Gina Carano Fired After Social Media Post

I’m amazed sometimes at my ability to disagree with both sides of an argument.

What Huff is saying is a very disingenuous way of taking her post. Intentionally reading it in the worst way possible, because she’s right wing.

But he’s also replying to Ras who is attempting to go down his normal antisemitic path about “the powerful”, “media”, “banks”, etc.

Wrong. It was actually very carefully worded so that you wouldn't think it was my interpretation. I literally said, "People didn't like a Holocaust post she made." I said "people inferred." I didn't say "I". I was mostly talking as a matter of fact about what happened. She did something. The public reacted. Disney reacted,

The only thing I introduced my judgement on was her putting so much import on political views for class protection (which ironically would be a traditionally conservative viewpoint).

Wrong. It was actually very carefully worded so that you wouldn't think it was my interpretation. I literally said, "People didn't like a Holocaust post she made." I said "people inferred." I didn't say "I". I was mostly talking as a matter of fact about what happened. She did something. The public reacted. Disney reacted,

The only thing I introduced my judgement on was her putting so much import on political views for class protection (which ironically would be a traditionally conservative viewpoint).

When you say “she seemed to imply” that’s seems like your judgement. Sure, you added “/people inferred”, but if it wasn’t your judgment why add “seemed”. Sounds like you’re giving your impression.

In your reading of the post, did you see that and believe “she’s saying democrats are going to lead a Holocaust against republicans”?

When you say “she seemed to imply” that’s seems like your judgement. Sure, you added “/people inferred”, but if it wasn’t your judgment why add “seemed”. Sounds like you’re giving your impression.

You are such a waste of time.

Rhetorical question...did you read GC's tweet and get the impression she is worried about conservatives turning into Nazis?

She was doing the black supremacist thing where you pretend the only races/ethnicities are black/white and literally said it was just “two groups of whites people” and “not about race”
I thought I said that. Well, not in the exact same way. Lol

I have been confused as a Trump supporter here, but who cares either way? I take traditionally conservative positions all the time. Probably more than Trump.

The misinformation campaigns with you never cease.
Oh sure, sure.

Misinformation campaigns? You mean like you getting something blatantly wrong in the Israel thread, and accusing me of doing something I never did?

Then when confronted with it essentially saying - “well, whatever”

You mean that kind of misinformation lol?

She was doing the black supremacist thing where you pretend the only races/ethnicities are black/white and literally said it was just “two groups of whites people” and “not about race”
I really don’t think Whoopi is a black supremacist. I just think she’s a dumb liberal Hollywood elitist. I wouldn’t put her in the same category as Louis Farrakhan.

Reactions: whodeycin85

Rhetorical question...did you read GC's tweet and get the impression she is worried about conservatives turning into Nazis?
Months of anti-mask, anti-vax, and partisan political posts also played a role in how people interpreted the post that ultimately prompted Disney/Lucas Film to give her the Heisman. Discussing just one of her posts leaves out a lot of context.

I didn’t think she was a very good actress but the show and its spin-offs have been pretty bad since they wrote her out of it.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Months of anti-mask, anti-vax, and partisan political posts also played a role in how people interpreted the post that ultimately prompted Disney/Lucas Film to give her the Heisman. Discussing just one of her posts leaves out a lot of context.

I didn’t think she was a very good actress but the show and its spin-offs have been pretty bad since they wrote her out of it.

The Star Wars universe in general is one of the most disappointing things to the kid in me. I would have never guessed we'd have this much content and I would only care about 10% of it.

I liked Carano on the show and in Deadpool. She's convincing going toe to toe in terms of physicality with anybody on screen, and not many actresses can pull that off. That being said, there is almost no chance her show would have been good to me. I like Andor, Rogue One, and that's about it from the new stuff. I kinda like Mando and Boba Fett. Haven't watched the season of Mando that you say is bad.

You said it seemed like she was saying that. Now you’re upset with me for asking if that’s what you meant?

Clearly I’m the problem here. You could have simply stated “no, I do not, and I shouldn’t have phrased it that way”.

The Star Wars universe in general is one of the most disappointing things to the kid in me. I would have never guessed we'd have this much content and I would only care about 10% of it.

I liked Carano on the show and in Deadpool. She's convincing going toe to toe in terms of physicality with anybody on screen, and not many actresses can pull that off. That being said, there is almost no chance her show would have been good to me. I like Andor, Rogue One, and that's about it from the new stuff. I kinda like Mando and Boba Fett. Haven't watched the season of Mando that you say is bad.
I completely agree. I liked Rogue One. I thought the first two seasons of the Mandalorian were really good. Andor was easily the best Star Wars since Disney bought the IP.

The last season of the Mandalorian wasn’t as bad as some of the movies Disney has made, it just seemed like they just ended their story and were like “well, we might as well keep the money printers running…”

When you read her post you thought she was stating that a Holocaust against republicans is coming?

The post didn’t even mention republicans nor democrats. If anything it seems to be more about the importance of unity and avoiding divisiveness

I believe she was talking about german countrymen turned on each other and turned people in to the gov leading up to hilter taking over. She was warning this could happen to America.

^^^^^This^^^^^

Is, "give someone the Heisman" now an idiom for termination?

Is, "give someone the Heisman" now an idiom for termination?
3rd Flo advocated performing the “Heizman” on women of the night with malodorous breath and depleted bank accounts way back in 2008.

The urban dictionary entry is from 2004!

You old.

Reactions: KptVFL and McDad
3rd Flo advocated performing the “Heizman” on women of the night with malodorous breath and depleted bank accounts way back in 2008.

The urban dictionary entry is from 2004!

You old.
Ok. I get it in this context...blocking someone or pushing them out of the way.

I am old but I'm still cool...I just know I am. I can feel it.

goes back at least to 1989 - saw this band open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the World's Fair site

I’m happy that my use of a euphemism to avoid getting dragged into the debate about whether she was fired has proven how uncool @McDad is. 😂

Reactions: McDad
Disney has no leg to stand on. Especially after all the comments other actors made. Any halfway objective judge should rule in favor. The discovery should be pretty good

Disney makes a lot of bad mistakes because they are ran by stubborn idiots. If they had half a brain, they would settle on this to prevent the discovery you are alluding to.

This is why I am worried about the SEC signing up with ESPN/ABC instead of CBS or NBC. ESPN is a sinking ship financially and the SEC is now in bed with them.

VN Store

Back