Gina Carano Fired After Social Media Post

You’re too stupid to know what you’re talking about.
You don’t fear dipshits with no power. When a group gets together and makes up an enemy, accusing them of being both subhuman and the cause of all problems at the same time, and then accuses everyone who disagrees with them of being part of that group, then you start to watch them. When that group starts talking “re-education camps” and “gun control” laws you start to get concerned. When the simple minded fall for it (that’s you) it’s time to be on guard
For a second I thought you were disparaging Qanon supporters, people who think BLM and Antifa stormed the capitol, and people who think Jewish space lazers start Forrest fires. Instead you ended up carrying their water. Sadly I guess my initial opinion about how you would've acted when Hitler was in power is quite accurate.

For a second I thought you were disparaging Qanon supporters, people who think BLM and Antifa stormed the capitol, and people who think Jewish space lazers start Forrest fires. Instead you ended up carrying their water. Sadly I guess my initial opinion about how you would've acted when Hitler was in power is quite accurate.
Those people are almost as stupid as you

I had never heard of her or the show before all this.

I hope she signs a huge contract, gets paid upfront, then Disney gets cancelled by the woke crowd that started all this crap.
If you’ve seen the first Deadpool movie you’ll recognize her as “less angry Rosie O’Donnell.”

I had never heard of her or the show before all this.

I hope she signs a huge contract, gets paid upfront, then Disney gets cancelled by the woke crowd that started all this crap.

Wait, it sounds like Disney is listening to the people and correcting their behavior but your hope is that this fortune 500 co. that employs thousands upon thousands of people and brings joy to billions goes down? Because they shouldn't have fired one employee you had never heard of?

Your politics have deranged you

Wait, it sounds like Disney is listening to the people and correcting their behavior but your hope is that this fortune 500 co. that employs thousands upon thousands of people and brings joy to billions goes down? Because they shouldn't have fired one employee you had never heard of?

Disney listened to the wrong people to start with...

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

Isn't that the world we live in now? What exactly was she fired for? Because an idiot on facebook didn't comprehend what her statement was about, got upset, and posted their feelz.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Where the hell did you go?

Funny this thread gets bumped a year after the 3rd season and there wasn’t a peep about her character missing while it was coming out.

I’ll never forget someone in the Mando thread complaining about her debut episode in the first season. Saying she was too strong for a female charter, shouldn’t been able to hold her own against the lead male character, then went to the old “Disney pushing their agenda” song and dance. This was before “woke” became the go-to pejorative of the right but that’s essentially what they were saying.

So I forgot... What exactly did Gina Carano do that got her fired?

She didn't get fired. Her contact was up and didn't get renewed.

It wasn't just one thing. I believe she got warned. The last straw was people didn't like a holocaust post she made. She appeared to put political beliefs on the same protected class tier as ethnicity, which is outrageously stupid and some people were offended. She seemed to imply/people inferred she thinks liberals were gonna do a holocaust to conservatives. Again, this was just the last straw for an otherwise mostly unknown actress out of contract.

Last edited:

It wasn't just one thing. I believe she got warned. The last straw was people didn't like a holocaust post she made. She appeared to put political beliefs on the same protected class tier as ethnicity, which is outrageously stupid and some people were offended. She seemed to imply/people inferred she thinks liberals were gonna do a holocaust to conservatives. Again, this was just the last straw for an otherwise mostly unknown actress out of contract.
Pedro Pascal trafficked in the same material.
Pedro Pascal did it repeatedly, too.

Pedro Pascal didn’t face what she did. And we know why.

I’m all for private business being allowed to do business with whomever the F they want. The State should stay the hell out of it.

But the Mouse House pretty much backed up her claims about their treatment of one ideology over another - hence the appropriate mockery.

BS
Carano had previously been criticized for social media posts that mocked mask wearing during the pandemic and made false allegations of voter fraud during the 2020 presidential election. She also mocked the use of gender pronouns in profiles, listing “beep/bop/boop” in her social media bio. She said this was not about mocking trans people but a “Star Wars” reference to R2-D2, and the lawsuit calls it “a playful way to defuse all the harassment she had received.” But she alleges the issue led to the company harassing her.

The lawsuit says Carano willingly took part in Zoom meetings with leaders of LGBTQ+ groups at the company’s behest with “very positive” results, but that Lucasfilm demanded a public apology in which she admitted “to mocking or insulting an entire group of people, which Carano had never done” and subjected her to other harassment over the issue.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back