Ghosts..... Have you ever seen them?

That's the old Baker-Peters house. It was built in 1840 by a Dr. Baker. Has some civil war history as he was killed there for treating confederate soldiers.

That is the old Hawkeyes II location. That is several miles from Cumberland Avenue/UT campus area.

Looks like a video tape which has been recorded/erased too many times. That might account for the possible apparition ( someone walked through and it wasn't fully erased ) or the camera might have actually caught something. Hard to tell.
JMO

I would, but don't know when I would have time. I have a new gig right now, it does not afford me the opportunity to travel as freely as I once did.

I do know someone who definitely would do so. He is good friends with the owner of the Thomas House in Red Boiling Springs. He has shown me videos and pictures of several orbs and very interesting objects.

The old farmhouse house I lived in as a child was haunted. It was built above where the previous house had burned down, there were fatalities. My older brother and I shared a bunkbed upstairs. The stairs to go up there were old oak, and right beside where the stairs met the upstairs was this large walk in closet. The closet only had one source of light, a pull down that was towards the back of the closet. There was always this oppresive "feeling" that came from that closet. To this day almost all of my nightmares revolve around that one room.

One night I woke up needing to pee, so I was going to climb down from my bunk and go downstairs to the one bathroom in the house. It was at that moment that I heard it. The creaking of the closet door opening. I immediately froze in place and intently listened as I heard light footsteps come down the hall and into the bedroom. Hearing the sound come up to the bed I decided it must be my brother. I started rolling over to see what he was doing when I noticed that I could hear him slowly breathing under me, in his bed, asleep. What I saw was not my brother. A young girl that looked like moonlight stood at the head of the bed looking down at him intently. In a panic I grabbed my pillow, chunked it at her, and buried my head under the covers. At some point I managed to finally fall asleep. That morning I woke up to my pillow still on the floor and my bladder ready to explode.

Reactions: 3 people
As it is Halloween I decided more ghost stories from the farmhouse are in line. This one actually happened to my mom.

When I was ten my dad died in a farming accident, so of course my siblings and I didn't go to school for about two weeks. My mom was given an even longer time off to straighten things out. When my siblings and I returned to school that created s scenario where my mom would be at the house by herself all day. One day she was in the houses only bathroom talking to a friend/co-worker on the phone. The bathroom opens to a hallway that has the oak stairs and her bedroom. Well as she is in the bathroom cleaning up after us kids and talking on the phone she suddenly hears a tremendous crashing sound come from the stairs like someone or something had fallen down them. As my mom was at home alone she figured that her mind was just playing tricks on her; that is until her friend asked if she was ok and what was that sound. My mom searched the entirety of the house and not a single item was out of place.

We moved from that house a few months later and never told our family about what happened. Aftee we moved out the house was rented our by my grandparents to many tenants in a row. Years later I was with my grandmother when she told me something interesting about the most recent tenants. Apparent over the length of their stay they had heard someone fall down the stairs three times during the dead of night. Nothing was ever at the foot of the stairs though...

I have actually assembled a paranormal team. We haven't got to do much yet because my off days are Tuesday and Wednesday, but hopefully that changes soon and I can get some decent off days and we we can get out there and see what we can find. I actually already have permission to investigate the old Brushy Mountain Prison once the new owners take full rights. I used to work there so it will be a thrill for certain!

BV, sounds like you need to investigate Mockingvol's old homestead

The thing that sucks is that over the years of being rented by people who couldn't care less about the house it got in really poor condition. When they finally sold the house and the land it sits on the new owners had to basically gut the entire house. There might still be something there though.

VN Store

Back