Girls of Mizzou

and now for a palate cleanser

YmZ7QmGaRLOS9YI6Ron4_Screen%20Shot%202016-01-01%20at%201.52.41%20PM.png
Lord have mercy, those eyes...makes a man think bad thoughts.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
NiK Peavy, Graduate Assistant
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs
me-site.png

NiK joined the LGBTQ Resource Center in the summer of 2018, serving as the Graduate Assistant. They recently graduated from Georgia Southern University with a Bachelors of Science in Psychology, and are currently a student in the Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis Masters program at Mizzou. When asked why they want to work in the LGBTQ Resource Center, NiK said “I was extremely involved on campus in undergrad and came out to those around me during that time. Through that experience, I realized a passion inside of myself to guarantee those that come after me have an easier time. I want to help provide space for LGBTQ+ students to find their voice while also finding a home.” They are passionate about making sure students feel comfortable being their authentic self both inside the center and on campus, and are always happy to meet with students.

Contact NiK if you have questions about the Proud Tigers Mentorship Program, getting involved as an LGBTQ student, or their favorite tabletop games!

I just lost my breakfast---

View attachment 310000
Alexis F. Lewis
Areas of Study:
  • feminist theory
  • cultrue & identity
  • queer theory / queer of color critique
  • space, embodiment, and affect
  • biopolitics and neoliberal politics
  • critical whiteness studies
Bio:
I (she/they) am a Ph.D. student at the University of Missouri. I received my B.A. in Sociology and Communication from the University of South Florida and a M.A in Sociology from the University of Missouri. My broad research interests are gender, race, sexualities, identity and culture. My current research looks at what happens when diversity discourses meet material and virtual spaces/bodies on the university campus under neoliberal politics. I am invested in critically analyzing systems of power and the re-articulations of inequalities in today's sociopolitical landscape, along with the possibilities of coalitional politics both inside and outside the academy.
What the actual F ??? Areas of Study 👏 @Tin Man I curse you sir!
If old Alexis isn't the typical "I have $150,000 in student debt with a PHD and I cant find a job for more than $8.50 an hour because of discrimination against me", I don't know what is. Of course she will get a job making 6 figures teaching one of those "areas" cause we need more of those critical thinkers in academia:eek:.

VN Store

Back