH!
For every guy on this forum that is trashing the new coach there is at least one booster with actual power working to actively undermine him. Heupel won't get a chance to make a good impression. The hard work is already being put in to discourage recruits and ensure he fails, regardless of his abilities.

Reactions: Wireless1
No. Also what’s wrong with earning it? I feel like we’ve been falsely crowning the savior of UT football with every coach since Fulmer left.

Reactions: DWright39
For those less than enthused with this hire take this into consideration. CJH wanted this job when most others didn’t. Despite all of the adversity, despite unprecedented hurdles and despite a diminished roster he thought enough of this job to take on such a daunting task. He left a comfortable situation in Orlando to come to Knoxville to build something from the ground up. You can question whether he can get the job done but fact of the matter he is willing to give it a go. If your going to be critical of anyone be critical of those that didn’t have confidence in themselves that they could turn this thing around. Get behind this guy and remember a lack of early success doesn’t fall on him but does on the previous administration and coaching staff. Welcome to Rocky Top CJH!
I'm waiting on the players reaction, if they are estactic then we need to get behind him and the team

That’s gonna be a no from me dawg.

If he brings Jeff Lebby from Ole Miss over as OC and keeps Steele, Gardner, Simon on defense...I am all in. We shouldn’t have worries on offense anymore.

Reactions: Birdie
After taking over for Frost who went 13-0 his coaching record has went down each year he was there. Did he win with Frost's recruits and couldn't sustain it?

Frost was there 2yrs and won with the previous regimes players... JH won 10 games and had a top 8 offense with a true freshman his 2nd year. They lost over 10 players on their defense this past year. Still had a top 10 offense and his QN was 6th in Heisman voting. Get him a good defensive staff and let's see what happens.

Attacking him accomplishes nothing, just hurts the program and we are already pretty low.

As I mentioned in other thread My 2 kids recently graduated from UCF. I actually live down here and follow the team. Watch most of the games. Kids love him and will run through a wall for him (that hasn't happened around here in a long time). Everyone here is going to love the offense. QB development is off the charts. Gets the SEC and knows what it takes. Former star QB. need a big time Defensive Coordinator/staff. typically average 40 plus points a game. Wears out the defenses. I am definitely ok with giving him a chance

We just hired the 5th most productive offensive scoring team in the 2018-2020 time frame:

Bama- 47.0 ppg (41 games)
Oklahoma- 44.6 ppg (39 games)
Clemson 43.9 ppg (42 games)
Ohio State- 43.8 ppg (36 games)
UCF- 43.0 ppg (36 games)

We could have done a lot worse.

And he is probably bringing Lebby. If volnation doesn't know who that is then go watch Ole Miss vs Bama. 2020. He is the OC that put up 50 on Saban

My allegiance is to the Vols....I will support the new coach 100% and hope he is the one to turn this program around. I hope everyone will give him support and realize this isn’t a quick fix. Hopefully he can get the most out of the talent we have - to get them to pull together as a team - by running schemes that fit our talents. But losing seven of the top eleven highest rated players (247 ratings) on the roster and facing scholarship reductions means we‘re going to be playing undermanned for several seasons.

Jeff Fisher would have taken it, guess we just were not going to pay 9 mil. a year for him and his staff . Would have been a slam dunk.

He seems like a good man. Someone who will give his all for UT. Just remember he turned Bradford into a heisman winner. He made Landry Jones look competent. He got drew lock a 2nd round draft grade and he’s turned Dillion Gabriel into a monster. QB whisperer. We need this kind of coach.

Harrison Bailey should be the happiest kid on the planet

Reactions: JohnnyJava
After taking over for Frost who went 13-0 his coaching record has went down each year he was there. Did he win with Frost's recruits and couldn't sustain it?
So only way he would be good is if he stayed undefeated? His record is 28-8, offenses in top 10 every year. If he gets Lebby and a good defense I am ok with this. Not my top pick, but we should end up in at least top 25 on offense. QBs should be happy with this hire.

We just hired the 5th most productive offensive scoring team in the 2018-2020 time frame:

Bama- 47.0 ppg (41 games)
Oklahoma- 44.6 ppg (39 games)
Clemson 43.9 ppg (42 games)
Ohio State- 43.8 ppg (36 games)
UCF- 43.0 ppg (36 games)

We could have done a lot worse.

Might want to take a look at their respective schedules before you try to make that comparison.

Quit with the true fan nonsense. Anyone who still wears orange at this put in our history has stuck through a lot but everyone has their breaking points.

Because they didn't hire who you wanted them to?

Grow up. The reality of the situation is that not many coaches want to come to a school that will be under sanctions. You're already taking over a bad team and now you're going to be handicapped even further. The fact that we were able to secure a successful current HC is a positive.

VN Store

Back