Ghosts..... Have you ever seen them?

We didn't speak for years. Now ( the last 10 or so) we talk about once or twice a month. I've thought of asking her, but I think this thing is tied to me. But, I think next time I talk to her I'll ask.

Thanks for sharing and best to you. The only experience i've had with this sort of thing was also tied to an ex-girlfriend and emotional traumas we both dealt with as kids.

No. I think we even got into it earlier in the thread.

I have mixed feelings about "ghosts". My rational, logical side dismisses the notion. I don't believe in the Christian God, angels, demons, Satan, spirits, or souls. That would seem to eliminate most explanations of "ghosts" and a lot of the "ghost" stories you hear about.

However, various experiences in my life and the testimony of countless others make me less hesitant to outright dismiss them.

I believe it is possible that some people have the ability to perceive things that most cannot. Much in the same way we realize that not only do we humans have a very limited ability (and range) to experience the external but also that animals have the ability to perceive the external in ways we cannot.

If "ghosts" are real, I believe it has something to do with the extra dimensions of reality. Continuing this train of thought, if such is true, it would makes sense that some people are born with abilities to "see"or "feel" dimensions that normal humans can not.

My apologizes if the question was redundant. You and I converse a lot, and I'm sure I had simply forgotten.

Thanks for the response though pktvol.

Thanks for sharing and best to you. The only experience i've had with this sort of thing was also tied to an ex-girlfriend and emotional traumas we both dealt with as kids.

No worries. I can talk about it now. For years the only person I could talk about if to is my wife. God love her. She listened to me talk about this. Over and over.

No worries. I can talk about it now. For years the only person I could talk about if to is my wife. God love her. She listened to me talk about this. Over and over.

I'm sure dealing with this has been a very heavy burden for you. Thanks for sharing. I definitely wouldn't think of judging someone's decision in that situation. Hopefully everything has gotten easier for you through the years.

Dang, that's intense. I can't imagine going through something like that.

I have a ouiji board story too. Well it's actually my wife's story. Her and her best friend were messing around with a ouiji board when they were around middle school/junior high age. They had found something that they were asking questions, and her friend asked it to possess her (wtf was this girl thinking). My wife said her friend's eyes rolled back in her head, and she started speaking in a different voice. My wife freaked out and started screaming. The other girl just sat there motionless for awhile then kind of shook herself out of it. What she came to she had no idea what had happened. They were really close friends, and she wasn't doing it to mess with my wife. She was really freaked out by it been my wife told her what happened.

Demonic Possession,that is very dangerous stuff!

My apologizes if the question was redundant. You and I converse a lot, and I'm sure I had simply forgotten.

Thanks for the response though pktvol.

No problem. It seems there are a lot of us who have experiences which are not easily explained.

My brother-in-law and my sister had been married for about two or three years and they had my nephew a year after they got married so he was around one or two years old at the time.

They were living in an apartment complex across Greenland Drive and MTSU's football stadium. When my brother-in-law finally explained the story he said that he had been struggling with work, the economy was bad, and he believes he wasn't living his life like the way he should.

Well, one night around 0200 or 0300 my sister and my nephew were asleep on the expandable couch (turns into a bed) and he was sleeping in the back room because he woke up early for work and my nephew enjoyed watching cartoons to fall asleep. He said he was having a nightmare and woke up sweating in his bed. As he awoke, he said he was met by a black figure with glowing red eyes that was speaking a different language in a deep, booming voice. The confrontation lasted about 30 seconds until the apparition disappeared.

He believes it was a testament to change his lifestyle. He told me about this encounter about four to five years ago so I'll get in touch with him so he can tell me it again, but this is what I remember.

Wow, very interesting. Thanks

Never seen a ghost, but here is my lone freaky story.

One of my best friends passed away several years ago in a boating accident. Everybody in town knew him and the funeral was held at the high school football stadium to accommodate everybody. His father passed out red silicone wristbands with his name and jersey number on them to close friends. I never, under any circumstance, took mine off ( have it on now as I type ).

Well, last fall I was at work and some fellow employees and I were trying to figure out where we wanted to eat lunch. Out of nowhere I noticed my red wristband was gone. We literally looked for 30 minutes around the office and could not find it. I was devastated honestly.

After finally giving up, we loaded up and went to lunch. After we received our food one of my friends went "holy **** dude, look at your wrist."

It was on my wrist. I still to this day have no idea how it got there or where it went. As soon as I looked down and noticed it I got cold chills up and down my spine.

One of my best friends passed away several years ago in a boating accident. Everybody in town knew him and the funeral was held at the high school football stadium to accommodate everybody. His father passed out red silicone wristbands with his name and jersey number on them to close friends. I never, under any circumstance, took mine off ( have it on now as I type ).

Well, last fall I was at work and some fellow employees and I were trying to figure out where we wanted to eat lunch. Out of nowhere I noticed my red wristband was gone. We literally looked for 30 minutes around the office and could not find it. I was devastated honestly.

After finally giving up, we loaded up and went to lunch. After we received our food one of my friends went "holy **** dude, look at your wrist."

It was on my wrist. I still to this day have no idea how it got there or where it went. As soon as I looked down and noticed it I got cold chills up and down my spine.

I could be wrong here but it sounds to me like your friend is letting you know that he's okay where he is & not to fear death.

Dave, I have read several of your responses and you do so as though you Know these things for sure.....

Not trying to challenge you, but how do you know these thing ?

By my Religious faith mostly. I also have read a lot of stuff online and heard talk show guests talk about it

Last edited:

Rooms with a Ghost-Spirit can feel a lot colder than the other rooms in that house.

By my Religious faith mostly. I also have read a lot of stuff online and heard talk show guests talk about it

Although I disagree with Dave, I can respect his answer given here. He says he uses faith to come to these conclusions. Not some ridiculous pseudo-nonscience. Unless, he is actually talking about some ridiculous pseudo-nonscience.

Although I disagree with Dave, I can respect his answer given here. He says he uses faith to come to these conclusions. Not some ridiculous pseudo-nonscience. Unless, he is actually talking about some ridiculous pseudo-nonscience.

I've listened to a lot of Coast to Coast AM programs with Art Bell and George Noory about this and read websites about demonology and the paranormal.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a friend of mine who has seen an angel.

He was/is a otr trucker. One night about 3am he was headed east on I-40. He was running 70-75mph loaded out at 79,500. He was heavy. He blew the right front steer tire on the truck, and lost control. He slid close to 300' down the interstate. He was very disoriented as any of us would be, but managed to climb out of the driver door. ( truck and trailer were laid over on its right side. He stepped on the left front tire that was still spinning fast as hell. It threw him through the air in to the grassy part of the shoulder. He managed to sit himself up, when a stranger came up and asked if he was ok. He responded that he was fine. The stranger asked him again and he said he was fine. He asked "are you sure". My friend admitted that his back was hurting bad. The stranger ran his hand up and down his back bone a few times. My friend said the pain stopped immediately. The man stood up and stated he had to go...

My friend said that with in seconds another man came running up asking him If he was hurt, etc. my friend kept asking for the other guy, but the man that was standing there assured him they were the only two people there. No other cars were visible.

Still to this day, when he tells that story, he gets goose bumps. He believes it was a angel that took his pain away. He said he remembers feeling the pressure from the mans hand as it went up and down his back.

It sounds like your friend hit his head a little harder than he remembers.

What's wrong with Art?:eek:hmy:

Is Art still living?

I spent a lot of time as teen mostly during summers in my middle school and early HS years listening to him laying in bed while I should have been sleeping! I instead was listening to stories of Ghosts, Aliens, Chemtrails & Conspiracies at 1AM on a station I barely could pick up using a headset radio!

Last edited:
Is Art still living?

I spent a lot of time as teen mostly during summers in my middle school and early HS years listening to him laying in bed while I should have been sleeping! I instead was listening to stories of Ghosts, Aliens, Chemtrails & Conspiracies on a station I barely could pick up using a headset radio!

Art's living in Pahrump with his 27(I think)year old Philipino wife and daughter

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'd love to heck out some of the cemeteries here in Savannah come Halloween. If that doesn't bring a ghost I suppose I'll never see one.

I'd love to heck out some of the cemeteries here in Savannah come Halloween. If that doesn't bring a ghost I suppose I'll never see one.

Went on a little vacation with some relatives to Savannah one year during Halloween. We went on this trolley and had a guide that told ghost stories about Savannah. Not sure if they were real or if he was making them up. Still pretty interesting though. I'm beginning to think that that were true after what I've read on here.

Went on a little vacation with some relatives to Savannah one year during Halloween. We went on this trolley and had a guide that told ghost stories about Savannah. Not sure if they were real or if he was making them up. Still pretty interesting though. I'm beginning to think that that were true after what I've read on here.

Supposedly Savannah is the most or one of the most haunted places.

I still want to see....

I had posted earlier about seeing a ghost, and at the time, stated that it was my only time. Actually, I later remembered another event which I will share. This one actually took place driving west on Cumberland Avenue heading out of Knoxville. At the time, a restaurant was in the building which was named "Abner's Attic". This later became the "Baker Peters Jazz Club". Apparently, the old house has quite a history.

At any rate, we were driving west on Cumberland Avenue about 2 am. There is a balcony on the East side of the building on the upper level. I saw a woman and two small children playing on that balcony. This was long after the restaurant was closed for the evening. The thing that caught my attention was that the woman was wearing a flowing white robe or dress. The scene simply looked surreal.

A few weeks later, we dropped in for dinner, and I asked one of the servers if there were ever indications of the old house being haunted. She told me there were lots of stories from people who worked there about tablecloths being yanked off of tables, etc.

VN Store

Back